Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Ah sputnik. Russian state sponsored news agency. Well done Swindo. 

• Haha 1

As the trade deal with we completed with Switzerland in February this year was mostly a copy and paste of their deal with the EU I wondered how the current impasse between Switzerland and the EU would affect our deal.

The UK Gov. web site mentions the EU and the EEA in several of the clauses. This one caught my attention.

The UK-Switzerland agreement does not cover trade in services. However, we have taken steps to ensure that services trade can continue between the UK and Switzerland.

If you’re a UK business providing services in Switzerland, you’ll need to follow Swiss regulations.

They don't have a clue. You'd think that by now they would have a couple of decent ideas.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/05/31/post-brexit-freedoms-not-embraced-ministers-report-finds/

Post-Brexit freedoms are not being embraced by ministers, report finds 

Ministers have approached law changes "like a game of Space Invaders – played blindfolded," according to a think tank

So Swindon will blame the EU when trouble kicks off in NI, cars are burnt, windows smashed, looting etc because Boris signed a deal which put a border in the Irish Sea which he now denies in front of every DUP bully but admits it when he asks the EU to be reasonable.

Being reasonable being invoking article 16? No wonder Boris is overweight, he does eat his cake.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

We all wish Stanley had pulled out earlier.

Haha! I think his wife wishes he had never put it in in the first place

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Boris has always go the option to pull out of the agreement altogether 

beware !  

So if the deal is that bad why sign it ? What a clown.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

WOW!!! 50 new jobs, amazing! And £140million investment compared to the £113billion lost in services exports reported in Surfer's post above, and the the £1billion lost in dairy exports from January to March this year, and ... etc, etc, etc.  I'll let you do the maths.

• Confused 1

With unemployment so high they are saying they can't get the staff to clean tables and other mundane jobs. Simple enough they don't pay these people enough  

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

With unemployment so high they are saying they can't get the staff to clean tables and other mundane jobs. Simple enough they don't pay these people enough  

So, despite unemployment being high, they still can't fill mundane jobs... I'd imagine fruit picking is a similarly needy industry in that respect. I wonder who used to make up the bulk of the workforce and why we are suddenly having issues filling these jobs when we never have had problems in the past?

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So, despite unemployment being high, they still can't fill mundane jobs... I'd imagine fruit picking is a similarly needy industry in that respect. I wonder who used to make up the bulk of the workforce and why we are suddenly having issues filling these jobs when we never have had problems in the past?

What we need is some sort of scheme that allows workers to move here freely, particularly from countries close to us and from the former Eastern Bloc where I understand the wages are lower. It would be a great boon for agriculture, care homes & the NHS. Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by BigFish
  • Haha 3

I think we first need to force the unemployed British workers into these jobs before we add additional overseas economic parasites into the British economy. If it requires cutting or even eliminating unemployment benefits so be it, we have solved this kind of problem before, and we can do it again....... 

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thanks for pointing out another lie that was told us by Farage and Jools. They both told us the Europeans are taking the British jobs and Brits would be queuing up for the jobs. The farms are in an horrendous situation nobody wants to pick what they grow.

Oh well as Stan would say ‘ another fine mess you’ve got us into ‘.

Maybe Farage should try doing the jobs or maybe he is to comfortable on his EU pension and the expenses he ripped off the EU for which British tax payers will be paying for for years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Just Brexiteers having fun 😂

Blimey, 9 officers for one unarmed guy just wanting a kebab and a pint.

Should have just bought him a drink and he would have gone peaceful! 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

Thanks for pointing out another lie that was told us by Farage and Jools. They both told us the Europeans are taking the British jobs and Brits would be queuing up for the jobs. The farms are in an horrendous situation nobody wants to pick what they grow.

Oh well as Stan would say ‘ another fine mess you’ve got us into ‘.

Maybe Farage should try doing the jobs or maybe he is to comfortable on his EU pension and the expenses he ripped off the EU for which British tax payers will be paying for for years.

So you think bar workers are paid a good wage ?  I'd like to see you live off it.