Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

If people like you all left the country we'd be very happy with it. So now that every poll shows a significant majority of people are of the view that brexit is a calamity, it's time for you to pack your bags.

I'd be happy if you could go to your beloved EU.

42 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Where have I been ?  They are putting up blue plaque to note it's 80 years since he saved the houses and hit a tree 

They put it up at 12pm. Were you at the Wheatsheaf?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

They put it up at 12pm. Were you at the Wheatsheaf?

Walter Mitty…….I’m lost why he copied my response with this link! Not sure what he’s trying to prove? it could be some form illness his constant need for attention and lies on here, maybe we should cut Swindo some slack, he could be like IpswichCrazy.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'd be happy if you could go to your beloved EU.

I'm happy waiting here until it comes home.

From the people who bought you the Track and Trace system.

https://www.ft.com/content/6a3aa0ac-58f2-42b7-b5f4-c556bbccfed0

The UK government is to begin trials next year of a “smart” customs border involving cutting-edge technologies that it hopes will reduce trade frictions for British importers.

More lucrative contracts for their mates/party donors.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

What is the cutting edge technology that can actually confirm the contents of a lorry?

😂😂 They really are a bunch of idiots aren't they??

I reckon they are at least a couple of decades late to be claiming GPS as cutting edge technology 🤣

"BORIS JOHNSON has been told by furious Britons to rip up post-Brexit fishing licences to France following the latest huge ultimatum from across the English Channel."  Daily Express 4 days ago

"BORIS JOHNSON is set to fold to Emmanuel Macron's demands on fishing tomorrow, in a bid to hold off a trade war with France."   Daily Express 4 hours ago.

This was inevitable. Just as the divorce payments were. If you sign an agreement you have to stick to it. Just as is happening in NI. All Johnson is doing is making himself look a bigger ar se than usual. Bit by bit, all the bluster and bll**** have amounted to nothing. The UK concedes and the EU wins. One stuck to the rules, the other hoped lies would work. Elsewhere,  "Economic forecasters have slashed expectations for Britain’s recovery and said further pain could follow. The CBI said in June that it expected the economy to expand by 8.2%. But on Monday it cut that prediction to 6.9% and revised down its 2022 forecast from 6.9% to 5.1%. KPMG issued an even gloomier prediction, saying it expects growth to reach 4.2% next year at best. Both KPMG and the CBI also raised concerns about a lack of business investment. Citing a huge fall in overseas investment in the UK. We are being left behind, a spokesman said.'

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Citing a huge fall in overseas investment in the UK. We are being left behind, a spokesman said.'

I think most of the world would leave SC behind.

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Pope warns EU could become dictatorship after attempts to ban Christmas with 'woke' rules on language.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Whilst Downing Street ban a British Christmas as Downing Street have their Christmas, whilst taking the p*** that we are banned from mixing.

"Delays to cross-Channel trade are still worsening almost a year after Brexit checks came in, says a study also highlighting rising costs and key staff shunning the UK. No less than 79 per cent of firms trading with France reported hold-ups in the three months to September"   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delays-channel-trade-france-b1971481.html

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Poor old Swindon. He is trying to defend the missiles fired at him with a table tennis bat.

The UK has become a *smaller* international trader since Brexit. Not from a dodgy Russian source. But the Bank of England.

Edited by RobJames

Ah - the bitter fruits of Brexit. Suck it up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59597310

UK warns US of retaliation over steel tariffs

The Trump-era tariffs of 25% on steel exports (and 10% on aluminium exports) were imposed when the UK was part of the European Union.

The EU and the US have now concluded an agreement that will see them lifted from 1 January. But the tariffs on UK producers remain.

When asked why further talks with the US weren't happening before 1 January, Ms Trevelyan said the US chose to have a discussion with the EU first because it was a larger trading partner.

As they stupid is as stupid does...

How did it come to this? Of course it was the Brexiteers reverse Midas touch. Everything turns to s h i t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

You have more in common with these people than you have with Johnson, Farage, Rees Mogg. 

Brexiters don't like UK businesses. Not only fishermen out of business. But Cornish hotels, restaurants and bars. Becoming a cold, lonely and isolated island.