Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

why are they blocking our shell fish due to the waters yet they have been accepting all the time we've been in the EU ?  

Oh dear! do you really need this explaining? It's because we refused to include a legally enforceable agreement to abide by EU food safety standards in the brexit deal. Thus we are required to provide evidence (paper work/red tape) that whatever we export to the EU does meet their standards. When we were in the EU and single market we automatically incorporated the same safety standards so didn't need this red tape. It really isn't difficult to understand.

This is the cost we pay for for the so-called sovereign privilege of retaining a right to diverge from EU food safety standards. This is what you voted for so stop complaining, or at least blame the right people (the UK government)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And what about blocking  vaccine from going to Australia ?

So should we send our vaccines to Australia, if not why not?

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

I can't believe this. Our Tommy is a scammer? Surely fake news. First Nige and now this. I have been let down.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-cocaine-donations-prison-b1787467.html

Does this really come as any surprise. A convicted fraudster who served time for his attempts at scamming is hardly likely to be open and honest when tens of thousands in untraceable donations kept coming his way.

And as long as he kept peddling more righty nonsense the money kept lining his pockets.

Unfortunately  with "They include a defamation case Robinson is defending relating to allegations he made against a teenage Syrian refugee and proceedings following an assault charge, for which he was convicted."

He has seen what happened to fellow rightie Kate Hopkins, and so he is now claiming to have no money - lest the forces of justice take it away. Not being the brightest he is now trying to cover his tracks, as if bank records can't be seen, and money not traced

Just like Trump and the conning pastors of the US, his day(s) in court are looming.

Though it does beg the question of is it really a crime to lie to stupid people in order to fleece them ? After all, organised religion has been doing it for centuries

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Does this really come as any surprise. A convicted fraudster who served time for his attempts at scamming is hardly likely to be open and honest when tens of thousands in untraceable donations kept coming his way.

And as long as he kept peddling more righty nonsense the money kept lining his pockets.

Unfortunately  with "They include a defamation case Robinson is defending relating to allegations he made against a teenage Syrian refugee and proceedings following an assault charge, for which he was convicted."

He has seen what happened to fellow rightie Kate Hopkins, and so he is now claiming to have no money - lest the forces of justice take it away. Not being the brightest he is now trying to cover his tracks, as if bank records can't be seen, and money not traced

Just like Trump and the conning pastors of the US, his day(s) in court are looming.

Though it does beg the question of is it really a crime to lie to stupid people in order to fleece them ? After all, organised religion has been doing it for centuries

I wonder how much Jools sent him?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

I wonder how much Jools sent him?

probably in euros what ever it was 🤣

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To date they have exported 41 million doses remind me how many America and the U.K. have exported.

quite a lot more but the EU refuse to use it 

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

blatant lie

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are tying yourself in knots, I thought they don’t have any vaccine ?

Guess you are not going to tell us why we should worry about the EU not exporting vaccines to us ? Will we need European workers to harvest our Pfizer jabs from the magic Pfizer tree ?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

blatant lie

Indeed, at least America were honest and said no country was getting any vaccine manufactured in America, and even though it was Trump, Biden has kept to it.

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Indeed, at least America were honest and said no country was getting any vaccine manufactured in America, and even though it was Trump, Biden has kept to it.

Indeed. Living in America, I really don't have a problem with taking care of "America First", but I do have a problem with "Me and My Relatives and my Friends" first i.e. corruption. Same in the UK.... 

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To date they have exported 41 million doses remind me how many America and the U.K. have exported.

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As you have brought it up yet again I will copy and paste my original answer to see if you can manage an answer this time.

You are tying yourself in knots, I thought they don’t have any vaccine ?

Guess you are not going to tell us why we should worry about the EU not exporting vaccines to us ? Will we need European workers to harvest our Pfizer jabs from the magic Pfizer tree ?

On Wednesday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps accused senior EU politicians of damaging its vaccination program by making “misleading” statements that cast doubt on the Astra shot.

In a round of broadcast interviews, he said fewer British people had taken up the offer of shots in the U.K. after EU officials questioned the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine, a clear reference to remarks from French President Emmanuel Macron, among others. In January, Macron called the shot “quasi-ineffective” for people over 65.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So let's get this clear; you are claiming that America and the UK have exported well over 41 million doses of the vaccine? Please provide the evidence.

And just to clarify your completely misleading claim; they have not refused to use the AZ vaccine, they have paused its use while they investigate whether it is connected to a number of blood clot incidents. Whether that pause is a wise move is certainly a valid question, but there is absolutely nothing to gain by you lying about their decision. It is expected by most commentators that they will begin to use the vaccine again shortly.

It is very apparent that you keep spreading lies about the EU in order to deflect from the disastrous brexit deal that you supported. Grow up and take responsibilty for your decision instead of pedalling this obvious xenophobia.

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Do you understand what the word 'exported' means?

Haha! he doesn't understand the words "Do you understand"

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As you have brought it up yet again I will copy and paste my original answer to see if you can manage an answer this time.

You are tying yourself in knots, I thought they don’t have any vaccine ?

Guess you are not going to tell us why we should worry about the EU not exporting vaccines to us ? Will we need European workers to harvest our Pfizer jabs from the magic Pfizer tree ?

Last week, Italy blocked a shipment of the AstraZeneca Plc’s coronavirus vaccine to Australia, using a recently introduced export-authorization regulation for the first time. But that’s the only export request refused so far, according to the document.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Last week, Italy blocked a shipment of the AstraZeneca Plc’s coronavirus vaccine to Australia, using a recently introduced export-authorization regulation for the first time. But that’s the only export request refused so far, according to the document.

I will try again, Europe don’t have any vaccine, they never invested in vaccine production you and Moy told us. Did you not tell us the truth ?

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

On Wednesday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps accused senior EU politicians of damaging its vaccination program by making “misleading” statements that cast doubt on the Astra shot.

In a round of broadcast interviews, he said fewer British people had taken up the offer of shots in the U.K. after EU officials questioned the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine, a clear reference to remarks from French President Emmanuel Macron, among others. In January, Macron called the shot “quasi-ineffective” for people over 65.

How many times do you need telling to provide a link to the stuff you cut and paste. A shame that yet again you haven't read the article from which it is taken: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-10/eu-exported-25-million-doses-out-of-bloc-8-million-to-u-k.

If you had then you will find your selective quote in no way supports what you claim.

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So now you're saying it's just Italy that has blocked an export and not the EU. Make your mind up dumbo! And read the whole article you have taken this from; it might stop you making a fool of yourself (what am I saying, that's never going to happen!)

Perhaps you would like to comment on this quote taken from the very same article you are quoting from:

The European Union has exported 34 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to other countries, a figure that shines a fresh light on a bitter dispute between world leaders over who has access to the bloc’s vaccine production. With 9.1 million doses, the U.K. was the largest recipient of EU vaccine exports as of March 9, according to a document seen by Bloomberg. Canada was next, receiving 3.9 million and the U.S., the eighth in line, got 954,000.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-10/eu-exported-25-million-doses-out-of-bloc-8-million-to-u-k

Looking forward to your response tweety.

Edited by horsefly

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you lift text from other sources, then have the honesty to put those words into quote] marks (so others know), and it is usual to link to where you took those words from, as in this case

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1408160/covid-vaccine-row-has-uk-blocked-vaccine-export-eu-boris-johnson-EVG

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES  🙄

Except we DON'T.  Now please respond to the quote I just posted above. It proves that you have lied.

Edited by horsefly

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

@Bill is the forum moderator! If only we all posted like him! 🔆

blimey, is no where safe ?

Obsession for Men Calvin Klein cologne - a fragrance for men 1986

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

blimey, is no where safe ?

Obsession for Men Calvin Klein cologne - a fragrance for men 1986

Call it what you like, im just waiting for you to provide proof of the libelous accusation you have made of me. 

But then again you have form for that don't you. 

42 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES  🙄

That’s the second time you have called Mad Moy a liar in a week.

• Confused 1