Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Just now, KernowCanary said:

Just typical, when will this country ever learn?. It’s like slugs voting for salt.

Nothing will change until we have a credible opposition.

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Frustrating when he won't stick to the vote leave narrative 

Or the NI protocol narrative 

😀

15 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Frustrating when he won't stick to the vote leave narrative 

Or the NI protocol narrative 

I think Cummings nailed it with his 'wonky shopping trolley' analogy 😊

Always amusing when things don't turn out as expected. 

We live in strange and interesting times.

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

As I mentioned the same poll as used shows Johnson’s popularity down to 35% and if there was an election today only 26% would vote conservative.

As Cop26 approaches Johnson has another shot at making the U.K. the laughing stock of the world.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-trade-deals-should-prioritise-economic-growth-over-environmental-protections-leaked-govt-document-12433808

Is the toe rag still in hiding after the COVID report ? I see from the news tonight all his promises of distributing vaccines we have managed to distribute 9600 vaccines, whilst we dump hundreds of doses.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Nothing will change until we have a credible opposition.

An electorate that pays attention wouldn't go amiss either.

44 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As I mentioned the same poll as used shows Johnson’s popularity down to 35% and if there was an election today only 26% would vote conservative.

As Cop26 approaches Johnson has another shot at making the U.K. the laughing stock of the world.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-trade-deals-should-prioritise-economic-growth-over-environmental-protections-leaked-govt-document-12433808

Is the toe rag still in hiding after the COVID report ? I see from the news tonight all his promises of distributing vaccines we have managed to distribute 9600 vaccines, whilst we dump hundreds of doses.

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

An electorate that pays attention wouldn't go amiss either.

Johnson and the Tory's are just starting to reap what they have sown. Crisis following crisis. What is it today... Gas, pigs, HGV, NI lies, EU trade war, .. actually I am struggling to keep up... oh yes Covid too rejoining the bun fight.

Give it 5 years and it will be difficult to find anybody who'll admit to voting for this lot.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Something I was talking about 3 weeks ago, which I knew from listening to people in the business for a few years. These people are truly the worst government.

And the rule is that every time you hear the word cabotage you have to play this Beastie Boys riff in your head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Something I was talking about 3 weeks ago, which I knew from listening to people in the business for a few years. These people are truly the worst government.

How is that gonna work. It sounds great, but who's going to sort out their two week work schedule while they're over here...

Who would have guessed it, seems like the Australia trade deal hasn't happened afterall.

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

Indeed. The lunatics have taken over the asylum springs to mind.

I don’t find what’s going on to be ‘interesting’. Corrupt, incompetent, divisive, and criminal is more apt. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How is that gonna work. It sounds great, but who's going to sort out their two week work schedule while they're over here...

It's not and just piddling around the edges. Until they admit that they have broken the logistics chain then it will just get worse. 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's not and just piddling around the edges. Until they admit that they have broken the logistics chain then it will just get worse. 

Exactly. God I'm bloody frustrated by these loons supposedly running the country. It's like being caught in a perpetual stupidity loop with no escape door.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2021 at 14:34, Well b back said:

Apparently only 15% of the U.K. feel that Brexit has gone well, so I don’t think any longer these views are a minority.

Any news yet on why you gave us that absolute s*** about the citizens of Poland wanting to leave the EU ? Caught lying again I guess

Bur when they are asked if they wish to re-join the number is less than 15%  I did not write Poland wanted to leave it's there government that want it. 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bur when they are asked if they wish to re-join the number is less than 15%  I did not write Poland wanted to leave it's there government that want it. 

And that’s not true either, a couple of members of the government I just don’t get why you can’t tell the truth.

This weeks do you think Brexit has gone well 56% no 35% yes. Just like your vaccine tosh you tell us 1/2 a story.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

No, they don't and if you had the slightest idea just how much development aid Poland has had, and is stil receiving, from the EU you would understand why.

There is some similarity though between Brexiteers and the Polish Government - they both believed they can have their cake and eat it::

Brexiteers were stupid enough to believe that they could leave the EU whilst retaining all the benefits that they actually liked about being in the EU - turns out that they were spectacularly wrong.

The Polish Government was stupid enough to believe that they could remain in the EU and keep the cash flowing but not stick to the rules - we'll see what happens but I think you can be sure they won't get away with it but since they are still the 'club' they will undoubtedly strike some sort of compromise and come out of it OK.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/should-the-united-kingdom-join-the-european-union-or-stay-out-of-the-european-union/

On the 21st Sept. 33% said we should join the EU.

I think you'll find that 33 is more than TWICE the figure you quoted  lied about.

• Confused 1

O dear @SwindonCanary you told them to f*** off now they are telling us to f*** off.

Just "dozens" of overseas lorry drivers have joined the UK fleet since the government opened its emergency visa scheme, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has said.

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

Ferret wars raising its ugly head, what happened to smuggling them in in your trousers?

Nobody has the balls for it😉

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

Ferret wars raising its ugly head, what happened to smuggling them in in your trousers?

What's going on now to rile the gammon?

Sam Fender bringing up Brexit on his debut album made me switch it off, but what he said in that song is still true.

I just don’t like it being mentioned in songs and TV dramas. It’s bad enough with Eastenders going on about it. It’s all very well and good saying to switch the TV off, but the other half always has it on, so escape is impossible.

Edited by KernowCanary

Daily Express Headline:

Merkel outrage as Germany 'sourcing gas destined for UK' after plunging Europe into crisis

And here's the one line in the article that shows the headline is nothing more than xenophobic bating:

"The energy expert said: "Germany is having to source gas from elsewhere, so it's adding to the demand pressures on gas that is also, potentially, destined for the UK."

So, from the headline misquote, "sourcing gas destined for the UK", we get to the genuine quote, "...potentially, destined for the UK". In other words, gas NOT destined for the UK. Dreadful, hateful journalsim in every respect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You would hope that the call for less divisive rhetoric after the murder of another MP would be heeded by the press, but no, straight away carrying on in the same vein. IPSO ain't no regulator.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10099469/Id-holiday-Boris-Johnson-Keir-Starmer-say-voters.html#comments

Buried in the story with the stupid headline is this little gem.

If there was a vote to leave the EU Tomorrow?

Leave 36%

Remain 45%.

lDeltapoll interviewed 3,043 British adults online between October 13 and 15. The data has been weighted to be representative of the adult population as a whole.

• Like 1