Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

7 hours ago, Jools said:

The EU already had a trade agreement with Japan, Herminge, but the question I'm going to demand you answer is why Britain did hardly any trade with the third-largest economy in the world whilst being members of your beloved EU? 

Gosh that's a real toughie. Let me take out my map and have a look....oh!....

8 hours ago, Jools said:

👍

WOW! truly amazing!! I reckon we will be able to double, nay triple our trade with Japan. That will be an amazing jump from 0.07% of our GDP to a whopping 0.21% of our GDP. Break out the cheddar and stilton guys, the good times have arrived.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Like Japan, we're going to be members of the CPTPP -- They have an economy more than twice the size of the EU --- They have no Commission, no President, no Parliament, no Anthem, no Court and no superfluous flag...

It's simply a free trade club and I can assure you the majority of right-minded folk prefer that over the evil, undemocratic, cultural marxist super state that is the EU.

And before you Remainiacs harp on about the US not being CPTPP members:

Trumpski will win the election and he will sign an FTA with us --- In the highly unlikely event that Sleepy becomes president -- He'll undo everything Trumpski did and join the CPTPP.

Win, win 😎

Oh dear! yet again Fools blunders and spouts absolute bollox:

Fools says,

"They have no Commission"

Reality says, 

"The CPTPP Commission is the decision-making body of the CPTPP, which was established when the CPTPP entered into force on 30 December 2018.[53] Representatives from the 11 CPTPP signatories participated in the first CPTPP Commission meeting in Tokyo on 19 January 2019.

The CPTPP Commission made the following decisions on 19 January 2019:

• A decision about the chairing and administrative arrangements for the commission and special transitional arrangements for 2019;[54]
  • A decision to establish the accession process for interested economies to join the CPTPP;[55] Annex[56]
  • A decision to create rules of procedure and a code of conduct for disputes involving Parties to the;[57] Annex;[58] Annex I[59]
  • A decision to create a code of conduct for investor-State dispute settlement.;[60] Annex[61]* Members of the CPTPP Commission also issued a joint ministerial statement on 19 January 2019.[62]

2nd CPTPP Commission meeting was held on 9 October 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand. Alongside the commission, the following Committees met for the first time in Auckland: Trade in Goods; Rules of Origin; Agricultural Trade; Technical Barriers to Trade; Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures; Small and Medium Sized Enterprises; State Owned Enterprises; Development; Cooperation and Capacity Building; Competitiveness and Business Facilitation; Environment; and the Labour Council. The Commission adopted two formal decisions, (i) on its Rules of Procedure under Article 27.4 and (ii) to establish a Roster of Panel Chairs as provided for under Article 28.11.[63][64]

3ed CPTPP Commission meeting held virtually and hosted by Mexico on 5 August 2020.[65]"

You are trying hard to say the deal with Japan is no good, but it will not work, it's the same deal the EU have plus more=A good deal

Wait until the new year the deals will be rolling in, word is they have 100 more such deals set up. I shall enjoy you saying that each of them are rubbish. 

13 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

This old chestnut has raised its head again 

Credit to Johnson if he gets it agreed....

This I think will be the first time the brexiters will wake up to what they have done. When they have to queue up with the rest of the worlders they may start getting the hump. Although our honest press are already twisting it.

Edited by Herman

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are trying hard to say the deal with Japan is no good, but it will not work, it's the same deal the EU have plus more=A good deal

Wait until the new year the deals will be rolling in, word is they have 100 more such deals set up. I shall enjoy you saying that each of them are rubbish. 

Pay attention numbskull. I didn't say it was no good, I said that even if it tripled our trading with Japan it would amount to 0.21% of UK GDP. Forgive me if, unlike you, I don't wet myself with excitement at such figures. And as for your claim, "word is they have 100 more such deals set up" what's your evidence? Word is that people who use the expression "word is" do so because they haven't got a single piece of evidence supporting the claim they are making. 

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

A table that sets out a list of 19 countries or territories that have rolled over their existing EU trade deals with the EU

First, provide a link numbskull. Second, that's 19 Not 100 (learn to count). Third, see Herman's point above.

The vaunted compromise on agriculture — which the UK had made a priority in the hope of raising sales of value-added exports such as cheese — has less substance than London suggests. Britain failed to secure new so-called tariff rate quotas, which allow EU farmers to sell a limited quantity of sensitive food products to Japan at lower tariffs. The UK can instead use any quota left unfilled by the EU in 10 of 25 products covered by the EU-Japan agreement. Officials insist there are gaps the UK could fill. But the deal puts the UK second to the EU on agricultural exports to Japan — even if, in monetary terms, this is not a vital market.

When it comes to agriculture, seems like Truss has negotiated the crumbs from the EU's table

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you are the  numbskull, just search deals we've done and you will find it, or is that beyond you capability ? 

So where's the reference for this ****? or is it just another cut and paste from the ludicrous Brexsh*tfacts4tw*ts?

FFS you can't even properly read the cr*p that you've posted, it does NOT say that these are deals we have completed, it merely poses the nebulous question, "Which deals are expected to take effect at the end of transition?" It has about as much value as an expectation that you might one day post something that makes any sense and is supported by evidence. We have completed ONE deal, that's it. Show me the evidence for all the other deals we have completed if you claim its beyond my capability. Oh! you can't can you, because we haven't have we. Jesus!

On 23/10/2020 at 10:19, A Load of Squit said:

horsefly explaining something to Swindon.

Deja vu!

On 19/10/2020 at 09:52, dj11 said:

The best comment I see on this thread is the following - You've chosen to ignore content by SwindonCanary. Options

you should all try it, it is so cathartic. 

I'll bump this. 😀

It's working already.

Edited by Herman

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So where's the reference for this ****? or is it just another cut and paste from the ludicrous Brexsh*tfacts4tw*ts?

FFS you can't even properly read the cr*p that you've posted, it does NOT say that these are deals we have completed, it merely poses the nebulous question, "Which deals are expected to take effect at the end of transition?" It has about as much value as an expectation that you might one day post something that makes any sense and is supported by evidence. We have completed ONE deal, that's it. Show me the evidence for all the other deals we have completed if you claim its beyond my capability. Oh! you can't can you, because we haven't have we. Jesus!

numbskull, the deals are all but made, it will not be completed until 2021 I CAN'T WAIT !

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

numbskull, the deals are all but made, it will not be completed until 2021 I CAN'T WAIT !

post the f**king link then you numbskull. Or are you just frightened to admit that what you're referring to are the agreements to run trade relations with the countries concerned on EXACTLY the same terms as when we were in the EU.  FFS you and the RWNJs are so damn gullible. 

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

The vaunted compromise on agriculture — which the UK had made a priority in the hope of raising sales of value-added exports such as cheese — has less substance than London suggests. Britain failed to secure new so-called tariff rate quotas, which allow EU farmers to sell a limited quantity of sensitive food products to Japan at lower tariffs. The UK can instead use any quota left unfilled by the EU in 10 of 25 products covered by the EU-Japan agreement. Officials insist there are gaps the UK could fill. But the deal puts the UK second to the EU on agricultural exports to Japan — even if, in monetary terms, this is not a vital market.

When it comes to agriculture, seems like Truss has negotiated the crumbs from the EU's table

A very good example BF. What the RWNJs consistently ignore is that our trade negotiations with other nations is from an inevitably weak position when compared to the EU. The very simple fact is that our market potential rests on a population of 70 million, the EUs 500 million. You really don't have to be an economist to work out which market offers most potential and therefore takes priority in the eyes of other nations. Just as your example taken from the Japanese deal eloquently demonstrates.

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

numbskull, you think I'm going to post the link when you can't even be bothered to look for it ?  Lazy or what ?

You really are such a prize tw*t. Everyone can see you know this is a pile of Brexsh*te and you are too embarrased to provide the link. It is the responsibility of the poster to provide links to the "evidence" they are using, or can't you even manage to follow that convention?

Edited by horsefly

55 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You really are such a prize tw*t. Everyone can see you know this is a pile of Brexsh*te and you are too embarrased to provide the link. It is the responsibility of the poster to provide links to the "evidence" they are using, or can't you even manage to follow that convention?

numbskull,  I believe you have not even searched for it, I'll give you a link when you've proved you've searched for it or do you no want to put that sort of search into your computer ?

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

numbskull,  I believe you have not even searched for it, I'll give you a link when you've proved you've searched for it or do you no want to put that sort of search into your computer ?

You are a pointless piece of crud. I am going to take the advice of others and ignore your mentally retarded posts

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, BigFish said:

For me too @Herman!

I've joined the clan. I've reached the end of the road playing father Ted to fathead Dougal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

So it looks like you don't want to show you've searched for it.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So it looks like you don't want to show you've searched for it.

are you having to quote yourself cos everyone´s blocked you?

I´ll still talk to you 😘

google search for "uk 100 trade deals set up"

erm, I´m not seeing much there, at least not on page 1?

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

I've always wondered if Swindon was really a 'Remainer' double agent playing a Brexiteer fool for laughs. A bit like Alan Partridge. Its the only explanation I can think of.

Give-aways are posting up links that supposedly support his view that actually flatly contradict. Perhaps he is Steve Coogan or even Bill ?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I don´t see any mention of 100 deals?

just the 19 existing deals that have been rolled over, as was pointed out further up the page

How many countries are there to do trade deals with ?

Edited by SwindonCanary