Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

Only if we were France👍

Indeed

Then the anti vaxers, anti mask wearers, anti lockdowners etc would be protesting against their government rather than attacking and insulting NHS workers.

On 19/09/2021 at 19:13, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Following on from a return to imperial measurements, the next steps to regain our heritage have been outlined 

More here

🇬🇧

Looks like we'll have "Winter Of Discontent 2: The Return". I was too young to really notice the first one so it may be fun.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Looks like we'll have "Winter Of Discontent 2: The Return". I was too young to really notice the first one so it may be fun.

I still remember fretting about my aquarium when the lights went out. I should be all right this time, as I have booked winter in South Africa, and I no longer have an aquarium!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/09/2021 at 08:16, Herman said:

From the paper that sold the country brexit. Bravo.👏👏👏

Soaring bills, empty shelves, used cars that cost MORE than new ones and NO toys for Christmas - how UK faces being crippled by 'perfect storm' of Covid, Brexit and soaring gas prices that will leave families thousands of pounds poorer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10003883/UK-faces-crippled-perfect-storm-Covid-Brexit-soaring-gas-prices.html

Still, good news about the blue passports 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Youve already had six years of discontent so no change there then😉

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Anyone with money to invest should put it all into candle production.

2 hours ago, dj11 said:

I still remember fretting about my aquarium when the lights went out. I should be all right this time, as I have booked winter in South Africa, and I no longer have an aquarium!

Did you sell the fish to Sainsbury's? Seems they can't get any from our now redundant fishing industry.

Edited by horsefly

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Did you sell the fish to Sainsbury's? Seems they can't get any from our now redundant fishing industry.

If you want fish you should to Morrisons, they bought a trawler so they've probably got loads.

26 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Anyone with money to invest should put it all into candle production.

From what I have just been listening to invest in beer, the long life bottled stuff. A perfect storm is a coming. Raw materials, production and distribution are all struggling. 

26 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If you want fish you should to Morrisons, they bought a trawler so they've probably got loads.

It's probably being used to ferry all those illegal immigrants across the channel (far more profit in that).

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Seems "project fear" should have really said, "I fear things are going to be a lot worse than any remainer is actually claiming"

• Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 17:13, keelansgrandad said:

I think the biggest problem is that Boris is running out of metaphors.

He can have this one:

"Up shi*t creek without a paddy!"

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Seems "project fear" should have really said, "I fear things are going to be a lot worse than any remainer is actually claiming"

I was thinking it would take years to unravel. 

30 minutes ago, Herman said:

I was thinking it would take years to unravel. 

Yep! I thought they would make a better effort at trying to disguise the dreadful damage done by brexit to the economy and people's lives and livelihoods. Seems it is so bad that no amount of Johnson foolery and lies can hide the fact that brexit has well and truly screwed the country. 

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Yep! I thought they would make a better effort at trying to disguise the dreadful damage done by brexit to the economy and people's lives and livelihoods. Seems it is so bad that no amount of Johnson foolery and lies can hide the fact that brexit has well and truly screwed the country. 

They'll be another distraction..... 

My local garage is rationing petrol, and only serving regular customers (I only cycle, haha!). Thankfully Insulate Britain are ensuring that petrol use on the M25 is being considerably reduced.

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is that Johnson 'hot air' ?

This thread playing its part😉

Keep it going

Just listened to a major British turkey farmer on LBC. The industry couldn't get the labour required to ensure production of turkeys so there is a massive reduction in the number of birds being reared in the country for this christmas. Result: brexit means you will more than likely be tucking into a French turkey for your xmas lunch as the supermarkets are being forced to source their supplies abroad. "Buy British" shouts your average brexiteer buffoon, "I would if I could" the remainer rejoinders.

You couldn't make it up, unless, of course, your name is Grant Shapps (or should that be, Michael Green?):

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/grant-shapps-roasted-for-claiming-brexit-has-helped-resolve-lorry-driver-shortages-instead-of-causing-them/ar-AAOLP2r?ocid=msedgntp

Grant Shapps roasted for claiming Brexit has helped resolve lorry driver shortages instead of causing them