Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

You really ought to consider what you post. I had already posted, which you probably didn't read, the report that said that Boris was lying about the Crowns on the glasses. 

Even if you wish to continue to believe his lies, the polls are indicating that many are fed up with them.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Less trade with the EU the better 

I know the bar is set high, but this is quite possibly Swindo's most stupid post ever.......unless anyone else knows better?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Less trade with the EU the better 

So Johnson and Farage said there would be the same trade as the EU need us more than we need them. Clearly yet another lie they spun to cheat our vote.

Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Your ridiculous posts have no end

Perhaps we could export SC abroad - but I doubt we'd be able to get him UKCA let alone CE, CCC, FCC or whatever qualified. Who'd take the risk to sign him off as meeting any minimum standards?

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Perhaps we could export SC abroad - but I doubt we'd be able to get him UKCA let alone CE, CCC, FCC or whatever qualified. Who'd take the risk to sign him off as meeting any minimum standards?

Surely the UK's international reputation has taken enough of a battering already

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

the rest of the world 

We always did

No the EU did it for you 

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

I know the bar is set high, but this is quite possibly Swindo's most stupid post ever.......unless anyone else knows better?

It only took a few minutes. 😀

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Take the mick all you like, but where do you think you got oranges grapes and other such things from ?

Most from the supermarkets but personally, I use a greengrocer.

I don't suppose you use Aldi or Lidl?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

the rest of the world 

We always did

No the EU did it for you 

We were part of the EU. Trade deals weren't done behind our back, we helped with our own people to negotiate them. Hope this basic piece of knowledge helps.

• Like 1

The survey has proved that the majority who voted leave did so because and top reason. They wanted British laws made here and not the EU. Sovereignty. Weve told remainers that constantly but it dosent sink in. No leavers wanted to become a colony if a federal EU state. Millions more came here than the other way around. Putting enormous strains on GPs surgeries dentists , schools and housing. The fact that they were able to come here and send child benefit home to other countries without those families even having to step foot in the country angered many.That and whole districts loosing their identities and local culture. Bognor is not known as Warsaw in sea for nothing. Parts of Lincolnshire too. Tony Blairs fault again.

Those are the main reasons leave won and would again.

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The survey has proved that the majority who voted leave did so because and top reason. They wanted British laws made here and not the EU. Sovereignty. Weve told remainers that constantly but it dosent sink in. No leavers wanted to become a colony if a federal EU state. Millions more came here than the other way around. Putting enormous strains on GPs surgeries dentists , schools and housing. The fact that they were able to come here and send child benefit home to other countries without those families even having to step foot in the country angered many.That and whole districts loosing their identities and local culture. Bognor is not known as Warsaw in sea for nothing. Parts of Lincolnshire too. Tony Blairs fault again.

But according to the polls including the one you posted only 18% now think that was a good idea.

I should look at the polls if you think leave would win at this moment in time. Maybe in the future they would vote leave again, but I find this highly unlikely as as more kids become eligible to vote they would ask us to go back into the EU. The youngsters do not like what we have done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Brexit WIN for City of London as new companies bring in £13.9 That's 3 times 2020 figures  

Nothing to do with Brexit of course, but the Daily Express is getting desparate

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Millions more came here than the other way around.

And we all know Swindo's racist wife doesn't like foreigners, especially kids.

I was listening to Radio 4 yesterday on Trump - a US commentator noted that the problem is the lack of any ability of 'critical thinking' by many who are just then easy food for the social media echo chambers they follow. It's a real threat to any notion of an informed democracy.

SC came to mind - completely unable to question the **** he's spoon fed and how its been spun (or the caveats that are missing).  

I tend to be sceptical of anything I'm told at face value by the media and look behind the numbers. it why I've always had a downer on for instance the 'confirmed PCR' test numbers now thankfully going to be abandoned as open to all sorts of misleading hopes and fears as opposed to a randomized sample. Look at the whole picture.

• Like 1

Especially if they are lied to again. Just as Boris did twice during PMQs.

You are making ill-informed arguments given to you by liars.

The British never lost the ability to make their own laws. Can you tell us which laws have been changed since Brexit? Very few and there are the superficial ones.

The EU is not a federal state, each country has it's sovereignty.

Net migration is not 'Millions'.

EU workers were a benefit to the economy. You were more likely to see an EU worker building new houses and infrastructure like GP surgeries and schools that living in them. You were more likely to see an EU worker in the operating theatre, ward or consulting room that you were in a bed being treated. The lack of investment in the countries infrastructure has been going on before Tony Blair was PM.

If people work in this country and pay tax here then they are entitled to get benefits like working tax credit and child benefit, what they do with the benefit is up to them. If British citizens work abroad they would be treated the same.

History is full of examples of towns and cities changing due to migration. Norwich is one example. I have an ex-colleague who retired to Spain, the village where he lives is known locally as 'Croydon on Sea'. When my brother worked in S Arabia he lived in an area know as the English Compound. 

On 05/01/2022 at 07:14, Herman said:

Someone else can give you the exact figures but it was 52% of the people eligible to vote in the referendum. So it wasn't the masses it was roughly a third of the country that voted for this.

Actually Herman it was only 37% of those eligible to vote (72% turn out rate). So 63% of those entitled to vote did NOT vote for Brexit.

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Actually Herman it was only 37% of those eligible to vote (72% turn out rate). So 63% of those entitled to vote did NOT vote for Brexit.

Yes, you are right. My wording wasn't right at all.👍

• Like 2

I see all the RWNJ (apart from the terminally confused Swindon) have disappeared as it is now universally recognised that Brexit has turned out to be a catastrophe. Even Tory MPs have stopped pretending, and have decided to shut up making claims that are now provably false. The best Boris can come up with is that we can print crowns on the side of a glass, something which was immediately ridiculed on the grounds that we could have done that anyway while in the EU. And how much has all this cost? According to the Bank of England to date Brexit has cost £127bn in lost trade https://costofbrexit.netlify.app/

6 hours ago, BigFish said:

Nothing to do with Brexit of course, but the Daily Express is getting desparate

i did not get it from the express !

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

no lie there

Oh dear. He lied about 2.2 million people getting £140 A WEEK fuel allowance. He said it twice.

Not true. They get a one off £140.

No doubt you will deny it.