Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ireland have been band from getting the Astra Oxford jab by the EU ,  petty or what ?  

Do you have a link for this please ? 

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ireland have been band from getting the Astra Oxford jab by the EU ,  petty or what ?  

So are you claiming "Astra Oxford Jab" were an Irish prog rock "band" (sounds a plausible name I just can't remember them)

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Are you being deliberately misleading ? The EU will approve the Oxford vaccine in February as was always the case. 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So deliberately misleading then:

The European Commission said that coronavirus vaccines cannot be delivered before they get regulatory approval.

Today, Micheal Martin told the Dail that an early consignment of the Oxford jab would not be forthcoming.

Although the Taoiseach said the latest COVID-19 vaccine will arrive in Ireland before mid-February.

He said: “We have a much more comprehensive and detailed plan in terms of ramping up then the volume for the next phase, particularly after the authorisation of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which should be on the 29 January with from the EMA and then delivery for their timeline for mid-February.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Shooting themselves in the foot and costing EU people's lives.  Typically awful,  spiteful EU,  and Ireland reaping the rewards of backing EU control.    They reap what they sow and yet again this proves that we made the correct decision to leave.

Brexit means that we will have more of our own home-produced Astra vaccine for our own people.......  we are the winners !!!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1386888/Brexit-news-oxford-vaccine-ireland-micheal-martin-coronavirus-covid19

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

Indeed, because remoaners kept us umbilically attached so we could not leave until we had yet another vote. Blame yourselves...🤗

I'm not sure if that made sense in your head, but it made little sense when you shat the words on here.

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thick ? At least I always believed we would leave the EU where as you got it totally wrong who's thick now ?

Still you, because you were stupid enough to believe it's a good idea. Bill might not be mystic Meg but at least he actually understands how dumb it is. Bet Bill can spell "banned" too.

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Shooting themselves in the foot and costing EU people's lives.  Typically awful,  spiteful EU,  and Ireland reaping the rewards of backing EU control.    They reap what they sow and yet again this proves that we made the correct decision to leave.

Brexit means that we will have more of our own home-produced Astra vaccine for our own people.......  we are the winners !!!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1386888/Brexit-news-oxford-vaccine-ireland-micheal-martin-coronavirus-covid19

You do realise the first batches of Astrozenica Oxford vaccine came from Germany and the the Netherlands to the UK ?

Thought not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Surisingly you failed to get back to me about the percentage of Gibraltarians who voted for Remain in the referendum. Perhaps you've had a power cut, or could it be that the figure of 96% is just too embarrassing for you to admit?

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

You do realise the first batches of Astrozenica Oxford vaccine came from Germany and the the Netherlands to the UK ?

Thought not.

I actually think they are being really sensible waiting for the AstraZeneca paper to be published ( I assume they will get the results before that and they are the extra info they are awaiting ). They will know when they approve the best way to administer it 1/2 dose 1 dose, 3 week second dose, 8 - 12 week second dose, but they will also know wether it is definitely ok against our, the South African and Brazilian variations.

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

Maybe Ireland should go the way of Hungary who have approved the Russian vaccine against EU orders !!!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1387279/EU-news-Hungary-russia-vaccine-sputnik-v-viktor-orban-vladimir-Putin-eu-summit

I guess you will have some guff about my post regards Sputnik. Sputnik will be used in a trial to try and boost the efficacy of Oxford. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/astrazeneca-oxford-russia-s-sputnik-v-to-sign-cooperation-memorandum-11608545170887.html

54 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I actually think they are being really sensible waiting for the AstraZeneca paper to be published ( I assume they will get the results before that and they are the extra info they are awaiting ). They will know when they approve the best way to administer it 1/2 dose 1 dose, 3 week second dose, 8 - 12 week second dose, but they will also know wether it is definitely ok against our, the South African and Brazilian variations.

Meanwhile more thousands die probably unnecessarily in the EU while we are ending our pandemic ....... Who took the correct course ?   Pretty sure it will turn out to be us but only time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

one for mad Moy to watch, it's only two minutes long so he'd need to stop it a few times to let his attention span recover 😛

Respect for him. Not too proud to admit he was hugely misled.

28 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Meanwhile more thousands die probably unnecessarily in the EU while we are ending our pandemic ....... Who took the correct course ?   Pretty sure it will turn out to be us but only time will tell.

You really are struggling with this. The world needs to be vaccinated, I thought you understood GAVI and Covax.

No comments on Sputnik and Russia helping AstraZeneca to improve the Oxford vaccine then ?. I think that’s fantastic news as surely  if the Oxford vaccine can achieve higher efficacy that’s fantastic news. Jenner group and Russia who are funding it both seem to think it’s a fantastic development.

26 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You really are struggling with this. The world needs to be vaccinated, I thought you understood GAVI and Covax.

No comments on Sputnik and Russia helping AstraZeneca to improve the Oxford vaccine then ?. I think that’s fantastic news as surely  if the Oxford vaccine can achieve higher efficacy that’s fantastic news. Jenner group and Russia who are funding it both seem to think it’s a fantastic development.

The virus doesn't respect International borders, races, religion or politics. Neither should the scientists and companies fighting it. It's a global challenge where for once the whole world needs to act. United. Biden has grasped that.

Lastly I do wish PM would not try to judge others by his base gutter selfish standards. If the EU was acting as he infers then it would have been trivial for it to withhold Pfizer (or indeed AZ) for it's own internal emergency use ala Trump. Clearly it didn't. No, the shallow dimwits that try to point score on Brexit on the various authorization processes really do need to take a good long look at themselves in the mirror. It's not a pretty sight.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Fireworks I suspect.

Can’t wait.
Think the Labour person can have a night off with Brandon Lewis, Arleen Foster, the woman from Sinn Fein and a food importer. 

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Can’t wait.
Think the Labour person can have a night off with Brandon Lewis, Arleen Foster, the woman from Sinn Fein and a food importer. 

Yes sympathies for NI. I had a morning of our own customs issues of now disrupted supply chains for odd cases Simplest solution is more 6 figure custom bonds and guarantees where previously the equivalent of a stamp would of sufficed. Put me in a bad mood all day that we have to humour these right Brexit Charlies.

However, the positive is sooner broken sooner fixed and its breaking much faster and harder than I could of predicted.