Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

pay rises of at least 6.5%

In real terms? 

9 minutes ago, 1902 said:

...... What?

I don't think he understands any of this. 6.5% in real terms would be around an 11% pay increase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Now, now Rob! Don't blow his mind.

Has this chap learning difficulties? The stuff he posts actually show the failings of brexit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I thought brexit was supposed to stop this? Take back control?

Well it would have if it wasn't for the famously open Polish border.....

Edited by 1902
  • Haha 1

It does seem strange that brexit has stopped those we need, from entering. EU workers. But has tripled the ones we don't. Migrants. With no means of returning them either.

There has been a huge drop in UK youngsters taking seasonal jobs in the EU. A 95 per cent slump in British hospitality workers going to Austria. Work as chalet maids, bar staff and ski instructors has all but dried up. This work is now being taken by East Europeans. Another brexit bonus.

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I see the updated polls now show those that would vote leave as low as 34 %.

'He pointed to the 77 per cent of 18- to 34-year-olds who support rejoining – and no fewer than 80 per cent of those who failed to vote in 2016'. Savanta ComRes pointed to “momentum shifting towards a majority who would now vote to rejoin the EU''.

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

also every time I'm called names on here I do report it 

Well at least that keeps them very busy. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I think I'm the only one on here Writing things on here that's right Like THE REST OF BRITION AND UNLIKE NORWICH WHO VOTED TO REMAIN

Blimey! I didn't realise Norwich's population had risen to 16,141,241. 

• Confused 1

Calm down Swindon. The UK voters decided that they wanted to leave the EU, and the UK Government has obliged them.

Those of us that wanted to remain, accept that. We left. That's democracy.

Now, with the evidence in front of their eyes the UK voters are realizing that was a misguided decision and want to rejoin. 

That's democracy too. 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

But they have no option 🙂

Nah, we could just join the single market and the customs union again. Welcome to the joys of parliamentary sovereignty.

13 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Nah, we could just join the single market and the customs union again. Welcome to the joys of parliamentary sovereignty.

👍Lots of possibilities👍

A chart (for simplicity!)....

IMG_20210925_230316.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I would be interested where you've seen that,  by the way I never spread hate to any Norwich supporter  on here also every time I'm called names on here I do report it 

Yet you're the one who's recently been banned.

BITTER Remainers were told not to "cry Brexit" after an economist pointed out that the European Union's (EU's) energy prices and inflation rates were just as bad, if not worse, than the UK's.

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I have no problem who knows my name = I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE 

Use your own name by all means but you have absolutely no right to name others. Feel free to check with the moderators if you don't have the common sense to understand that.

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

BITTER Remainers were told not to "cry Brexit" after an economist pointed out that the European Union's (EU's) energy prices and inflation rates were just as bad, if not worse, than the UK's.

Energy cost are a global concern. This plays a big part in inflation. So they would be the same. Where they differ is where the country has control. That is why the UK is falling behind the EU. Losing trade to the ROI, and has not been able to implement border checks, for fear of causing more damage to the economy. So much for taking back control.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1524097/brexit-news-eu-energy-prices-soar-uk-vladimir-putin-gas-prices-nord-stream-2

The problem with this report in the Express is that they don't carry a single quote where a 'BITTER Remainer' has cried Brexit.