Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

19 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Well, that wasn't a surprise.

Frost & Johnson are a couple of idiots.

When they signed it they must have had ‘ a screw loose ‘.

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's not quite what he said 

You told us the shelves were not emptying, not quite what is happening !

Just had a discussion with the girl in the farm shop. Her husband has a small timber firm. Guess what he is struggling to source? So that's two personal acquaintances in the last few days who have told me they can't get the materials they need to carry out their jobs because of brexit. Multiply my experience across the country and you can see what an almighty shi*t storm brexit has visited upon the UK.

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We are not going to trigger Article 16. But we are entitled to, says Frost.

So why aren't you doing it?

Because the EU will take us to court for a breach of the agreement. And it is obvious who would win.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Just had a discussion with the girl in the farm shop. Her husband has a small timber firm. Guess what he is struggling to source? So that's two personal acquaintances in the last few days who have told me they can't get the materials they need to carry out their jobs because of brexit. Multiply my experience across the country and you can see what an almighty shi*t storm brexit has visited upon the UK.

I'm going to share my foolproof method on ensuring you can get salad items.

Go to your local kebab shop order a large doner, throw away the meat and the pitta bread. *

😀

* I stole this joke from Alexi Sayle.

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

Because the EU will take us to court for a breach of the agreement. And it is obvious who would win.

Article 16 provides both the UK and the EU with a unilateral power to take action should the application of the Protocol give rise to ‘serious economic, societal or environmental difficulties that are liable to persist, or to diversion of trade.’ Both parties are restricted in the action they can take to address any such issues.

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Article 16 provides both the UK and the EU with a unilateral power to take action should the application of the Protocol give rise to ‘serious economic, societal or environmental difficulties that are liable to persist, or to diversion of trade.’ Both parties are restricted in the action they can take to address any such issues.

It’s falling apart matey.

Rashford will destroy him, wrong move to try and discredit him.

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/northern-ireland-protocol-clash-risks-inevitable-uk-eu-trade-war-officials-fear/ar-AAMpdDw?ocid=msedgntp

One senior EU official said that Frost’s white paper from the UK undermined a more cordial tone which had been reached during the summer – that easing of relations had allowed for changes to EU rules to ease the flow of medicines from Britain to Northern Ireland. There was “less than zero chance” that the Brexit minister’s demands could be met, they said.

“We are running short of ways to engage in a productive way, while we remain willing to do so. This paper is unhelpful, unrealistic, and a poor use of time. We will not hesitate to pursue further legal actions if the UK fails to adhere to its international legal obligations,” the same official said.

He noted that the EU had already embarked on legal action against the UK in March over London’s decision to unilaterally delay customs checks on goods entering Northern Ireland from Britain.

Edited by horsefly

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Gosh, who would have known that 🙄

Swindle, a never ending source of stupidity

The problems being caused by a customs border in the North Sea were consistently laid out since 2015 - to the deafening bleat of brexiteers, fired up by lies from Farage, Rees-Mogg, Davis, Fox et al.

ln the run up to the 2019 election the bloated buffoon ignored advice and evidence and spewed out his usual wiffle waffle, piffle paffle as if he had swallowed a couple of Beano annuals - also spouting a couple of Cummings slogans about over ready deals and getting it done. No heed to what was certain to come -see UK fishing.

You would have had to have the stupidity of a brexiteer not to see what would happen to NI if the UK was not in the Single Market and NI was. Though that is what fat boy signed up to., leering into the camera with his thumbs raised, like the village idiot on a day out at the seasidWind back to 2018 and we have

"Theresa May is fully signed up to the need for a backstop and no infrastructure on the Irish border, but has pledged not to leave Northern Ireland in a different regulatory territory to Britain, something she says amounts to border in the Irish sea which no prime minister could accept.

Yet that was just what the odious slug did, so as to get elected on the basis of 'getting it done'. Never mind the inevitable shtstorn that was always going to follow. Lie, lie and the lie again to get the votes. Fck caring if UK fishermen are far worse than they ever were in the E or that farmers will be left with tons of rotting produce. A huge shortage of HGV drivers, building workers and health care staff has followed, as with a shortage of bar and hotel workers - along with barristers, oddly enough.

However, Johnson had the knowledge that previously eluded many. The number of stupid people who want to believe a lie, rather than face the truth.

A pssed man making it up/lying as he goes along. An apt comment on his adult life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Gosh, who would have known that 🙄

Swindle, a never ending source of stupidity

The problems being caused by a customs border in the North Sea were consistently laid out since 2015 - to the deafening bleat of brexiteers, fired up by lies from Farage, Rees-Mogg, Davis, Fox et al.

ln the run up to the 2019 election the bloated buffoon ignored advice and evidence and spewed out his usual wiffle waffle, piffle paffle as if he had swallowed a couple of Beano annuals - also spouting a couple of Cummings slogans about over ready deals and getting it done. No heed to what was certain to come -see UK fishing.

You would have had to have the stupidity of a brexiteer not to see what would happen to NI if the UK was not in the Single Market and NI was. Though that is what fat boy signed up to., leering into the camera with his thumbs raised, like the village idiot on a day out at the seasidWind back to 2018 and we have

"Theresa May is fully signed up to the need for a backstop and no infrastructure on the Irish border, but has pledged not to leave Northern Ireland in a different regulatory territory to Britain, something she says amounts to border in the Irish sea which no prime minister could accept.

Yet that was just what the odious slug did, so as to get elected on the basis of 'getting it done'. Never mind the inevitable shtstorn that was always going to follow. Lie, lie and the lie again to get the votes. Fck caring if UK fishermen are far worse than they ever were in the E or that farmers will be left with tons of rotting produce. A huge shortage of HGV drivers, building workers and health care staff has followed, as with a shortage of bar and hotel workers - along with barristers, oddly enough.

However, Johnson had the knowledge that previously eluded many. The number of stupid people who want to believe a lie, rather than face the truth.

A pssed man making it up/lying as he goes along. An apt comment on his adult life.

Well said Bill! But don't forget another of the crucial fu*ck-ups to add to your long list is a huge shortfall in the number of trained vets required to perform the massive increase in tests required for export of meat products to the EU (particularly when the full checks come into force in the autumn). Private Eye have been banging on for ages that nothing has been done to address what will be a disastrous bottleneck in the export chain. The reality of "getting brexit done" is that an awful lot of people and businesses have been well and truly done. Many businesses involved in meat/ agricultural exports are going to go bust, all for the imperative of satisfying the ego of a lying fat cnut desperate to tick off "become PM" on his bucket list (or should that be "fuc*k it" list).

14 hours ago, horsefly said:

I just wanted to put the record straight  Horsefly was wrong again 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I just wanted to put the record straight  Horsefly was wrong again 

Idiot! You clearly haven't read the post I just made this morning where the EU have said very clearly they will not hesitate to take the UK to court if it were to enact article 16 in the present circumstances. You are the most intellectually retarded buffoon I have ever encountered. Your inability to read and understand the most simple of articles is truly astonishing. Indeed, you persistently fail to show any understanding of any aspect of the brexit deal which explains entirely why you persistently have to lie in virtually every post with which you defile this thread.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Can we have a Swindo free day please? 

Haha! We could all refuse to respond to his idiotic posts. I'm in if everyone else is.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Idiot! You clearly haven't read the post I just made this morning where the EU have said very clearly they will not hesitate to take the UK to court if it were to enact article 16 in the present circumstances. You are the most intellectually retarded buffoon I have ever encountered. Your inability to read and understand the most simple of articles is truly astonishing. Indeed, you persistently fail to show any understanding of any aspect of the brexit deal which explains entirely why you persistently have to lie in virtually every post with which you defile this thread.

And which court will that be ?  The EU's own 

This will only end one way.

I bet Honda are thanking their lucky stars that they bit the bullet and got out of Swindon. I suspect BMW and Nissan are having anxious panic attack heart palpitations at present. Why did they believe Johnson?

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I bet Honda are thanking their lucky stars that they bit the bullet and got out of Swindon. I suspect BMW and Nissan are having anxious panic attack heart palpitations at present. Why did they believe Johnson?

I can think of at least 120,000,000 reasons why Nissan decided to believe Johnson's lies

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And which court will that be ?  The EU's own 

That seems to be the ruling body Johnson and Frost signed up to in their oven ready deal. Do you think they were idiots signing it ? They did help negotiate it, clearly not capable.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I can think of at least 120,000,000 reasons why Nissan decided to believe Johnson's lies

Where one of the most efficient car factories in Europe needs a massive taxpayer funded bribe to stay in the country. That's Brexit Folks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

ill informed !

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

ill informed !

Ill informed is that like

Lying about the 350 million a week

Lying about NI

The information you gave us about supermarkets the other day

Saying the EU can not manufacture any vaccine but manufacture 1.8 billion doses a year

Saying the fishing industry were going to do well

Saying farmers were going to do well

Having a wonderful deal

Understanding of the taking of the knee to encourage racism

Speaking of 'ill informed'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-b1888402.html

Business secretary Kwasi Kwarteng appears to have conceded that ministers did not know the full extent of what the Northern Ireland Protocol would, or could, mean for the island of Ireland until after Britain had already left the EU.

“Obviously nobody had any idea the actual effects of [the Protocol] until we left the EU,” he told Sky News earlier, adding the government had since “looked at it” and wanted to make amends. But presenter Kay Burley refuted this point. “When you said ‘nobody knew’, am I not right in saying that at least three previous prime ministers warned that this would happen?” she asked.

The Cabinet minister, correcting himself, said he meant to say “nobody could guarantee it would happen”. He went on to blame the European bloc for being “inflexible”.

Useless idiot.

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-b1888402.html

Business secretary Kwasi Kwarteng appears to have conceded that ministers did not know the full extent of what the Northern Ireland Protocol would, or could, mean for the island of Ireland until after Britain had already left the EU.

“Obviously nobody had any idea the actual effects of [the Protocol] until we left the EU,” he told Sky News earlier, adding the government had since “looked at it” and wanted to make amends. But presenter Kay Burley refuted this point. “When you said ‘nobody knew’, am I not right in saying that at least three previous prime ministers warned that this would happen?” she asked.

The Cabinet minister, correcting himself, said he meant to say “nobody could guarantee it would happen”. He went on to blame the European bloc for being “inflexible”.

Useless idiot.

Indeed Cummings confirmed this the other night, they knew exactly what they were doing.

49 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Useless idiot.

It has been absolutely clear for a good two years that there was always a problem for NI.

The Good Friday Agreement requires an open border with Ireland. To have an open border required NI to be in the EU customs union. 

Brexit has meant that the UK has left the customs union.

You cannot just wish it all away signing an agreement in anything like good faith and then argue it's not fair! 

The Labour idea of leaving the EU by removing freedom of movement but staying in a customs union was far more practical.....it would even have been far more attractive, if one can even use that term, to those Brexiters who wanted Johnny Foreigner away as far as possible from our shores. 

Johnson forced something he knew was not achievable. Frost was complicit. Utterly contemptible. 

What we have now is an economy in the process of being ruined and prospects for younger people (essentially tomorrow's businessmen and businesswomen) severely curtailed. It is an act of deliberate self-impoverishment.

Further, Brexit has simply legitimised a form of xenophobia... divisive,...turning cooperation into conflict.

It has rekindled the nationalist ambitions of Scotland and Wales whilst storing up more trouble ahead around Ireland.

So here is the UK of the 2020s .... sadly pathetic, inward / small  thinking. Run by opportunists and shameless liars frankly. 

The whole thing is deeply depressing. 

The time for a lasting change of a new politics and the strongest challenge against this sham of a government  (arguably the biggest challenge since WW2) has never been more important.

Edited by sonyc

48 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Ill informed is that like

Lying about the 350 million a week

Lying about NI

The information you gave us about supermarkets the other day

Saying the EU can not manufacture any vaccine but manufacture 1.8 billion doses a year

Saying the fishing industry were going to do well

Saying farmers were going to do well

Having a wonderful deal

Understanding of the taking of the knee to encourage racism

Ill informed  on the subject I was posting on 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No large company likes being a potential pawn in a likely developing trade war. Ask the Scotch whisky industry.

If the UK can't abide by its international trade commitments and regulations that it only negotiated and signed a few months ago  then there is little stability going forward as to what barriers might exist in the future to trade  - tariffs, quotas and regulatory. It's bad for business planning and the uncertainty is best avoided if at all possible.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Never has the moron said a truer word about his own posts

• Confused 1