Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I've wrote, he says he's got nothing against the lifeboat men 

Bill /Horsefly

So Martin, 

Do you have a problem with lifeboats rescuing people who otherwise might drown ? 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Don't they have engines?

Is it not funny that both Bill and Horsefly leave the Pink'un at the same time ?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Is it not funny that both Bill and Horsefly leave the Pink'un at the same time ?

I was referring to the lifeboats

51 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

they keep trying to catch me out but with the lifeboat men I have them in my family so they can't do it

But they are pointing out that you haven't condemned what Farage said before he retracted it.

19 hours ago, horsefly said:

An utterly absurd non sequitur. That means every paramedic that takes a drunk driver to hospital has assisted the individual in an illegal activity. Best you concern yourself with your own glaring intellectual and moral incapacities before you accuse others.

The assistance given by the RNLI is to the organised crime gangs by demonstrating that crime does indeed pay. The average illegal migrant pays £5000 for a crossing. So that is already £45 million pounds earned this year by human traffickers for this year alone. That does not include the number of illegal migrants turned back to France. It is you who is intellectually and morally incapacitated for supporting the RNLI and encouraging illegal migrants to risk their lives in making dangerous crossings in flimsy vessels.

As Australia and Denmark have both proven, there are solutions to stopping illegal migration and the government is simply not doing its job to protect the security of our borders from illegal activity. Many lifeboat crew have resigned their positions as they do not see their job as being an extension of the UK border force, and rightly so.

18 hours ago, Indy said:

It was France till the stupid voted for Brexit, now it’s our nations fault for not wanting to work with our EU neighbours, you reap what you sow, cut ties you cut the cooperation.

Sad people of the bigotry nature cast dark shadows, they can’t see the light for their blinkers. RNLI have a duty of care first and foremost and have no legal right to deliver them back to where they came from. It’s our own inept government which has allowed this to have happened and you only have yourself to blame RTB. You voted for this!

The UK currently pays France millions to prevent human traffickers from working in the Channel. We even upped our payments to them. If France cannot do the job then they must allow UK border force to work in French territory. RNLI needs to step back and leave this job to border force and the navy. There is already a precedent for working in French territory as we already allow French border force personnel to work in the UK Eurostar stations. And yes, the government are completely inept at handling this, so we have something to agree upon.

17 hours ago, Well b back said:

£500,000 in a day now all because of your hatred.

I see lots of charities are now tweeting Farage to ask people to abuse them to, you couldn’t make it up, maybe he will donate some of his EU pension we have to pay for, or use some of the cash from his fraudulent expenses claims.

I see as well many tweets on the same line as yours are being removed, hence I suspect why you hide on here.

The RNLI will need the extra donations to pay for the training of all the new volunteer lifeboat crews that are leaving the service because they are doing the work of the border force and the royal navy. The only hatred I have is for the criminal gangs that make a fortune out of human misery with the connivance of a woke RNLI. You and your friends on here turn a blind eye to human traffickers which suggests to me that you have little interest in the well-being of the illegal migrants.

I have no idea what your last sentence means but I suspect it is yet another ad hominen attack

Ah Rocky, you spoil us with this culture war crap.🤣

Edited by Herman

35 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The UK currently pays France millions to prevent human traffickers from working in the Channel. We even upped our payments to them. If France cannot do the job then they must allow UK border force to work in French territory. RNLI needs to step back and leave this job to border force and the navy. There is already a precedent for working in French territory as we already allow French border force personnel to work in the UK Eurostar stations. And yes, the government are completely inept at handling this, so we have something to agree upon.

Doesn't the UK border force already work in France? 

47 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The assistance given by the RNLI is to the organised crime gangs by demonstrating that crime does indeed pay. The average illegal migrant pays £5000 for a crossing. So that is already £45 million pounds earned this year by human traffickers for this year alone. That does not include the number of illegal migrants turned back to France. It is you who is intellectually and morally incapacitated for supporting the RNLI and encouraging illegal migrants to risk their lives in making dangerous crossings in flimsy vessels.

As Australia and Denmark have both proven, there are solutions to stopping illegal migration and the government is simply not doing its job to protect the security of our borders from illegal activity. Many lifeboat crew have resigned their positions as they do not see their job as being an extension of the UK border force, and rightly so.

Repeating the same absurd non sequitur just makes you look more foolish than before. It would make every paramedic who saves the life of a drunk driver an accessory to a crime. Likewise every police officer, every nurse, and every surgeon. You do absolutely nothing to solve the problem of drunk driving by persecuting the individuals who help those in need. You clearly have not the slightest grasp of the ethics of the RNLI if you think they would abandon people in need to death by drowning.

It ought to be enough to have made you think twice that you could come up with the line "It is you who is intellectually and morally incapacitated for supporting the RNLI" but of course, it's you saying it so no surprise there at all. Your record of misogyny, racism,  homophobia, and support for a convicted paedophile speaks for itself (although we don't get to review the many posts on that long list as so many have been removed because of their disgusting content. 

Toddle off to watch Gammon News and get your fix of bigotry, I'm sure you need to get that flush up to premium red.

21 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

When lifeboats are assisting in illegal activity it is quite easy to understand. That you can't suggests something about your intellectual capacity.

another lie

"Article 31 of the Refugee Convention, which says that recognised refugees should not be
penalised for illegal entry or presence in a host country if they are
fleeing persecution in another country.
'

"
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

There is nothing heroic in actions which clearly drag out the misery for the victims of human trafficking. Perhaps your money would be better spent in donating the bus fare to Paris so those migrants marooned at Calais could visit the British Consulate and apply for asylum status. If they genuine candidates they will be granted asylum.

too stupid to even know how asylum works

"'People must be physically present in the UK to claim asylum. It is not
possible to apply for asylum via a UK embassy, or to apply for a visa for
the purpose of coming to seek asylum in the UK.
'"

Imagine being the sort of person whose first response to the problem of illlegal immigration is to demand that we should stand aside and watch women and children drown in the English Channel. I've never heard of something so un-British and so unpatriotic. Would RTB have the guts to visit his nearest lifeboat station and repeat the dispicable things he has said about the RNLI to their faces. Not a chance in hell.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I've wrote, he says he's got nothing against the lifeboat men 

Bill /Horsefly

He described the RNLI as a "taxi service for illegal trafficking gangs". Are you telling us your grandfather would be happy to be described that way? How shameful that you are such an obsequious Farage lickspittle that you would betray your own family's honour.

Another blow to brexiteers, as Deliveroo pulls out of Spain citing new laws that protect, and increase, workers rights.

One of the main objections to the EU from the brexiteers backers is/was always that EU law protected employers from a 'race to the bottom' in regard to wages, conditions and benefits (holiday/sick pay).

However, this is not simply some altruistic move on Spain's part, it is a recognition that the lower the wages, the more it costs the state to make up the difference. Only to a minimum level though.

So the choice has always been between a third world type wage structure, or that of the Scandinavians.

I can understand why the wealthy (backing Brexit) would want the former - but I have never understood why underpaid/unemployed brexiteers would want it.

Perhaps they really are too thick to think beyond what their betters tell them.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jul/30/deliveroo-unveils-plans-to-pull-out-of-spain-in-wake-of-rider-law

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ha Ha  I  tell Bill and Horsefly to stop talking to each other and guess what ?

Stop blaming Brexit for supermarket shortages - spiked (spiked-online.com)

I knew there was an echo in here... 

Anyway I have proof that empty shelves in British supermarkets just isn't true. 

- see attached.                (ignore the fact the signs are in Portuguese, we still have a lot 'em furriners over here)

Shelves.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

Given how Covid is similarly affecting the EU, with workers also isolating how come there is not the dire shortage of drivers, as in the UK.

Could it be that in the EU there is not the same culture of restriction and regulation on business as brexit has imposed on the UK ?

Or maybe better conditions, as

"Under the new regulation, drivers will enjoy better rest conditions and be entitled to more time at home. For example, weekly rest of more than 45 hours can’t be taken in a vehicle, but in suitable accommodation with adequate facilities, paid for by the employer. Work should be organised to give drivers more time at home." EU ruling

One of the reasons the wealthy wanted out of the EU, is so it could be rid of these 'pesky' protections for workers. As long as UK workers accepted that 'master knows best' they would willingly accept worse conditions than their EU counterparts. Something the dimwitted brexiteers might kow tow to, but not EU drivers - nor it now seems UK HGV drivers who are leaving the industry in large numbers.

Perhaps they could now become fishermen, or farm workers 😋

It's all explained here Bill... (embedded in you know who's recent post) 

Touchy eh?.jpg

i doubt the ragbag of racists and bigoted brexiteers even understood the implications of that nonsense.

The UK, not Britain has long been a global trader, the much vaunted empire might have given the tickos a clue, and we were stronger as oart if the biggest economic group....on the globe. Leaving it so we would be obliged to sign up to lesser deals, as we have since seen, was always going to cost the country, as it has.

And that the scum behind the idea knew there was nothing factual or rational about the idea they used the Animal Farm trick of filling the heads of the sheep with vacuous slogans. Never mind 'four legs good' ..... we now had 'project fear...baa baa" . Something simple enough for stupid people to use rather than having to engage in the debate. A trick used to fool the stupid elsewhere as with "get it down, Brexit means Brexit, oven ready deal..............bullets not butter"

Replaced now with 'Johnson conned us', as the harsh realities of Brexit continue to wreck damage on the country. Listen to this stupid brexiteer who trusted Johnson, as he was going to deliver up something that could not be delivered. As was repeatedly said at the time.

She can't grasp that the sh it she bleated out in 2018 about taking back control was meaningless. If the UK implemented a policy of 'UK' boats only in UK waters, then the UK would be left with the type of fish it cannot sell in the UK, and would not be able to sell in the EU.

And were this stupid womans ideas to be in force. then it's doubtful there would be the amount of fish now in UK waters - as fish spawn outside UK waters and the free for all she wants would see fish caught long before it migrated to UK waters. And that is where the Common Fisheries Policy comes in, whereby all countries decide collectively how to divide up, and protect stocks.

That she believed Johnson when he said such cooperation would be discarded is as much damning of her, as it is him.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

"Under the new regulation, drivers will enjoy better rest conditions and be entitled to more time at home. For example, weekly rest of more than 45 hours can’t be taken in a vehicle, but in suitable accommodation with adequate facilities, paid for by the employer. Work should be organised to give drivers more time at home." EU ruling

Remember what Grant Schapp's "answer" is to the crisis caused by the massive shortfall of lorry drivers that has lead to empty shelves in supermarkets? Removal of safety measures so that drivers can drive for much longer hours.

So, a message to all patriotic car drivers out there in the UK: do your bit for brexit by tooting your horn as you overtake a lorry, the driver will be grateful that you have woken him up.

Honda in Swindon finished yesterday (last car off the line) Nobody seems too sad, they get 6 weeks wages for every year served and  get their cars at a 1/4 price. I put it on here because Honda are still saying it was nothing to do with Brexit as (They shut the factories in Belgium and Spain at the same time, it all went back to Japan.)

Honda closes Swindon plant after three decades of production - Business Live (business-live.co.uk)

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Honda in Swindon finished yesterday (last car off the line) Nobody seems too sad, they get 6 weeks wages for every year served and  get their cars at a 1/4 price. I put it on here because Honda are still saying it was nothing to do with Brexit as (They shut the factories in Belgium and Spain at the same time, it all went back to Japan.)

Honda closes Swindon plant after three decades of production - Business Live (business-live.co.uk)

Did they let you turn off the light switch?

50 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Imagine finding a positive spin to an extremely sad story! Do you struggle with understanding the emotional effect of people losing their jobs and livelihoods? How is being able to buy a car at 25% of its value any kind of compensation for being able to carry on putting food on the table? How is 6 weeks wages compensation for losing your work colleagues over night? How is this story a positive one for Swindon? It's catastrophic and terribly sad.

I'd prefer to get my take from the BBC and this piece gives a fuller account of most of the issues:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-57987601

.... rather than a posting from someone living in the very place where this has happened but who appears tone deaf to the real issues. Getting a cheap car? I mean, Jesus.

It is clear beyond all doubt that Brexit has been the death knell for this factory and has accelerated a decision to close the plant.

• Like 1