Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Sounds like the only positive benefit of Brexit is Visa raising the price of their credit services in order to maximize their profits…. 

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

they want it, but will not get it

?

We won't get membership of the CPTPP?

One of the things we were told was an advantage of Brexit, and now we won't get it?

Do you understand what you are posting?

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

2 hours ago, Herman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59306200

Amazon and Visa said any changes in fees had nothing to do with Brexit.

Both Visa and its rival Mastercard have raised the so-called interchange fee on cross-border transactions between businesses in the UK and the European Union following Brexit.

The dispute between Amazon and Visa is to do with the fees the credit card company charges Amazon for its services in the UK.

Edited by ricardo

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59306200

Amazon and Visa said any changes in fees had nothing to do with Brexit.

Both Visa and its rival Mastercard have raised the so-called interchange fee on cross-border transactions between businesses in the UK and the European Union following Brexit.

The dispute between Amazon and Visa is to do with the fees the credit card company charges Amazon for its services in the UK.

au contraire:  'And it's not just items crossing borders. The payments for most items bought on Amazon in the UK are processed via its Luxembourg headquarters."

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I see Ricardo is still at the denial stage.🤨

Its called spinning a story. Neither MC or Amazon want to deliberately upset Brexiteers (that's bad for business) - but if we were still in the EU the interchange costs couldn't have increased so there would be no need to to a deal. So I suppose they could have done a deal anyway even if we were still in EU for no good reason other than upset their VISA CC customers !

Must be the same reasoning that the collapse of the fishing industry or mobile phone roaming charges have nothing to do with Brexit.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

I see Ricardo is still at the denial stage.🤨

Take it up with the BBC, its their quote.

Edited by ricardo

Come on....someone on here is married to Janet or at least knows her well?🙂

At long last a Brexit positive.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Come on....someone on here is married to Janet or at least knows her well?🙂

At long last a Brexit positive.

Its a Conserve-ative policy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

Ask the ministers who conceded that fact (although you could have simply opened your eyes and ears for the last few months).

there are no shortages and have not been for over a month so how can that be to blame ?

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

there are no shortages and have not been for over a month so how can that be to blame ?

So Johnson has been telling us more lies as he said there were shortages.

Never mind the clown won’t be around to much longer, those that laughed at the wallpaper story and Dominic Cummings are now beginning to realise that was the beginning of the end. What sort of government ( let alone any business ) loses the minutes of a £600 million pound deal. 
What’s that got to do with Brexit you might think, in my opinion people are, in their droves, beginning to realise Johnson’s and Farage’s campaigns were based on nothing but lies.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

There’s a shortage of Brits who think it was right to leave the EU. You might be on your own soon, support going down at alarming rate.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well I've seen no shortages here in Swindon 

Then it's a shame you do not read your local paper.  "Customers may have noticed that shelves in many supermarkets and shops have looked rather bare in parts lately, partly as a result of a shortage of lorry drivers in the UK..... primarily because of changes to migration rules as a result of Brexit.

Because the UK is no longer part of the single market, in which HGV drivers can move across borders more freely, many European drivers have opted to work solely within EU countries. The increased bureaucracy involved in travelling to and from the UK often means increased costs to drivers who are paid for distance, rather than time.''

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19713311.m-s-christmas-affected-workers-leave-swindon-distribution-centre-droves/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/19653722.bouncer-shortage-poses-threat-public-safety-warn-nightclubs/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/19673887.worker-shortage-rule-uk-turkeys-christmas-farming-sector-warns/

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ah! So all that news footage of miles long queues at garages who managed to get some petrol, and "closed- No Petrol" signs around the country at those that didn't, were all lies and propoganda. And I thought Goebels had committed suicide at the end of WWII.

Way to go EU !! Drowning in debt, tourists already non-existent and countries like Spain on their knees after Covid stopped travellers and all the paperwork involved putting people off, so what do they do, charge them more to get there and give them another form to fill in !! The EU will be lucky if it sees 25% of its previous tourists at this rate !! The EU always did know how to lose money!

8 hours ago, RobJames said:

Then it's a shame you do not read your local paper.  "Customers may have noticed that shelves in many supermarkets and shops have looked rather bare in parts lately, partly as a result of a shortage of lorry drivers in the UK..... primarily because of changes to migration rules as a result of Brexit.

Because the UK is no longer part of the single market, in which HGV drivers can move across borders more freely, many European drivers have opted to work solely within EU countries. The increased bureaucracy involved in travelling to and from the UK often means increased costs to drivers who are paid for distance, rather than time.''

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19713311.m-s-christmas-affected-workers-leave-swindon-distribution-centre-droves/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/19653722.bouncer-shortage-poses-threat-public-safety-warn-nightclubs/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/national/19673887.worker-shortage-rule-uk-turkeys-christmas-farming-sector-warns/

predictions that are not happening 

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

predictions that are not happening 

Stop lying.

Places where there are no shortages are because of migrant Labour getting visas, something I thought you were against.

Edited by Well b back

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Way to go EU !! Drowning in debt, tourists already non-existent and countries like Spain on their knees after Covid stopped travellers and all the paperwork involved putting people off, so what do they do, charge them more to get there and give them another form to fill in !! The EU will be lucky if it sees 25% of its previous tourists at this rate !! The EU always did know how to lose money!

Lol

You really are an idiot.

You still haven’t explained why you were posting on here between 11 and 12 am on Remembrance Sunday instead of being out on parade with the rest of our former armed forces

Just now, Well b back said:

Lol

You really are an idiot.

You still haven’t explained why you were posting on here between 11 and 12 am on Remembrance Sunday instead of being out on parade with the rest of our former armed forces

I observed the 2 mins silence, for my fellow Navy personal who did not make it home. Please don't doubt my commitment. and stop calling me names     

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.mylondon.news/news/uk-world-news/heathrow-gatwick-uk-travellers-pay-22188246

I seriously doubt paying £5 and filling in a form that's very similar to countries like the USA, Australia etc. will deter Brits from their Full English and cheap lager on the Costa del Sol.

In case you haven't noticed that what happens when you vote to leave and forfeit Freedom of Movement.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

In case you haven't noticed that what happens when you vote to leave and forfeit Freedom of Movement.

freedom of movement ? Don't make me laugh !

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

UK national debt = £2,223.0 billion (or over £2 trillion if you prefer that measurement)

That's equivalent to 103.6% of gross domestic product (GDP). 

https://cy.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicspending/bulletins/ukgovernmentdebtanddeficitforeurostatmaast/june2021#:~:text=UK government debt and deficit%3A June 2021 1,6 Measuring the data. ... More items...

Brexit will cost ÂŁ80bn a year (4% of GDP) according to the government's own figures.

You really are a blithering idiot.

Edited by horsefly

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

BJ will lose his freedom of movement soon, he will be inside.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I should change from a canary to a duck as you will need all help possible to swim as your ship sinks.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

BJ will lose his freedom of movement soon, he will be inside.

will that be for careless driving having publicly admitted to driving into a ditch!!!

• Haha 1