Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

From the Express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1534017/UK-trade-data-post-Brexit-GDP-EU-evg

UK trade has shrunk since Brexit while EU thrives

I guess they are cutting themselves free of the ideological dead wood and positioning themselves for the future.

Alternatively even they know the game is up.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I guess they are cutting themselves free of the ideological dead wood and positioning themselves for the future.

The very same rag that has given us daily headlines about how wonderful brexit Britain is going to be.

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

And the story states "says data"....sit back and  read that again!!!

So, the paper that has done so much to promote Brexit is turning face? Media outlets such as the Express (and others) have failed to hold this government to account for the last 2 years. If there had been any balance in its reporting over these two years I could have been more encouraged to take this report at face value but so badly has the paper failed that I'm still struggling to accept this 'data' led story because I lack trust. 

I see Bercow has steamed in today too.

I'm pleased posters here are calling out those apologists for this government. They (the apologists) are part of the problem, that  the worst administration we have had the misfortune to live with in decades - resulting in untold reputational damage, economic disaster and threats to the kinds of democratic institutions we have relied on for centuries ....none of these things has persuaded them to find any criticism. At best they are sleep walking I guess or more likely, blinded by hatred for any alternative point of view. 

I'm watching closely what the right wing press does next. As a few have stated here, they appear to be changing tack.

Overall, in regards to the media, especially the press, I increasingly agree with the views of John Berger, who considered it short term-ist, concerned with shocking it's public and not finding any historical meaning......

"The media network has its idols, but its principal idol is its own style which generates an aura of winning and leaves the rest in darkness. It recognizes neither pity nor pitilessness".

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I posted long ago that some things in the first few years would be difficult whilst other things will improve 

To all remainer's  out there take it on the chin and stop complaining 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I posted long ago that some things in the first few years would be difficult whilst other things will improve 

What things?

8 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

From the Express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1534017/UK-trade-data-post-Brexit-GDP-EU-evg

UK trade has shrunk since Brexit while EU thrives

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

That is what you clowns have done to our country and we bloody well warned for years.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's only short  a short time 

Indeed

The clown will be gone soon and our country can return from being the laughing stock of the world.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

The clown will be gone soon and our country can return from being the laughing stock of the world.

What SC ? He can take the other clown Boris with him.

• Haha 3

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/556e3200-59d1-11ec-81f2-17f963b74220?shareToken=3dafaedadd0ec185b113bd8b41142e49

Trade deficit widens amid a decline in exports of goods

Britain’s trade deficit widened by £4.5 billion in the three months to October as trade with the rest of the world failed to compensate for lost activity with the European Union.

12 hours ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

You have a a bad opinion of Britain. maybe you should take a note from the States they believe in there country.

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You have a a bad opinion of Britain. maybe you should take a note from the States they believe in there country.

I didn’t have, we are now the laughing stock of the world, something I feel partly responsible for as my vote helped, all based on lies. Johnson and to a lesser degree Farage have destroyed our Country.  Did you see the trade figures last night on ITV ? We are now down £12billion and that was the Brexit part of it. Maybe you can spend the weekend threatening more of our RNLI crews and their families, or abusing the NHS for daring to see how busy the hospitals are.

Did you see the local council by election results this week ? 

18 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

And what about all the businesses that have folded already because of Brexit, and the families struggling to make ends meet? With you being a Tory though, I can see that you probably don’t care about anyone else but yourself 👍🏻

This from the Tory 1970 manifesto before joining the EEC

"There would be short-term disadvantages in Britain going into the European Economic Community "

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

This from the Tory 1970 manifesto before joining the EEC

"There would be short-term disadvantages in Britain going into the European Economic Community "

From Johnson and Farage, ‘ You will see the benefits of Brexit the day after we leave ‘

• Like 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-farming-immigration-neil-parish-b1975696.html

'A senior Conservative MP has warned Brexit is “destroying” British agriculture, as he condemned a government minister for failing to act.' 'The chair of the Commons environment committee warned that planting of vegetables was down 25 per cent and poultry production by 12.5 per cent, since Brexit. “We are seeing our industry slowly being destroyed”.  It was never going to be the big bang. As some thought. But a slow death. Closing of farms. The gradual shift of production abroad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-farming-immigration-neil-parish-b1975696.html

'A senior Conservative MP has warned Brexit is “destroying” British agriculture, as he condemned a government minister for failing to act.' 'The chair of the Commons environment committee warned that planting of vegetables was down 25 per cent and poultry production by 12.5 per cent, since Brexit. “We are seeing our industry slowly being destroyed”.  It was never going to be the big bang. As some thought. But a slow death. Closing of farms. The gradual shift of production abroad.

Well at least they'll have more space for these, now they won't need the fields for growing crops or rearing animals:

2843.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=05252f90003884c5714ba00fe6042843

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Well at least they'll have more space for these, now they won't need the fields for growing crops or rearing animals:

2843.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=05252f90003884c5714ba00fe6042843

There's still a massive Vote Leave sign on the way to Bury St. Edmunds and does anyone know if the enormous Vote Boris sign is still just before Barton Mills roundabout?

• Haha 1

German exports to the UK are down  25%     The U.K. will continue to trade less with the EU and more with the rest of the world in years to come. Who needs German cars or appliances when Japan, Korea, USA can provide the same possibly for less. Who needs French wine when Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, South America can provide the same for less.