Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's increasingly looking like a protest voteĀ 

Pretty much.

A protest against Conservative Party policies and Johnson himself.

A protest against the way the country is being run by these truth twisting bastards and the truth twisting bastards themselves.

There are a lot of Tory MPs sitting in what they thought were safe Tory seats now thinking that they might also be at risk of a protest vote.

So, agree with you there @SwindonCanary

Shouldn't they have been doing this about 4 years ago?

Weā€™re looking for a visionary, inventive and dedicated leader to help us shape the future policy direction of the UK.

Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's not the wurst idea I've heard.

Could be a real banger

25 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Could be a real banger

NI is de facto still in the EU customs unionĀ 

As such, the product you intend to manufacture will need to be referred to as an "emulsified high fat offal tube"

šŸ˜€

33 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

NI is de facto still in the EU customs unionĀ 

As such, the product you intend to manufacture will need to be referred to as an "emulsified high fat offal tube"

šŸ˜€

That has a certain ring to it ( as opposed to a certain ring in it )

Edited by Van wink

On 16/06/2021 at 18:39, horsefly said:

Oh dear, oh dear! Digging a deeper hole for yourself every time you post doesn't mean you can bury the fact that you are as thick as shi*te. A breach of treaty agreements is treated exactly the same as a breach of contract, which is exactly why the EU has threatened to take the UK to the European court of justice if it doesn't abide by its obligations. Trying pathetically to trade on a semantic difference between the words "treaty" and "contract" makes not the slightest difference to the substantive legal issues involved, as any first-year law student could tell you. What a shame you were too intellectually challenged to qualify for a place at university, you might have been forced to think before you opened your racist, misogynist, homophobic, paedophile apologising gob.

You seem quite upset.Ā 

Are you saying that anyone with a non British name is not entitled to be British ? Where is your proof that these people are not British ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

You seem quite upset.Ā 

Quite the opposite, I rather enjoy pointing out just how thick you are.

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Zeeshan Akhlaq

Aishah Sheikh

Thanos KalimerisĀ 

Why didn't they interview any British people?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What a twisted, tortured existence you must lead to be so consumed with racist bile that you are desperate to flaunt your hatred in such an embarrassing display of idiocy.

On 18/06/2021 at 09:46, horsefly said:

It was a swing of over 25%. That wouldĀ see off swathes of Tories. Do the maths (if you're capable). The reality of a disatrous brexit,Ā a calamatous response to Covid, and a government mired in corruption, is beginning to sink in with the voters.Ā 

This looks good.šŸ˜€

Ā 

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

This looks good.šŸ˜€

Ā 

Indeed! When the distraction of the Covid vaccine roll out ceases to mask the deplorable perfomance of the Johnson government a whole flock of chickens are going to come home to roost (something they can't do in Australian battery farms). The disastrous brexit deal costing billions and destroying countless livelihoods, the calamatous response to covid costing tens of thousands of lives, corruption rife at the heart of government, planning laws sacrificing the countryside toĀ shove massive profits into the pockets of Tory donor developers, taxpayer pounds siphoned to Tory politicians' pals in dodgy deals, etc, etc, etc.

Obfuscation and manipulation of a Machiavellian government has a time-limited effectiveness, and reality always dawns at some point. The remarkable result at Chesham and Amersham suggests the lying and incompetence of this government has reached that point. It was interesting to hear the opinion of life-long Tory voters who called into Radio 4's "Any answers" having just voted for the LibDems; to a person they claimed Johnson's current incarnation of the Tory Party was unrecognisable as a party they had always supported.Ā 

The CBI predict the UK economy will accelerate by 8.2 percent this year and continue to surge by more than six percent in 2022. In comparison, economists forecast the eurozone will spike by 4.2 percent with the EUā€™s largest economy, Germany, seeing just a 3.4 percent increase.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The CBI predict the UK economy will accelerate by 8.2 percent this year and continue to surge by more than six percent in 2022. In comparison, economists forecast the eurozone will spike by 4.2 percent with the EUā€™s largest economy, Germany, seeing just a 3.4 percent increase.

Perhaps it will match the growth of covid infections which also tops the European league. How many times does it need to be explained that record growth was inevitableĀ following onĀ from such a dreadful decline. I suggest you do the sensible thing (as if!) and take a look at the long term forecasts for the post-brexit UK economy.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.cityam.com/cbi-uk-economy-to-return-to-pre-covid-level-by-end-of-2021/

UK business investment is set to ā€œclaw back some of its lossesā€ as confidence improves, but will remain 5 per cent below its pre-Covid level at the end of 2022, the CBI said.

Britain suffered its biggest fall in output in 300 years in 2020, as the economy shrank by almost 10 per cent thanks to Covid lockdowns.

Ā 

Ā 

27 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.cityam.com/cbi-uk-economy-to-return-to-pre-covid-level-by-end-of-2021/

UK business investment is set to ā€œclaw back some of its lossesā€ as confidence improves, but will remain 5 per cent below its pre-Covid level at the end of 2022, the CBI said.

Britain suffered its biggest fall in output in 300 years in 2020, as the economy shrank by almost 10 per cent thanks to Covid lockdowns.

Ā 

Ā 

Boris 'Honey, I shrank the economy' Johnson.

Lets see were we stay at the end of the year, when furlough is ended, companies start working fully again and the real unemployment figures are available, and, more importantly, these promised 8.2 rise in the economy can be see in relation to the now trotting , not galloping yet, inflation rate which is shoving every mistake and woes due to incompetent politicians on to the consumers bills and prices for goods.

The Tories will not change course to a more sustainable society, they are mired in oil, together with banks like Barclays and financial institutions that undermine policies by acting for greed and continuance of this 'new more controlled and policed normal'.

My spare crop in the garden this year will be given away to those who need it.

Crunchtime cometh when crops are rotting in the fields because of politicians being unable/unwilling to allow the right kind of labour to come an pick it, when social care reforms are burning and edicts are ruining the country.

Have a great sunday, I'm getting the flippers out for some puddle snorkeling.

Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Itā€™s quite telling that RTB constantly pulls up @horsefly for putting Brexit stories on the COVID thread, but does not pull you up for constantly putting COVID stories on the Brexit thread. What a strange world we live in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

What a twisted, tortured existence you must lead to be so consumed with racist bile that you are desperate to flaunt your hatred in such an embarrassing display of idiocy.

So when the British government signed a treaty with Pfizer for the supply of vaccines, what was the name of the treaty?

So when the British government signed a treaty with Pfizer for the supply of vaccines, what was the name of the treaty?

Shouldnā€™t stories of the vaccine be on the COVID thread, or did I misunderstand Kate Bingham saying the way we purchased vaccines had nothing to do with Brexit ?.

If you feel however the vaccines are something to do with Brexit, maybe you can give us a bit of info on the Pfizer, Germany, EU contracts that have been signed ( and delivery hasĀ begun ) for Germany and the EU to manufacture and purchase 1.8 billion doses of Pfizer.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! You've had all this time to google the issue,Ā read theĀ  articles I posted links to, and yet you are still too thick to understand the very simple statement, "For legal purposes treaties are treated as contracts". So very embarrassing!

Perhaps it will match the growth of covid infections which also tops the European league. How many times does it need to be explained that record growth was inevitableĀ following onĀ from such a dreadful decline. I suggest you do the sensible thing (as if!) and take a look at the long term forecasts for the post-brexit UK economy.

I see Swindon posted a confused emoji in response, so let's make it Baldrick simple for you Swindo. If I have 10 beans and through an actĀ of sublime stupidity I lose 9 of them, I am left with 1Ā bean. Let's suppose I have the nous to plant that remaining bean with the result that I end up with 2 beans. That will be a 100% increase in the number of beans I had. 100% looks to be a splendid increase yet the truth remains I now have only 2 beans whereas before my act of stupidity I had 10 beans. Welcome to the world of brexit economics Swindo!

• Like 1