Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

46 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I think that's good news 

However, if we had only thought to train up more drivers before the other ones left.....

Shortage of drivers across Europe I believe.

Great opportunity to look at distribution and transport of goods across the UK and review in light of potential increased  costs and differential relative to more environmentally friendly modes and policies.

Does the above word salad mean we'll fix it by banning transportation across county lines? 

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Great opportunity to look at distribution and transport of goods across the UK and review in light of potential increased  costs and differential relative to more environmentally friendly modes and policies.

Huh?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Huh?

Less lorries more rail maybe….. in a simplistic model

Edited by Van wink

24 minutes ago, Van wink said:

A review that needs to be done before we contemplate making such drastic changes to the way we operate our businesses 

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

A review that needs to be done before we contemplate making such drastic changes to the way we operate our businesses 

Yeh quite agree, but we have an opportunity now.

34 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Any teachers out there?

Is imperial taught in schools?

Or are the kids gonna get ripped off?

They're going to bring back hashish so kids can learn what an eighth is.

26 minutes ago, Herman said:

They're going to bring back hashish so kids can learn what an eighth is.

I would like to make it clear that I don’t understand that joke...🤩

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Van wink said:

Less lorries more rail maybe….. in a simplistic model

Since the country is going full on nostalgia how about repurposing the canals, building stagecoaches and maybe giving the Pony Express a re-try.

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Since the country is going full on nostalgia how about repurposing the canals, building stagecoaches and maybe giving the Pony Express a re-try.

Less lorries choking up our roads and Cities,  spewing particulates into the air would certainly be a worthwhile outcome. How about more rail use with  local distribution by electric vehicles, logistical planning which requires less shifting of goods up and down the country, there is loads that could be done if we had an incentive. Increased road transportation cost is exactly what we need if we are to see a shift to more environmentally friendly ways of life, it makes the cost of alternatives more viable, local supply chains, necessity is the mother of invention.

As for the pony express, I’d be out there with my imperial stamped bucket collecting natures’ fertiliser.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Shouldn't you brexiters have thought about this 5 or 6 years ago? 

Way before that everybody should have been thinking about it!  We've seen small scale transport initiatives, Oxford comes to mind, Leicester Green City etc etc but nothing on a grand scale. Fair play to this government they make the right noises about electric vehicles etc, but you dont get the impression there is much behind the words.

Edited by Van wink

While the western world discusses climate change, the UK claims it hasn't got enough drivers😂

Amazon advertising for drivers so that people can get their gazebo next day.

While they can whitter on about bringing back Imperial measurements and US/UK/Australia defense pact as "evidence of the positive effects of Brexit", reality is hitting home and the Brexit scammers gig is up isn't it? 

The gigi is up.jpg

Yes, but be fair - Brexit has benefited the Estonian high-tech industry no end, with business moving there. And I'm sure I saw that predicted on the side of a bus during the referendum campaign. But perhaps it was while I was on holiday in Tallinn...

• Haha 1

From the paper that sold the country brexit. Bravo.👏👏👏

Soaring bills, empty shelves, used cars that cost MORE than new ones and NO toys for Christmas - how UK faces being crippled by 'perfect storm' of Covid, Brexit and soaring gas prices that will leave families thousands of pounds poorer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10003883/UK-faces-crippled-perfect-storm-Covid-Brexit-soaring-gas-prices.html

• Like 1

Famously there was the £350m for the NHS ....but now that gas supplies are under threat for the coming winter, with all kinds of consequences for many sectors let alone the NHS, it is worth reminding ourselves of this other exaggeration from 2016. Another promise and just how he might have honestly linked together gas prices and Brexit is interesting to say the least. Gas supply a complicated subject should we just say. Perhaps he was gung ho on wind farms?  A solution perhaps but hugely long term and not solved by Brexit.

IMG_20210920_084034.jpg

Edited by sonyc

25 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Famously there was the £350m for the NHS ....but now that gas supplies are under threat for the coming winter, with all kinds of consequences for many sectors let alone the NHS, it is worth reminding ourselves of this other exaggeration from 2016. Another promise and just how he might have honestly linked together gas prices and Brexit is interesting to say the least. Gas supply a complicated subject should we just say. Perhaps he was gung ho on wind farms?  A solution perhaps but hugely long term and not solved by Brexit.

IMG_20210920_084034.jpg

Its just all the hot air and gas from the Brexiteers orifices.