Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Kent. Overwhelmingly Brexit. 

Sympathy level. Zero. 

.. and it is not due to Brexit as Brexit has not happened yet, so more lies by remoaners.

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

This is assuming that no crimes were committed by foreigners before freedom of movement.

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy.

And ignores the fact that it was incompetence on the part of the UK police that put our and other EU citizens' security at risk.

The EU has systems to ensure that freedom of movement doesn't make life simpler for criminals to move around and leave the local police in the dark - the other 27 all manage to operate the system effectively why, once again, is the UK so inept as to be the exception.

This isn't the fault of the EU or freedom of movement, it is the fact that the UK is incompetently governed and run by UK institutions - in this particular case the police.

The same police (and the same Home Office) that apparently are unable to distinguish between XR protesters and terrorists, or coloured people who are British citizens and those that aren't - so no real surprise to find out that they've f*cked up yet again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

Kent. Overwhelmingly Brexit. 

Sympathy level. Zero. 

At least they have the satisfaction of getting what they voted for.

I don't know if my impression is wrong but nevertheless it seems to me that since Brexit became all but certain at the end of this month the Remainers have been fairly calm (although resigned to it might be better way of putting it) wheareas the Leavers who you'd expect to be pretty chipper are still getting angrier and more miserable about the whole thing.

Can't really work out why unless they're finally beginning to realise how flakey the Liar and his government really are.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Can't really work out why unless they're finally beginning to realise how flakey the Liar and his government really are.

The much anticipated Unicorns turned out to be mangy Shetland Ponies with pointy party hats strapped to their heads. 😂

Apples

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, paul moy said:

Brexit has cost us nothing as we have not left yet. What has cost us billions is the dithering and delay caused by remoaners intent on thwarting the democratic vote. 

Ah bless @paul moy, this is all a bit beyond you, isn't it? Companies have been uncertain on what is happening and what the situation will be in 2021 so have reduced investment, diverted it to other countries with a known future or stopped investing altogether. As a result companies that would supply the goods and services for that investment have lower incomes and pay less tax so the government has  a larger deficit. The lack of investment means that the country is less productive and less competitive. That is why GDP growth in the UK has virtually ended.

All down to Brexit.

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

wheareas the Leavers who you'd expect to be pretty chipper are still getting angrier and more miserable about the whole thing.

Can't really work out why unless they're finally beginning to realise how flakey the Liar and his government really are.”

I don’t see that at all, certainly the main theme of this thread is abuse being thrown around by remainers,  most leavers I suspect sit on the sideline happy that things are moving on.

As for the government they seem to be getting off to a good start, as I had said previously Johnson is far more Liberal than many on here are prepared to accept, not fitting their agenda of RWNJ and all that 😀

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Weather Forecast: Expect rain for the next twenty-four hours

Everybody: Must remember to take my umbrella today

Herman: F**** Brexit

It hasn't stopped raining since Johnson took over. Maybe God is trying to warn us. 

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

It hasn't stopped raining since Johnson took over. Maybe God is trying to warn us. 

Spring will soon be here

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Hopefully the ditches will keep filling up for when Boris finally throws himself in one. :classic_biggrin:

Apples

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

are you writing in English ?

Swindo wins the inaugural ‘Ironic post of the day award’

Well done mate 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🏆 🏆🏆

1 minute ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Swindon wins the inaugural ‘Ironic post of the day award’

Well done mate 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🏆🏆🏆

Thank you 😉

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

34 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

C'mon Herman, surely every season can only now be summer in BoJo's Brave New Britain?😉🤣

Apples

Britain will be like the original version of Worzel Gummidge. 🤣

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wishful thinking ! Never happen.

The EU owns the jet and gulf streams so they will divert them if we don't pay up. 

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

The EU owns the jet and gulf streams so they will divert them if we don't pay up. 

As long as it's diverted above us ,that would be great for the summer, or is it Global warming ?

4 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

At least they have the satisfaction of getting what they voted for.

I don't know if my impression is wrong but nevertheless it seems to me that since Brexit became all but certain at the end of this month the Remainers have been fairly calm (although resigned to it might be better way of putting it) wheareas the Leavers who you'd expect to be pretty chipper are still getting angrier and more miserable about the whole thing.

Do you think it has dawned on them that they have run out of scapegoats now? They can't blame the EU for shoddy domestic policies. They can't blame Eastern European immigrants because they aren't coming anymore. They can't blame Labour for the state of the economy. They can't blame remainers because we're out of it. They can't blame rebel MPs because they've all gone. Maybe now the focus is on their decisions they're simply a bit nervous.😀

3 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Hopefully the ditches will keep filling up for when Boris finally throws himself in one. :classic_biggrin:

Apples

Oooh Not bad...

3 hours ago, Herman said:

I've got an Ark you can rent. If you don't mind sharing it with a prawn.

18 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I've got an Ark you can rent. If you don't mind sharing it with a prawn.

He’s collecting loads of men in his boat, Herman. I’d watch out if I were you, he’s a very naughty boy.

39 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

He’s collecting loads of men in his boat, Herman. I’d watch out if I were you, he’s a very naughty boy.

He's going to turn his ark into a trawler.😀

https://youtu.be/l5aZJBLAu1E

Now he really has the boat rocking. Dirty little toe rag.

mfoeHAy.gif

Edited by SHRIMPER
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Van wink said:

Selective editing at its best, I doff my cap. 

Try this then

Chickens home to roost

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/01/14/fears-grow-vauxhalls-uk-car-plant-work-shifted-germany/

Edited by Yellow Fever

Nandy begins to look like a very good candidate for the leadership election. That will probably rule her out.