Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'M GUESSING YOU DID NOT WATCH IT. Maybe if you did, you would not be so left wing.

And also did not read the North east News, if you turn a blind eye to everything you will never learn.

@SwindonCanary Nissan are looking to make cuts at the Sunderland plant rather than grow it. They are also on record as saying that the production allocation will not be made until after July 1st, coincidently after the dealine for the UK to ask for a transition period. In the past they are said that the plant is unsustainable if the UK leaves with no deal.

It is clear that the Sunderland plant is at a dangerous juncture. If there is a zero tariff deal there will be some cuts but it is unlikely the French government will tolerate Renault production there. If there is no deal there are two options. First, Nissan will close the plant. Second, the UK government provides billions of pounds of financial support and/or pay the increased tariff costs.

6 hours ago, Herman said:

Oh FFS! Darren Grimes interviews Julia Hartley Brewer. I'm off to stick my arm in a mangle.

If Swindo's posted an image of a woman, is he trying to claim it's his girlfriend again?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Another left winger !

Another person telling the truth.

It's important to point this out to you as you don't seem to know what the truth is.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Unlike you, I don't follow the untruths of the media. I follow both sides of the debate and make my own mind up.

If that's how you've managed to become so stupid you need to re-think your plan. 🤣

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If that's how you've managed to become so stupid you need to re-think your plan. 🤣

This is what Churchill reccomended for SWINDO mate. Forget the oversight bollix at the bottom.

By Sir Martin Gilbert CBE

Abstract: When he was Home Secretary (February 1910-October 1911) Churchill was in favor of the confinement, segregation, and sterilization of a class of persons contemporarily described as the “feeble minded.” The most significant letter Churchill wrote in support of eugenics was not, however, deliberately left out of the official biography by Randolph Churchill for reasons of embarrassment, but simply through oversight. -Ted Hutchinson

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's people like you that are out of the majority, think about it .

Ok, we can add delusional to stupid.

just think you want us to stay in the EU yet look at the Election result, bet you didn't vote for Boris. you are out of the majority

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

just think you want us to stay in the EU yet look at the Election result, bet you didn't vote for Boris. you are out of the majority

Neither of those things is an excuse for your stupidity.

How about the 'unpublished EU accounts'?

The Instagram girlfriend?

The calling for an immigration system you don't understand?

Claiming that 'Germany changed the rules' when they didn't?

All of this is stupid and it's not the full list. 🤣

How about the 'unpublished EU accounts'?  The EU have never given full accounts if so prove me wrong by showing them

The Instagram girlfriend?  I've explained why I put it put loads of time to you, but it never gets though your skull.

The calling for an immigration system you don't understand? I fully understand the immigration system, it's clearly not working

Claiming that 'Germany changed the rules' when they didn't? I've never mentioned that, i always mention the EU !

All of this is stupid and it's not the full list. NONE IS CLEARLY STUPID, IT'S YOU THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND.

Edited by SwindonCanary

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Claiming that 'Germany changed the rules' when they didn't? I've never mentioned that, i always mention the EU !

i was pointing out about the open borders of the EU !

Boris and team pushing on toward their cherished non-deal Brexit - you know the one that nobody voted for ..... ? 

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

How about the 'unpublished EU accounts'?  The EU have never given full accounts if so prove me wrong by showing them

That is incredibly stupid - even coming from you

It is clear that you do not understand what the lie even relates to - that is the accounts being audited, not published.

And so you do not even know you are spreading lies - because you do not understand what you are repeating. You simply bleat it out, as if it had been written on the side of a barn wall.

However your obvious ignorance does not mitigate the harm your lies cause - and so the best decent folk can do is challenge those lies and rebut them with evidence, In that light I offer the evidence below

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

and don't expect this idiot to be able to reply, on the simple basis that he is too thick to understand reasoned explanation

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Did you notice that we are the only country in Europe without open borders yet have the highest death rate. Why would that be? 

6 hours ago, Bill said:

That is incredibly stupid - even coming from you

It is clear that you do not understand what the lie even relates to - that is the accounts being audited, not published.

And so you do not even know you are spreading lies - because you do not understand what you are repeating. You simply bleat it out, as if it had been written on the side of a barn wall.

However your obvious ignorance does not mitigate the harm your lies cause - and so the best decent folk can do is challenge those lies and rebut them with evidence, In that light I offer the evidence below

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

and don't expect this idiot to be able to reply, on the simple basis that he is too thick to understand reasoned explanation

WOW ! It's Billy back on this tread !  Would you like to apologize for all the times I wrote we would leave the EU ?  The EU budget has been signed off but their are times when it has trouble getting that.  Auditors says there are errors, but these aren’t a measure of fraud or waste.

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Did you notice that we are the only country in Europe without open borders yet have the highest death rate. Why would that be? 

Density of this country !

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And you SWINDO.. are the densest person in it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong yet again - the Netherlands is far more densely populated than the UK yet has fared far better; Germany is only slightly less densely populated than the UK and as we all know has coped far, far better the UK.

And if we look at the next two European countries which suffered most, Italy and Spain, then they are way down (viz Spain) the European league of population density.

Looking outside Europe to South East Asia where some of the most successful countries in tackling the virus are also incredibly densely populated.

So I'm afraid linking a high death rate to population density just won't fly.

Try correlating high death rates to incompetent governance - that seems to work.

Try correlating right wing populist governments to high death rates - that seems to work pretty well also (Poland may be an exception if their figures are to be believed which I'm not sure they are, but they certainly got the early lock down right).

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Wrong yet again - the Netherlands is far more densely populated than the UK yet has fared far better; Germany is only slightly less densely populated than the UK and as we all know has coped far, far better the UK.

And if we look at the next two European countries which suffered most, Italy and Spain, then they are way down (viz Spain) the European league of population density.

Looking outside Europe to South East Asia where some of the most successful countries in tackling the virus are also incredibly densely populated.

So I'm afraid linking a high death rate to population density just won't fly.

Try correlating high death rates to incompetent governance - that seems to work.

Try correlating right wing populist governments to high death rates - that seems to work pretty well also (Poland may be an exception if their figures are to be believed which I'm not sure they are, but they certainly got the early lock down right).

https://www.worldometers.info/population/countries-in-europe-by-population/

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

that link shows that both The Netherlands and Belgium are more densely populated than the UK!

I´m not entirely sure it is correct, and there seems to be different ways of interpreting the area of a country, for example, whether internal waters should be included

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

France closed it´s borders (or at least did it´s best to) in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks

Denmark and Sweden imposed border controls during the migrant crisis a few years back 

The Schengen Area works very well in normal times, IMO, but in times of emergency a nation can introduce controls

5 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

France closed it´s borders (or at least did it´s best to) in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks

Denmark and Sweden imposed border controls during the migrant crisis a few years back 

The Schengen Area works very well in normal times, IMO, but in times of emergency a nation can introduce controls

agree, apart for the 'works very well in normal times, IMO',  It allows all sorts of criminals to travel around Europe

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

agree, apart for the 'works very well in normal times, IMO',  It allows all sorts of criminals to travel around Europe

That's no way to describe the Nigel Farage party. 

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

A reasonable point

However, is it not better to allow the vast majority of law abiding travellers the right to cross borders rather than impose controls due to a small minority of criminals? I think something people in the UK lose sight of is how the border communities of European nations rely on cross border travel. Gibraltar/Spain, Basel, Belgium/Holland (I think they had a travel agreement prior to Schengen?), Copenhagen/Malmo and people in many more areas all need to be able to move freely. 

Cross border criminals need to be managed in the same manner that they are internally. Maybe that´s an area the EU needs to improve on

Of course, The UK was never in Schengen, and always had some control over the people entering

2 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

And you SWINDO.. are the densest person in it.

Even black holes are jealous of how dense Swindo is. 🤣

Apples