Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

So do you disagree with anything in the letter ?

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Doesn't address NI, Fishing, Level Playing Field, State Aid..........

If you tried reading and understanding @SwindonCanary this would go much quicker. I will explain THE LETTER DOES NOT ADDRESS ANY OF THE KEY ISSUES. In effect it was worthless, it has been discussed and did not move negotiations forward. It is no longer valid, it is an ex-letter, it had ceased to be, it has joined the choir invisible.

Frost needs to pull his finger out and explain where the EU/UK border will be regarding NI, what State Aid rules the UK want, what mechanism the UK wants on managing changes in standards & what the is fishery plan that the UK wants. NONE OF THIS IS IN THE LETTER.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Actually SC she gave-away nothing, signed nothing, agreed nothing.

That current problems - the WA are all of your own making and your hero Johnson. Now grow a pair and own them.

Precisely. She said that no PM would agree to this WA and Johnson decided he would and signed it, ratified it and won an election with it. 

If brexiters did the details they would not have to keep digging themselves out of the holes they put themselves in. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Precisely. She said that no PM would agree to this WA and Johnson decided he would and signed it, ratified it and won an election with it. 

If brexiters did the details they would not have to keep digging themselves out of the holes they put themselves in. 

Trouble is the Brexiteers never do their homework or listen to anybody knowledgeable. They didn't shore up the hole they dug and now it's collapsed on them, burying them alive.

Now they want somebody i.e. the EU to help dig them out......

That's a hard one....

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BigFish said:

If you tried reading and understanding @SwindonCanary this would go much quicker. I will explain THE LETTER DOES NOT ADDRESS ANY OF THE KEY ISSUES. In effect it was worthless, it has been discussed and did not move negotiations forward. It is no longer valid, it is an ex-letter, it had ceased to be, it has joined the choir invisible.

Frost needs to pull his finger out and explain where the EU/UK border will be regarding NI, what State Aid rules the UK want, what mechanism the UK wants on managing changes in standards & what the is fishery plan that the UK wants. NONE OF THIS IS IN THE LETTER.

He writes at the start of it 

We are making the texts public as a constructive contribution to the negotiations, and in particular as a response to your suggestions in the last two Rounds that it would help you explain our proposals in more detail to Member States. We are very clear that we are not seeking to negotiate directly with Member States and that it is for you, as the EU’s negotiator, to manage any differences of perspective that may emerge. I hope that today’s publication will facilitate that work and clear up any misunderstandings about the purpose and effect of what we have put to you. I would like to make three specific points that may help in that process

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

He writes at the start of it 

We are making the texts public as a constructive contribution to the negotiations, and in particular as a response to your suggestions in the last two Rounds that it would help you explain our proposals in more detail to Member States. We are very clear that we are not seeking to negotiate directly with Member States and that it is for you, as the EU’s negotiator, to manage any differences of perspective that may emerge. I hope that today’s publication will facilitate that work and clear up any misunderstandings about the purpose and effect of what we have put to you. I would like to make three specific points that may help in that process

So what.

Did this answer any of the unanswered questions?

Frost seems under the impression that Barnier is some how keeping the UK position from the EU member states. I will let you into a secret, they speak English, they follow the UK press, they know Johnson for what he is, an incompetent, lazy, liar who cannot be trusted.

They, and we, are still waiting for the UK negotiating team to say what they want, rather than what they don't want.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Surfer said:

This all sounds very positive.  Failure of the EU to plan indeed. 😄

Read this thread  - https://twitter.com/Joe_Mayes/status/1308448260747669504

Disruption.jpg

But when warned of possible delays at the borders, the brexiteers said it was project fear and quoted stories from port officials in France saying they were ready

Another change of story!

Who'd have thought it would be the Daily Star that would be the paper to hold the government to account? 

Failing Grayling, just got a £100k deal advising ports, be afraid everyone, be afraid.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-grayling-seaborne-freight-ferries_uk_5f6a276dc5b68400a231dc3f?ncid=other_twitter_cooo9wqtham&utm_campaign=share_twitter&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL2ZRYkFBQnJYd0k_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAC2I8xXuy1aX66ToN9Y3v5h7EGG8AISQa-j0qt5yVtWCX5w7c2J2nrXk9DHRx6d0SVxMvtRpnmyQ_6avuesW35sFuuL25y6L6VPumB7VHJEp4LlCn760cIzyBFpH9jixSCoBUOL4t4v6cXwq5N0chMj-rXMrtkgdc4Asb9OB-COI

Brexit Ferry Firm Hired By Chris Grayling Despite Having No Ships Goes Bust, Owing £2m

Seaborne Freight was infamously given a £13.8m contract to run ferry services by the then-transport secretary.

And now we have Gove in the House saying up to 60% of trucks from the UK to France may be held up or turned back because companies have not properly prepared for the new customs paperwork created by Brexit, when the government hasn’t yet actually told those companies what specifically they need to be ready for ..... 

...... and now the mandatory Kent Access Pass all trucks will require to proceed to a port will be enforced by the Police? Does that not sound like an internal border?  Swindon? 

Edited by Surfer

Kent  - The Garden Lorry Park of England

Kent - God's Brexiteers  home forsaken county.

Well they knew what they were voting for. 😉

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Kent  - The Garden Lorry Park of England

Kent - God's Brexiteers  home forsaken county.

Well they knew what they were voting for. 😉

#Kexit is trending on twitter.🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

#Kexit is trending on twitter.🤣

Kexit - Kentonline

Anyone here from Kent? Work or travel to  Kent regularly?

I lived near Maidstone for 9 years, Wadhurst (just over the "border") for 5 years  and near Sevenoaks  for 4 years

The company I worked for is based in Aylesford, I regularly had jobs in Ashford and Dover

If I  ever return to the UK, Kent is where I have my  business contacts and where I would have thought my best opportunity of work was

If any of this travel disruption comes to pass, it would have screwed me royally had I still been  there 

We  need an FTA, the one we were told was the easiest deal in history 

Tick Tock 

just look at that, Labour are now less popular than when Corbyn was in charge !  A Mori poll after Starmer's latest speech has Labour 11% lower than when Corbyn was in charge. 

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

just look at that, Labour are now less popular than when Corbyn was in charge !  A Mori poll after Starmer's latest speech has Labour 11% lower than when Corbyn was in charge. 

Got anymore straws to grasp at?

The number is also higher than at the height of ‘Corbynmania’ when the left-wing leader polled at 46 percent.

Sir Keir also ranked highly against his opposite number Boris Johnson in a number of attributes, but was found wanting in others.

The poll found 44 percent thought Sir Keir is a capable leader compared to 37 percent for the Prime Minister, 43 percent thought he had a sound judgement compared to 30 percent for Mr Johnson, and 36 percent believed Sir Keir is more honest than most politicians, with Mr Johnson trailing on 27 percent.

However, Sir Keir came up short in other categories, 68 percent said Mr Johnson is patriotic compared to 43 percent, and on having a lot of personality Mr Johnson ranked at 67 percent compared to 25 percent for Sir Keir.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1338776/keir-starmer-news-labour-party-conference-poll-Jeremy-corbyn-boris-Johnson

All you lot are saying what will happen if there's a no deal, give it a rest, there will be a dealThe EU are running scared of going WTO Terms because that would expose them to International Courts and Arbitrations. They don't like it. The US took them to WTO Arbitration and won. 99% of the time, anyone who takes the EU to the WTO Arbitration wins there's no way the EU will leave without a deal. 

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do tell us what this has to do with the utter F***up of the current Brexsh*t negotiations. You wouldn't be trying to distract attention from that by any chance

• Haha 1