Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Nil Points 😂

Brits will wear it as a badge of honour 🤣

Or how crap the singer was. On reflection crap song, crap singer and crap behavior to the rest of of Europe probably did do us in this year. 

The French singer was in a class of her own, fully deserved our 12 points. 

Edited by Surfer

22 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why are we wasting time and valuable TV hours on a Saturday night on the Eurovision Song Contest. We've left the EU. We need a Great British Song Contest hosted by a Great British patriots like Laurence Fox and Stanley Johnson.

Instead we're going to have to suffer the humiliation of Europe ganging up on us 'cos we had the courage to leave their corrupt organisation. The EUSSR can stick their stupid 'bing bong' songs, I'll be listening to Chas and Dave singing about trips to Margate and The Singing Postman reminiscing about his little Miss from Diss.

Let's not forget that the best Eurovision winner ever was a celebration of Wellingtons victory over Napolean, they should've ended it there.

Well done Europe. Shows what can be achieved when you all pull in the same direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57198762

Oh dear, the UK goes it alone and fails.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57215629

I expect they'll lay the blame elsewhere, probably the EU punishing us for daring to organise our own event, the EUSSR really can't stand us being a independent country, controlling our borders, making our own laws and deciding which technology fails us.

12 hours ago, Herman said:

"The OZ-UK trade deal in Red Wall areas has 87% approval ratings."

This poll was taken by the IFT, which has Daniel Hannan as its head and is filled with partisan, brexit headbangers. It's as honest as you.

"Before this deal 91% of beef imported to the UK came from the EU and only 1% from Australia. Yet somehow NFU leaders (and not the farmers themselves) maintain that tariff-free beef is fine from the EU but not from Australia."

It's the scale of Australian farms that is the problem. We have herds in the hundreds. They have herds well into the thousands. They can produce meat at a far cheaper price that would make our farmers unsustainable.

Indeed! And how stupid do you have to be to cite a poll that says 87% of "red wall" areas approve of the deal, as if such a poll provides some kind of evidence for it's acceptability. I've no doubt that Hannan ensured that all those northern townies polled had many hours of education on the intricacies of beef farming and free trade deal regulations. Or perhaps they were effectively asked if they would support a deal if it meant they could buy much cheaper meat. Only a moron of mind-numbing childishness would think that a country should conduct trade deals according to public opinion polls.

Here's an article which points out the massive difference in scale of Australian beef farms compared to UK farms, to which you make reference:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/put-out-to-pasture-britain-s-farmers-fear-surge-of-imports-from-australia/ar-AAKgDxc?ocid=msedgntp

British farmers fear the sheer scale of the Australian industry: farms can have as many as 40,000 cows, compared with what Batters says is an average of 30 in the UK.

Approximately 2.3 million tonnes of beef has been produced annually in Australia in recent years, more than double the 900,000 tonnes produced in the UK. On average, Australia also produces over 700,000 tonnes of sheep meat annually – almost two-and-a-half times the UK output.

Here's another article from the "lefty" Daily Mail which accuses Johnson of swapping "Brussels for Brisbane":

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/farmers-accuse-boris-johnson-of-swapping-brussels-rules-for-brisbane/ar-AAKh9xp?ocid=msedgntp

Minette Batters, President of the National Farmers’ Union, wrote that she was ‘increasingly concerned’ that Ms Truss was negotiating a deal which would make it ‘all but impossible’ for British family farms ‘to compete with vast volumes of imports from the Southern Hemisphere produced in a very different manner’. 

It would now appear that Australia is calling all the shots. We don’t want to swap Brussels for Brisbane.’ Ms Batters added: ‘It will set a precedent, and other countries will expect the same. I know from my conversations with New Zealand, American, Canada and Argentina that they see the UK as the most prized food market in the world, yet the Government has given away the most prized weapon in their trading armoury.’

Johnson's idiotic (historically inaccurate and crass) response:

‘I think it is vital that as a great historic free-trading nation that grew to prosperity thanks to free trade, and thanks indeed to the Royal Navy, that we see these new openings not as threats but as opportunities.’

I suggest farmers ask the people of Northern Ireland, and fishermen, and SME owners etc, etc, etc whether Johnson's "fine words" butter any parsnips. Indeed, I wonder if the Australians grow any parsnips too? They certainly grow massive amounts of sugar beet as Norfolk farmers will be all too aware.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Well done Europe. Shows what can be achieved when you all pull in the same direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57198762

Oh dear, the UK goes it alone and fails.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57215629

I expect they'll lay the blame elsewhere, probably the EU punishing us for daring to organise our own event, the EUSSR really can't stand us being a independent country, controlling our borders, making our own laws and deciding which technology fails us.

Haha! I've heard rumours that Liz Truss is going to be charged with organising a UK alternative to the Eurovision Song Contest. It's going to be based on a competition to determine who screams the loudest after they have kicked themselves in the bollox as hard as possible. Apparently farmers and fishermen and members of the DUP are going to be given priority for places in the finals.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

just shows how badly they feel about us leaving  🙂 

We’re they just EU members ? Keep up

10 hours ago, Jools said:

Brits will wear it as a badge of honour 🤣

Indeed

If Boris has taught us anything it’s to treat failure as success.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

I'm sure Jool's thinks the result was stolen - after all we all know we really got the most votes.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed

Lord Frost has announced that we will be requesting that we rewrite our song as the EBU have not listened to our entry in the spirit of the competition, failure to acsede to the request will result further meaningless pronouncements.

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm sure Jool's thinks the result was stolen - after all we all know we really got the most votes.

I was thinking that can’t be right as they weren’t postal votes, but you are correct 1/2 were phone votes so as you rightly say Jools definition is not in person so therefore fraudulent.

#whostoletheukvotes

Like Norwich v Colchester sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit you were dog****. Trying to blame someone else won't hide that fact.

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:
  11 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

just shows how badly they feel about us leaving  🙂 

We’re they just EU members ? Keep up

UK's average Eurovision finish: UK falls 14 places in Eurovision rankings since 2013 | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Can’t remember Australia being part of the EU or Russia, Israel to name but a few. I would say

#whostoletheukvotes

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Can’t remember Australia being part of the EU or Russia, Israel to name but a few. I would say

#whostoletheukvotes

did you read the article ?

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

I was thinking that can’t be right as they weren’t postal votes, but you are correct 1/2 were phone votes so as you rightly say Jools definition is not in person so therefore fraudulent.

#whostoletheukvotes

Apparently Jools has been busy on the phone with Giuliani and the Kraken. They've convinced him that all the votes bar those from the UK are illegitimate as they were cast by foreigners, so any moment now the courts will declare the UK the rightful winners by getting fewer votes. Failure of the courts to rectify this fraud will result in the invasion of Strasbourg by a horde of fat, bearded, pasty, IQ challenged brexiteers (sorry I mean a visit to Strasbourg by friendly, well-meaning tourists). 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/uk-farmers-fear-being-undercut-as-canada-seeks-same-terms-as-australia/ar-AAKihzW?ocid=msedgntp

Exactly what one expects when other countries recognise the UK is desperate for deals and is negotiating from a position of appalling weakness. We're becoming a carcas for the vultures to pick over. I wonder how many farmers now wish they had stuck up remain posters in their fields? 

Edited by horsefly

On 22/05/2021 at 19:22, Herman said:

"The OZ-UK trade deal in Red Wall areas has 87% approval ratings."

This poll was taken by the IFT, which has Daniel Hannan as its head and is filled with partisan, brexit headbangers. It's as honest as you.

"Before this deal 91% of beef imported to the UK came from the EU and only 1% from Australia. Yet somehow NFU leaders (and not the farmers themselves) maintain that tariff-free beef is fine from the EU but not from Australia."

It's the scale of Australian farms that is the problem. We have herds in the hundreds. They have herds well into the thousands. They can produce meat at a far cheaper price that would make our farmers unsustainable.

And yet we just left the EU which in December 2019 had 77,000,000 cattle. What's the matter with you?

Ah Jesus, you can't be bothered to look at the simple economics of the thing. No wonder you've trashed the country.

Look at size of herds, size of populations, the difference in standards, pricing and then come back to us with your plastic patriotism.

• Like 1

In recent days, a lot has been made of the potential for a UK-Australia FTA to do irreparable damage to British farmers. These claims are misguided. For example, Australia’s beef exports to the UK peaked back in 1955, accounting for 65 per cent of total exports. This trade was decimated when the UK joined the EU in 1973 – and today, exports to the UK make up a minute 0.15 per cent of Australia’s total. 

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

In recent days, a lot has been made of the potential for a UK-Australia FTA to do irreparable damage to British farmers. These claims are misguided. For example, Australia’s beef exports to the UK peaked back in 1955, accounting for 65 per cent of total exports. This trade was decimated when the UK joined the EU in 1973 – and today, exports to the UK make up a minute 0.15 per cent of Australia’s total. 

FFS! We're not talking about the past arrangements 50 years ago you buffoon, it's the current proposals that threaten UK farming. Keep up, it's not difficult to understand.

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Copying stuff from conservativehome.com.

🤣

52 minutes ago, Herman said:

There's going to be a lot of dead cats this week. 

Indeed after being told we should believe DC last year, we will be told you cannot believe a word he says this year.

As far as I can make out he is a very thorough man. Don’t be shocked if he has a plan ie get people to deny their actions ( setting the trap ) and then showing evidence to prove what he said was correct. 
Don’t like the man, but you do have to concede he knows ‘ how to present a story ‘ for its best ( for him ) outcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed after being told we should believe DC last year, we will be told you cannot believe a word he says this year.

As far as I can make out he is a very thorough man. Don’t be shocked if he has a plan ie get people to deny their actions ( setting the trap ) and then showing evidence to prove what he said was correct. 
Don’t like the man, but you do have to concede he knows ‘ how to present a story ‘ for its best ( for him ) outcome.

Rightly or wrongly he knows how to win - and this time (unlike Brexity myths) he's fully armed with irrefutable facts.

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

188677586_4309423219102247_8440306100627

Include the link. How many times do you need telling you moron. Or is it that you're embarrassed to reference this pile of shi*te?