Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I'm sure there will be some kind of effort PC. Hasn't some high up legal person tried to get the election result overturned recently?

The heart has overuled the head in Britain. Instead of people using their brains and studying things properly they have based the country's future on meaningless soundbites and headline reading. Nothing has been properly planned and it is all linked to how good something sounds rather than if it works or not.

As Purple states what comes next is all down to you brexiters now. Let's see if "Get Brexit Done" works politically or if it was one soundbite too far. And we know you don't like to, but keep an eye on the details.

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes it's always been more than just Brexit. The past few years has been a battle for the soul of the nation. And if you want to describe it in global terms, it is a battle of ideologies. 

For want of a better description, the woke progressives have been getting far ahead of themselves and it's been us regular folk who have bring sanity back into society. 

Proud that it is my country and my people who are leading the way globally to counter the progressive nut jobs. It shows how strong democracy is here when it can withstand all the metrollectual attacks and still come out on top. 

Always felt we could act as a beacon to the rest of the world and now we need to set to work on destroying the EU and start offering an alternative Europe to other nations. 

On 13 December you said this:

So you have a choice. To get onboard this project and start to make this country great again or you can f off elsewhere. I'm sure the EU will welcome you with open arms. The rest of us are done with you. 

I'd quite like to live in Italy or Spain. Just be happy that you've ruined this country for the 16,141,241 of us that voted to remain in the EU. Don't go sticking your nose where it's not wanted.

Ron

"It's a sort of Holy War for some of them. Quite a few appear to be on this site."

You're right there Ron, there is still a lot of misplaced arrogance, and a blanket unwillingness to accept that there are some very very nasty people at their core.

•  

It’s an absolute tragedy that racism in English football has been rearing it’s ugly head more and more recently.

I wonder what caused some people to think these views were acceptable?

10 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

It´s not our position to destroy the EU - we won´t be part of it. If the member countries of that organization feels that it isn´t working for them it´s up to those countries to sort it out. We can assist and advise them, if they like, but it needs to be their decision

What we can do is offer a better, more democratic, version of Europe of independent nations voluntarily working together without this corrupt behemoth sucking the lifeblood out of our souls. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

On 13 December you said this:

So you have a choice. To get onboard this project and start to make this country great again or you can f off elsewhere. I'm sure the EU will welcome you with open arms. The rest of us are done with you. 

I'd quite like to live in Italy or Spain. Just be happy that you've ruined this country for the 16,141,241 of us that voted to remain in the EU. Don't go sticking your nose where it's not wanted.

There's still time for you to go. Don't let me stop you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

What we can do is offer a better, more democratic, version of Europe of independent nations voluntarily working together without this corrupt behemoth sucking the lifeblood out of our souls. 

In which way did the EU damage your soul? 

(try responding without your right wing bingo lingo)

PS have you tried therapy for your anger issues or have you always been a bitter and hateful saddo?

Edited by Hoola Han Solo
  • Like 1

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

You are pretty soulless anyway as you have proved over the last few years. The nasty side of Britain that has been invigorated by brexit and now Johnson. Hopefully the rest of Europe can see what you and your friends will offer, and after living through it before, will reject anything that you come out with.

Hopefully what you are doing to this once fine country will be a warning to others.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

You are pretty soulless anyway as you have proved over the last few years. The nasty side of Britain that has been invigorated by brexit and now Johnson. Hopefully the rest of Europe can see what you and your friends will offer, and after living through it before, will reject anything that you come out with.

Hopefully what you are doing to this once fine country will be a warning to others.

So all those northern voters who made up the red wall are nasty people, are they? Because it is former Labour voters that gave Boris his landslide victory. 

I well understood how the metrollectual loathed the working class but I'm a little surprised that people like you, Herman, feel the same way. 

10 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

So all those northern voters who made up the red wall are nasty people, are they? Because it is former Labour voters that gave Boris his landslide victory. 

I well understood how the metrollectual loathed the working class but I'm a little surprised that people like you, Herman, feel the same way. 

I am talking about you and you only.

And WTF is a metrolectual?

24 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I'm sure there will be some kind of effort PC. Hasn't some high up legal person tried to get the election result overturned recently?

There might be the odd crazy protest but no, there will not be any serious Remain fight against Brexit. The Leave side won. It is entirely their responsibility now to try to make it work. And in the event of a failure to fulfil all those glorious promises any attempt to shift the blame onto Remainers will be seen for the lie it will be.

Myself I would have thought Leavers, rather than going over old ground and looking for potential excuses, would now be deliriously happy just to get on with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to remake the UK's future, given how all the political and legal obstacles to unfettered action have been removed.

• Like 2

? I honestly think it's remainers who keep this thread going PC. Personally I kept hoping it would die a death ages ago. If remainers stopped posting I certainly would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s an absolute tragedy that racism in English football has been rearing it’s ugly head more and more recently.

I wonder what caused some people to think these views were acceptable?

"Anti-Semitic graffiti has been daubed on a synagogue and several shops in north London during the Jewish festival of Hanukkah."

Its a sad reflection Hoola

40 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

? I honestly think it's remainers who keep this thread going PC. Personally I kept hoping it would die a death ages ago. If remainers stopped posting I certainly would.

We're only just reaching the end of phase 1 (the 'easy' phase) there's still a long way to go.

52 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There might be the odd crazy protest but no, there will not be any serious Remain fight against Brexit. The Leave side won. It is entirely their responsibility now to try to make it work. And in the event of a failure to fulfil all those glorious promises any attempt to shift the blame onto Remainers will be seen for the lie it will be.

Myself I would have thought Leavers, rather than going over old ground and looking for potential excuses, would now be deliriously happy just to get on with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to remake the UK's future, given how all the political and legal obstacles to unfettered action have been removed.

They are still not getting it @PurpleCanary........

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

You weren't talking about posters here arguing this and that, which will carry on, since although Brexit will happen what kind of Brexit is still to be decided. You were saying  there would be anti-Brexit  concerted action, presumably nationally, by Remainers:

It will be interesting to see what tactics the remain side use in the coming months. It's a sort of Holy War for some of them. Quite a few appear to be on this site.

That there will not be. The Remain side is essentially powerless to do anything to influence what kind of Brexit there is. That is up to the EU and the Johnson government, which has a large enough majority not to worry about what the various pro-Brexit factions want, so it will hardly take account of Remainers.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The EU are going to get blamed for a lot of things over the next year but this thread hopefully explains that this is exactly what brexiters voted for.

"No, the EU is not going to put up barriers to data exchange with the UK, or block City access to the EU. Brexit does both those things automatically.

Brexit destroys the legal framework that made such things possible in the first place. The UK, not the EU, is responsible for this and it is irritating to see the EU being accused of threatening to do things that Brexit does automatically.

Of course, it’s possible that the UK and EU will in time agree on a shared regulatory framework that will make data transfers, passporting and all the rest possible once more. Will the UK want to take that step and accept all the obligations that will go along with it? Its call.

It would be helpful if journalism recognized that Brexit per se leads to a WTO relationship and nothing more. That is the default now, not the status quo. Any negotiations will be starting from a WTO default and seeing if anything more can be mutually agreed.

They’ll not be starting from the current, EU membership status quo and subtracting things from that. Which is why claiming that the EU is threatening to withhold this or that are misleading. We’re starting with nothing & seeing if we can add to that, not starting from everything.

And you’d have to say that thus far any reluctance to have a deeper-than-WTO relationship has been more evident on the UK side that in the EU side. To put it mildly. So we will see what HMG decides to do in 2020.

But since we’ll be starting from WTO, the first question will not be “will the City lose access to the EU SM”. It’ll be “can we agree on a zero tariff zero quota deal”, which is a minimal ambition but also a far from certain outcome given the level playing field requirements."

https://twitter.com/kevinhorourke

On the subject of the Single Market, I present to you a 'Facts4EU.org' one-page factsheet:

https://facts4eu.org/static/media/factsheet_5_single_market_v07.pdf

The information in the above pdf file comes from the EU Commission and the ONS, and as such is incontrovertible 😎

THE SINGLE MARKET DOESN’T WORK FOR THE UK .

Oh, and 85% of goods sales to EU come from countries with no deal:

Latest EU report shows majority of non-EU world trades with EU without any ‘deal’

200_countries.jpg

A quick Brexit Facts4EU.Org summary of what we can look forward to next year

The news in 2020 will be dominated by UK trade talks with the EU, once the “Withdrawal Agreement” becomes an international treaty on 01 February 2020.

Despite the UK having voted to leave the European Union in June 2016, the EU Commission will not be ready to discuss ongoing trade until March next year. That’s three years and nine months of the EU refusing to start engaging in trade talks with the United Kingdom – its second-largest goods export market.

Brexit Facts4EU.Org Summary

Here is a quick trade perspective at Christmas, to remember in 2020

• 72% of goods sales into the EU come from countries with no EU trade deal
  • This becomes 85% after excluding Norway, Switzerland, and Turkey
  • (These countries have close ties to the EU - Customs Union and/or Single Market)

The above are summary figures researched from the EU’s 2019 report on the implementation of EU free trade agreements.

Furthermore, the UK is the EU27’s 2nd-largest market for goods

Observations

We suspect that no-one wants to read a detailed report on trade figures at Christmas. Regular readers will know that we have published many detailed and well-researched pieces on this subject this year.

Nevertheless, we thought a quick summary might be digestible. 85% of sales into the EU come from countries without either a trade deal or Single Market and Customs Union membership. This is according to the EU Commission in its trade report published in October.

When the EU is finally ready to discuss trade with the UK in March next year (2020), we sincerely hope that UK negotiators will walk into the room with the right attitude.

[ Sources: EU Commission Trade Directorate | Eurostat - official EU statistics agency ] Politicians and journalists can contact us for details, as ever.

Brexit Facts4EU.Org, 27 Dec 2019

Excellent industrial news announced this month and completely ignored by the EU fanatic fraudcasters:

Aston Martin: New factory, 750 jobs
BAE Systems: 800 apprentices announced.
Hitachi Rail: £350m contract
Kimberly-Clark: £85m investment in Cumbria.
MEG: New factory, 163 jobs in South Derbyshire
RB: £200m investment, 200 jobs
Oyster Yachts: 150 new jobs
Dowty Propellers: New factory
Amazon: 1000 jobs in Darlington
Knorr-Bremse Rail: 300 apprentice places announced in Birmingham.
Fintech hub in Warrington: 277 IT jobs

27 minutes ago, Jools said:

Excellent industrial news announced this month and completely ignored by the EU fanatic fraudcasters:

Aston Martin: New factory, 750 jobs

Assuming this is the factory in South Wales, it's been reported in the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation and Grauniad 

I haven't googled the rest, I would be surprised if they haven't been reported also

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

That would be good. I think we need to consolidate our own position out of the EU first, then we could offer our proposals for an alternative to the existing EU, whatever that might be....whether it is of interest to them is, of course, up to them 

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Always felt we could act as a beacon to the rest of the world and now we need to set to work on destroying the EU and start offering an alternative Europe to other nations. 

We are a 'beacon' around the world only in the sense of being a laughing stock and an example not to be followed.

There is no chance of us destroying the EU, not least because we are going to be fully occupied by the break-up of the UK.

You might not have noticed because you appear to be totally delusional about the true nature of the EU but Brexit has produced a far greater unity amongst the remaining EU27 than previously existed. After 31/01 the UK will become a third country as far as the EU27 is concerned and its once considerable influence within the EU will disappear completely - Brexit will strenghten the EU in two major ways; firstly it will remove an influential dissident who had been granted special priviledges (i.e. the opt outs but still with all the benefits) resulting in a more unified EU, and secondly it provides a vivid case study in the economic and political benefits of EU membership and the damage/costs of exitting.

Yes, there will be an economic hit to the EU as well but in the overall scheme of things it will be small and spread across 27 different countries. Even to the big economies such as Germany the pain will be far less than the US/China trade war is causing them. They will go their own way whilst the UK continues to fight over its future direction and to sub-divide into the individual nations (who will end up back inside the EU although England is clearly going to take much longer than the other three to get there).

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Verhofstadt cranking up the military rhetoric yet again. There's not a day goes by without this guy wanting to start a war

Do you actually read let alone understand what you post? Just asking as it's not obvious as the above tweet shows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Do you actually read let alone understand what you post? Just asking as it's not obvious as the above tweet shows.

It wasn't just me that read that as the complete opposite of what RTB is alleging.

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It wasn't just me that read that as the complete opposite of what RTB is alleging.

Yes. This is really just another example of the idiocy (I know no other word for it) of RTB trying to discredit the EU and completely shooting himself in both feet hands and head all at once. It's in the same league as his American girlfriend mishap. I'm surprised the competent Brexiters haven't managed to gag him yet.