Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The only thing you have ever provided any proof for is that you are an intellectually retarded buffoon. Indeed, the evidence you have consistently provided for that is overdetermined by a factor of 41 million which is precisely the current number of vaccines licensed for export by the EU.

RUBBISH

The Press/Media in France & Central Europe are quiet Correct to Blame Ineffective Macron but they must also ADD Von de Leyen & Merkel. Shame that the French and other EU governments have put their politics before the welfare of their citizens. This was just about bashing the UK

Edited by SwindonCanary

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

RUBBISH

You're right about that, everything you have ever said is puerile RUBBISH.

Please, we all have to stop replying to this annoying ****. Absolute waste of bloody time.

55 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You have got it all wrong, it's not the EU  that's exporting the vaccines, if they had their way they would keep it all, it's just that the UK were good and made contracts with the manufactures whilst the EU decided what to do. 

You’ve been reading to many fairy tales. Let me tell you another one.

Once upon a time there was a magic Pfizer tree based in number 10s back garden. There was also a factory that made 2 million AZ doses a week that when delivered to number 10 just like the bread and fishes in the bible the PM turned them into millions more by touching them.

If you really believe what you have said ( I think you are on a wind up ) why would it matter if the EU don’t export any vaccine as they don’t export any.

Just now, Herman said:

Please, we all have to stop replying to this annoying ****. Absolute waste of bloody time.

Absolutely Herman! I'm stopping right now. Anyway, his last post reminded me I need to go outside and spread some manure on the garden.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Pfizer warns EU NOT to block vaccine exports

Pfizer also warned the U.K. not to extend the second dose to 12 weeks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

You’ve been reading to many fairy tales. Let me tell you another one.

Once upon a time there was a magic Pfizer tree based in number 10s back garden. There was also a factory that made 2 million AZ doses a week that when delivered to number 10 just like the bread and fishes in the bible the PM turned them into millions more by touching them.

If you really believe what you have said ( I think you are on a wind up ) why would it matter if the EU don’t export any vaccine as they don’t export any.

WBB...this Swindon Canary account I'm fairly sure is exactly what you say it is "a wind up". 

Maybe one of those bots or someone completely enjoying the ride?

There is no reply to any question asked (and hasn't been for years) but a simple one line or two line response which doesn't answer anyone's questions. Sometimes it's a mere re-hash or an exact repeat of a previous reply. The debate is important but I simply do not understand why posters still engage with this. I believe everyone is being taken for one massive ride

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

WBB...this Swindon Canary account I'm fairly sure is exactly what you say it is "a wind up". 

Maybe one of those bots or someone completely enjoying the ride?

There is no reply to any question asked (and hasn't been for years) but a simple one line or two line response which doesn't answer anyone's questions. Sometimes it's a mere re-hash or an exact repeat of a previous reply. The debate is important but I simply do not understand why posters still engage with this. I believe everyone is being taken for one massive ride

It's hard to conclude anything else. We all need to stop replying to his nonsense unless there is genuine evidence he wants to engage in serious debate based on reason and evidence. And somehow I don't think there is much likelihood of that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Compared to our inept European counterparts, the roll out of the Covid vaccine in the UK has gone remarkably well. Such a relief!

It is true. Thank goodness we did get something right and well done all concerned.

But you really must work out whether its the EU or as in your post above, Europeans. The EU is an organisation and Europeans are just people like us. 

My wish to have remained in the EU does not stop my thoughts that as an organisation, it has been too slow on its rollout. They have got it wrong.

Just as much as I am chuffed that we are doing well with our rollout, I am also angry with so much else that our Government has got wrong during this crisis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It's hard to conclude anything else. We all need to stop replying to his nonsense unless there is genuine evidence he wants to engage in serious debate based on reason and evidence. And somehow I don't think there is much likelihood of that.

The debate is important and I always read peoples' comments and articles posted. I suppose having someone posting such stuff makes for a broader thread and takes in more views.

But with this account it doesn't always feel very genuine somehow and the thread gets more like a monologue of frustration! Perhaps Swindon will actually answer some questions so it could change yet. Yet it does have an air of futility doesn't it? I have stopped asking questions certainly and have become a reader instead. Can't be bothered to have any view either validated or more often ignored.

He did once answer though (about no deal) and was honest in his reply. Apologies to you Swindon for talking about you indirectly.  Yet, responses in capitals saying "NO THEY DIDN'T" and such like doesn't really add. It would be good if Swindon actually thought about some of the points made and stated he is reflecting about it and maybe concede certain points but I doubt that is going to happen Horsefly.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It is true. Thank goodness we did get something right and well done all concerned.

But you really must work out whether its the EU or as in your post above, Europeans. The EU is an organisation and Europeans are just people like us. 

My wish to have remained in the EU does not stop my thoughts that as an organisation, it has been too slow on its rollout. They have got it wrong.

Just as much as I am chuffed that we are doing well with our rollout, I am also angry with so much else that our Government has got wrong during this crisis.

The EU procurement has been confounded by delays generally not all of the EU's making.

The 'Roll Out' has in itself nothing at all to do with the EU but is the responsibility of the individual nation states.

Obvious but lost on some  - The EU 'EMA' never suspended AZ or anything else but some of the nation states acted alone and independently.

Britain has been in receipt of deliveries of AZ vaccine since about 24th January. Britain ordered their vaccine 3 months earlier than did the EU On that basis, EU is lucky to have received any vaccine as yet. More to the point, Britain PAID handsomely for the design and the development of the vaccine AND it's manufacturing facilities. All the EU managed to do was to argue about the commercial terms of the contracts of sale. Not to mention all the reputational damage the EU has attempted to the AZ vaccine and it's company who are doing their best to help ALL the people at little or no profit to themselves. 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Britain has been in receipt of deliveries of AZ vaccine since about 24th January. Britain ordered their vaccine 3 months earlier than did the EU On that basis, EU is lucky to have received any vaccine as yet. More to the point, Britain PAID handsomely for the design and the development of the vaccine AND it's manufacturing facilities. All the EU managed to do was to argue about the commercial terms of the contracts of sale. Not to mention all the reputational damage the EU has attempted to the AZ vaccine and it's company who are doing their best to help ALL the people at little or no profit to themselves. 

SwindonCanary has a history of posting misinformation on many subjects, this is another example of such misinformation.

That is all you need to know about this post.

48 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

SwindonCanary has a history of posting misinformation on many subjects, this is another example of such misinformation.

what's wrong on it ?

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

Did that months ago, far more enjoyable not reading or interfacing with the troll.....

Like I said strange how those three on here with the same agenda don’t contribute to any football thread......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Compared to our inept European counterparts, the roll out of the Covid vaccine in the UK has gone remarkably well. Such a relief!

Unfortunately the same can’t be said about the Brexit deal we signed up to which is not going well to date for the U.K., maybe things will change. 
By the way you may recall the vaccine roll outs were nothing to do with Brexit.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

what's wrong on it ?

You say the EU is lucky to have any vaccine? But AZ took their order and their money but didn't deliver because, and we have told you this so many times, a batch of culture failed and they could only deliver 25 % of the order.

Britain do not own the rights to the vaccine. That was owned by Oxford, who then donated it to AZ. Despite the UK Government paying millions maybe billions for development.

AZ are producing non profit until 1July or when the pandemic is over. It retains the right to do so. And retains the right to charge far more than it currently charges after the initial contract is fulfilled.

They still have the EU's money but still haven't delivered as per contract.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You say the EU is lucky to have any vaccine? But AZ took their order and their money but didn't deliver because, and we have told you this so many times, a batch of culture failed and they could only deliver 25 % of the order.

Britain do not own the rights to the vaccine. That was owned by Oxford, who then donated it to AZ. Despite the UK Government paying millions maybe billions for development.

AZ are producing non profit until 1July or when the pandemic is over. It retains the right to do so. And retains the right to charge far more than it currently charges after the initial contract is fulfilled.

Not to mention it’s an Anglo Swedish company, it’s part European so thanks to the great work by all involved in the EU, UK and other parts of the world for research, development, testing and manufacturing.......true international undertaking not a UK stand alone vaccine as those with no knowledge would like you to believe!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not to mention it’s an Anglo Swedish company, it’s part European so thanks to the great work by all involved in the EU, UK and other parts of the world for research, development, testing and manufacturing.......true international undertaking not a UK stand alone vaccine as those with no knowledge would like you to believe!

Indeed, as you know from the COS thread The Serum Institute of India were particularly active in the process and manufactured nearly all the trial doses. Few of the major governments have kept to their promises, at least The US told the world nobody was getting any until the US citizens had been vaccinated.

I still find it difficult to work out how Sarah Gilbert and Andrew Pollard etc have been kept away from the headlines let alone received British honours ( knighted, Dame etc ). It’s like they are banned from the press conferences in case they are seen as the people that made this possible.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Herman said:

So why lie about the numbers?

or was it you who lied when you wrote the EU supplied it ?  

Edited by SwindonCanary

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The EU made a BIG mistake in not getting their order in fast enough, so they were further down the list.

Britain does not own the rights to vaccine produced here but once again it was first to get their order in, so others have to wait.   

Edited by SwindonCanary

Erdogan acts like Ivan the terrible, anything he does not like, political opposition to big for his liking, Kurdish representation in Parliament or the fact that international banks and markets are in a flutter due to this small little virus getting at us. He is a demagogue bordering on dictator who will stop at nothing to get his will.

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The EU made a BIG mistake in not getting their order in fast enough, so they were further down the list.

Britain does not own the rights to vaccine produced here but once again it was first to get their order in, so others have to wait.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Erdogan acts like Ivan the terrible, anything he does not like, political opposition to big for his liking, Kurdish representation in Parliament or the fact that international banks and markets are in a flutter due to this small little virus getting at us. He is a demagogue bordering on dictator who will stop at nothing to get his will.

I'm still certain that his coup was a giant set up. A really clever ploy to cement his power. A shame as it was a great country to visit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Here is a sensible view that helps show how his posts are pure misinformation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/brexit-blinds-britain-to-astrazeneca-s-blunders-1.4514825