Jump to content
Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Just to add, the place being interviewed is where I served my apprenticeship. At least Jools finds it funny that he as hurt more revenue generating companies.

You would think Scrounger Jools would be more cautious. The fewer the number of tax-payers, the fewer the number of tax-payers available to pay his staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Herman said:

First they came for the bike makers.....

 

Another to add to the list of damage caused by Brexsh*t. Farmers, road hauliers, bicycle manufacturers, garden nurseries, car makers etc, etc, etc. 

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

What, does no one want cheaper bikes 

It's the quality issue mainly. Which you'd know If you'd bothered to read the article 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read the article, it still means cheaper bikes on the high street 

 If British producers account for no more than 1% of the domestic market, the government will drop the anti-dumping tariff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching your car crash from a safe distance Swindon. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brexsh*t misery continues:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eight-in-10-eu-care-workers-in-uk-wouldn-t-have-been-eligible-under-new-immigration-system-study-finds/ar-BB1aE3fL?ocid=msedgdhp

"A report by the IPPR reveals that almost two thirds of EU nationals working in UK would not have been allowed to come to the country under the post-Brexit immigration system — due to come into force on 1 January — including 80 per cent of social care workers. The think tank said the tougher rules could inhibit recruitment in critical sectors of the economy, in particular the care sector, where they would further exacerbate an existing recruitment crisis."

"Even before the pandemic, there were over 100,000 social care vacancies, but with the government’s proposed salary threshold and “skilled worker” visa stipulations, recruitment will be even harder at this critical time, IPPR said."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Surfer said:

Just watching your car crash from a safe distance Swindon. 

I am watching it from a safer distance. 

You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options 

 

 

You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options 
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Brexsh*t misery continues:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eight-in-10-eu-care-workers-in-uk-wouldn-t-have-been-eligible-under-new-immigration-system-study-finds/ar-BB1aE3fL?ocid=msedgdhp

"A report by the IPPR reveals that almost two thirds of EU nationals working in UK would not have been allowed to come to the country under the post-Brexit immigration system — due to come into force on 1 January — including 80 per cent of social care workers. The think tank said the tougher rules could inhibit recruitment in critical sectors of the economy, in particular the care sector, where they would further exacerbate an existing recruitment crisis."

"Even before the pandemic, there were over 100,000 social care vacancies, but with the government’s proposed salary threshold and “skilled worker” visa stipulations, recruitment will be even harder at this critical time, IPPR said."

Excellent news. Now let's train our own care workers and stop stealing them from other countries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dj11 said:

I am watching it from a safer distance. 

You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options 

 

 

You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options 

No !   😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Excellent news. Now let's train our own care workers and stop stealing them from other countries

Can we train our care workers before we stop the foreign ones coming in?

We all saw what happened in the spring with the agricultural workers 😟

Won't somebody think of the care home owners 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What's happened to our daily "Days to go countdown"?

😁

 Counting backwards is above SWINDO'S  pay scale. After he had used his fingers and toes he was fvcked.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting on the outcome of the US Election then? 

 

Results.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Still waiting on the outcome of the US Election then? 

 

Results.jpg

I cannot imagine what the main stumbling block might be...🤓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the trade talks with the USA should be pretty swiftly concluded:

BORIS: Can we ahave a trade deal please?

JOE: F*ck off diddy Donald. Hey! Kamala get Angela on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What's happened to our daily "Days to go countdown"?

😁

I'm sorry you missed it, I'll put it back if you like, but I think you've got it by now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many remainers said we would struggle to get trade deals ?   When we've now secured agreements with 52 countries 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this old poster and thought it would make a good T shirt print. Yea or Nay?

 

KgboK5qp10.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...