Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

which in the long run, will give more jobs to the British

Another Farage lie thanks for pointing it out. Said British people will be queueing up for the jobs, if my son and his mates are anything to go by, they say we are not slaves.

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

We won't need them by then, everyone will have starved

Just been in my local Co-op and there's a sign apologising for the reduced stock available, it's due to "supply issues". No mention of Tony Blair but then it is the Co-op and they're a bunch of lefty, woke marxists. 😀

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just been in my local Co-op and there's a sign apologising for the reduced stock available, it's due to "supply issues". No mention of Tony Blair but then it is the Co-op and they're a bunch of lefty, woke marxists. 😀

not round my way

they are sneering metropolitan elites - at least I am, as Farage has told me often enough

whereas ex private school Farage is a man of the people

(odd what thickos will believe when they are told by one of their better)

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Going by this as Furlough comes to an end there will be a lot of British workers out of work needing jobs, let’s see if they all go to work on the farms ect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58043041

there are lots who have been out of work for sometime

odd how they don't leave their 'red wall homes and head south

where pubs, restaurants and hotels are desperate for employees

1 hour ago, Bill said:

there are lots who have been out of work for sometime

odd how they don't leave their 'red wall homes and head south

where pubs, restaurants and hotels are desperate for employees

Money !

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Money !

So why did Farage and Johnson say the Brits would be queueing up for the jobs ? It was a lie to disguise their hatred of EU citizens.

Just now, Well b back said:

So why did Farage and Johnson say the Brits would be queueing up for the jobs ? It was a lie to disguise their hatred of EU citizens.

British will not work for minimum wages  

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Thanks for confirming that Farage and Johnson are lying scum.

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

really ?

so who are the 2 million UK employees who are on minimum wage ?

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

really ?

so who are the 2 million UK employees who are on minimum wage ?

As I wrote they will not up sticks and move south for a minimum wage = please follow 😤 

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

British people know better than to up sticks and start a new life down south for a low wage.

So they lied, thanks for confirming that.

A fun thread on all the sneaky ways the EU has treated a sovereign state, that used its sovereignty to choose its own path.😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I wrote they will not up sticks and move south for a minimum wage = please follow 😤 

So according to you there are no minimum wage earners in the south. Please provide your evidence for that.

21 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

But your mob thought the introduction of the minimum wage would cause millions of jobs to be lost. Now you are saying contrary to that, it has created jobs that no British people in the South want to work for. So what wage are they working for? If it is above minimum rates then it has created wealth.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But your mob thought the introduction of the minimum wage would cause millions of jobs to be lost. Now you are saying contrary to that, it has created jobs that no British people in the South want to work for. So what wage are they working for? If it is above minimum rates then it has created wealth.

unless you are single the minimum wage is only a means to reduce the amount the state has to subsidise low pay

this has been going on since the introduction of family allowance

pay the minimum, then only top up as where needed (extra kids)

the minimum wage was brought in to stop Tory employers from scrounging off the state

a few decades back, anyone taken on by Bernard Mathews would be given 'income support' forms to fill in so as to make up their wages

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

unless you are single the minimum wage is only a means to reduce the amount the state has to subsidise low pay

this has been going on since the introduction of family allowance

pay the minimum, then only top up as where needed (extra kids)

the minimum wage was brought in to stop Tory employers from scrounging off the state

a few decades back, anyone taken on by Bernard Mathews would be given 'income support' forms to fill in so as to make up their wages

I think you are right in part but the main aim was to reverse the Thatcherite policy of low incomes while the market dictated everything else.

Thatcher was another idiot who believed a high wage economy couldn't work while other nations were successful at it. And the Tories still apparently believe to this day that the worker is a lazy no good scrounger who should be grateful for what he or she receives. Yet every MD is a hard working, resolute, caring, upright paragon of virtue who deserves his free pension, car, share issues and free lunches.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think you are right in part but the main aim was to reverse the Thatcherite policy of low incomes while the market dictated everything else.

Thatcher was another idiot who believed a high wage economy couldn't work while other nations were successful at it. And the Tories still apparently believe to this day that the worker is a lazy no good scrounger who should be grateful for what he or she receives. Yet every MD is a hard working, resolute, caring, upright paragon of virtue who deserves his free pension, car, share issues and free lunches.

The point there is that it is not the minimum wage that sets the level of most low paid jobs, but the level to which the 'top up takes the amount to.

The minimum wage will still be the same in September, but a huge number of low paid workers reliant upon Universal Credit will see their amount cut by £20 a week. So the minimum wage is, as I said, is merely a means in the main for cutting the subsidy to employers.

The Thatcherite view of the employed was based on a wish not to see them as worthy of being paid, so as to keep the wages down. Much as those running brexit have been aiming for.

Billy or Horsey.........discuss for the benefit of all

America’s economy has already recovered the ground lost during the pandemic and is powering forward. China produces more now than before the first outbreak of Covid-19. Even a relatively mediocre economy, such as the UK, for example, with one of the worst outbreaks of the virus and facing all the headwinds from leaving the EU, is staging one of the most rapid recoveries in its history. The global economy is bouncing back strongly, but there is one exception.

The eurozone. It is the weakest link in the global economy, and it could be years before it claws back to 2019 levels of production and output.

Even worse, it isn’t the first time that has happened. After 2008-09, the eurozone also saw the weakest and slowest recovery from the crash. A coincidence? Not really. True, there are special circumstances in each case. But a pattern is also starting to emerge.

ADVERTISING

Every time there is a major global recession, the countries sharing the single currency stage the most sluggish and tepid recovery of any major economic bloc. The zone is not about to collapse. But with each turn of the cycle, it emerges a bit poorer, a bit smaller, and a bit weaker – and there is no sign of that changing.

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Aren't you glad the UK left the Eurozone.🤨

Did you want to join 🙃

I don't remember having strong opinions either way when it was mooted to be honest.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Van wink said:

America’s economy has already recovered the ground lost during the pandemic and is powering forward. China produces more now than before the first outbreak of Covid-19. Even a relatively mediocre economy, such as the UK, for example, with one of the worst outbreaks of the virus and facing all the headwinds from leaving the EU, is staging one of the most rapid recoveries in its history. The global economy is bouncing back strongly, but there is one exception.

The eurozone. It is the weakest link in the global economy, and it could be years before it claws back to 2019 levels of production and output.

Even worse, it isn’t the first time that has happened. After 2008-09, the eurozone also saw the weakest and slowest recovery from the crash. A coincidence? Not really. True, there are special circumstances in each case. But a pattern is also starting to emerge.

ADVERTISING

Every time there is a major global recession, the countries sharing the single currency stage the most sluggish and tepid recovery of any major economic bloc. The zone is not about to collapse. But with each turn of the cycle, it emerges a bit poorer, a bit smaller, and a bit weaker – and there is no sign of that changing.

Oh dear! How many times does it have to be repeated that when a country has crashed as badly as the UK did it becomes virtually inevitable that its recovery will be rapid and record breaking when restrictions are eased.

Perhaps you can also remind me when it was during our membership of the EU that we joined the Euro Zone? That one seems to have passed me by, silly me!

BTW it should be considered de rigueur to include a reference/link when quoting a source.

Edited by horsefly

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/europe-leaves-austerity-behind-with-job-driven-recovery/

Europe leaves austerity behind with job-driven recovery

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/30/economy/europe-gdp-economy/index.html

Europe's economy posts 13% growth as recovery accelerates

https://www.propertyfundsworld.com/2021/08/02/304367/europes-real-estate-markets-mount-robust-recovery-says-new-lasalle-research

With European countries set to exit pandemic-era restrictions and move into their ‘post-Covid’ phase by late summer, Europe’s real estate markets are well positioned to mount a robust recovery, despite the complications posed by the Delta variant. 

https://www.ft.com/content/70692ece-d690-4941-8906-8aa0c3be2d68

Eurozone firmly on road to recovery

GDP data for second quarter suggest bloc is growing faster than US and China

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Perhaps you can also remind me when it was during our membership of the EU that we joined the Euro Zone? That one seems to have passed me by, silly me!

What an odd question Horsey, whoever has said we are or were in the Eurozone?

Just now, Van wink said:

What an odd question Horsey, whoever has said we are or were in the Eurozone?

You asked me to respond to your unreferenced quote which made a direct comparison between post  brexit UK and the Euro Zone. Given that we were never in the Euro Zone why is this relevant? We could have remained in the EU and still recovered at a record rate. It would have helped if you had included a reference to the source of this quote so we could judge the authority and motivation of its claims. The fact you didn't raises suspicion that the source is biased and unreliable. I suggest you look to A Load of Squit's post as an example of quoting from acknowledged reliable sources. The fact that those quotes rubbish the claims of the one you posted without references says all that needs to be said.

52 minutes ago, Van wink said:

ADVERTISING

Oh Winky, it is the Torygraph so largely ****

image.thumb.png.5b3b0c02ce2f6b3b0bfe51c8f95b692b.png

33 minutes ago, horsefly said:

BTW it should be considered de rigueur to include a reference/link when quoting a source.

righty nonsense from the Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/08/02/yet-eurozone-struggles-keep-rest-world/

which includes this little gem

"Trying to forge a consensus among 27 members is painfully slow" or reflects the democratic process, something the Telegraph and other loony righties have consistently told us is non existent in the EU