Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

We wanted to know that the French were fishing there before Brexit,  so they sent out paperwork to prove it, 4 months ago, so far only one has been returned so they can't fish there !

11 minutes ago, dj11 said:

UKIP has taken up residence in the Tory party. 

I think it is safe enough to officially designate them Blukip. 

Conservative party 52%

Labour party 29%

In the only opinion poll that matters  

Labour becoming little more than a protest party soon to be replaced by the Green party as the main opposition within the country. 

55 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We wanted to know that the French were fishing there before Brexit,  so they sent out paperwork to prove it, 4 months ago, so far only one has been returned so they can't fish there !

Its the French being the French. They don't pay much regard to other peoples laws. Lets be honest they don't  pay much regard to their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Conservative party 52%

Labour party 29%

In the only opinion poll that matters  

Labour becoming little more than a protest party soon to be replaced by the Green party as the main opposition within the country. 

What an insightful and intellectual analysis. Never before in human history have Labour slumped to such a defeat, clearly they are doomed to extinction. Oh wait... the 1983 election saw Labour's vote slump to 27.6% and a Tory majority of 144 seats; then the 1997 election saw Labour's vote increase to 43.5% and a Labour majority of 179 seats. Forgive me if I don't wet my pants with joy or despair at today's results. 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Its the French being the French. They don't pay much regard to other peoples laws. Lets be honest they don't  pay much regard to their own.

And we call them spineless. The Mail said it was like the war when their fishing boats left St Helier. At least the French get off their jacksies. 42% voted in Hartlepool. What a bunch of wasters the UK is becoming. 

Perhaps they were more concerned Hartlepool had been invite into the ESL.

31 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What an insightful and intellectual analysis. Never before in human history have Labour slumped to such a defeat, clearly they are doomed to extinction. Oh wait... the 1983 election saw Labour's vote slump to 27.6% and a Tory majority of 144 seats; then the 1997 election saw Labour's vote increase to 43.5% and a Labour majority of 179 seats. Forgive me if I don't wet my pants with joy or despair at today's results. 

Interesting that you have to go back 24 years to the last time Labour unseated a Tory government. 

Also interesting that the PM of that time is now a hate figure among Labour members. 

Today's Hartlepool result is what happens when progressives are more concerned with BLM and trans rights than they are about catching criminals and getting the bins emptied. 

I hope you reflect on this and learn something from it. 

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Interesting that you have to go back 24 years to the last time Labour unseated a Tory government. 

Also interesting that the PM of that time is now a hate figure among Labour members. 

Today's Hartlepool result is what happens when progressives are more concerned with BLM and trans rights than they are about catching criminals and getting the bins emptied. 

Or the ESL being greedy with football.  Or with 126K deaths from Covid, many of which could have been avoided without a liar in charge.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Or the ESL being greedy with football.  Or with 126K deaths from Covid, many of which could have been avoided without a liar in charge.

So you're basically saying the people of Hartlepool must be thick and didn't know what they voted for. 

How long is this feeble excuse going to be trotted out for?

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Want a sheepskin cushion to rest your raging hurty butt?.....

I'm glad I could see this coming and pre-blocked all the salty gammon. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear! Yet more scintilating analysis. Clearly all the 42%of voters who turned out for the Hartlepool election were desperately concerned about Labour's views on BLM and trans rights, and their avowed policies of not emptying bins or catching criminals. The result, of course, had nothing at all to do with a bounce from a very successful vaccine roll-out after a year long pandemic.

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Yet more scintilating analysis. Clearly all the 42%of voters who turned out for the Hartlepool election were desperately concerned about Labour's views on BLM and trans rights, and their avowed policies of not emptying bins or catching criminals. The result, of course, had nothing at all to do with a bounce from a very successful vaccine roll-out after a year long pandemic.

Very little to do with a vaccine bounce. Hartlepool would have fallen at the 2019 election had the vote not split by the Brexit/Ukip party. The writing was already on the wall in 2019. 

47 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How can they? They aren't in power.

Look at the results, everywhere that voted over 56% for Brexit have seen huge increase in their councils for Conservatives  

34 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Very little to do with a vaccine bounce. Hartlepool would have fallen at the 2019 election had the vote not split by the Brexit/Ukip party. The writing was already on the wall in 2019. 

So the Brexit/UKIP returned to their roots then. Maggie wouldn't have that many U turns at once

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Look at the results, everywhere that voted over 56% for Brexit have seen huge increase in their councils for Conservatives  

Oh, so it is down to Brexit then. Make your minds up.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So the Brexit/UKIP returned to their roots then. Maggie wouldn't have that many U turns at once

Oh, so it is down to Brexit then. Make your minds up.

explaining this =it's nice to know that I've got more than one brain 🙂

8NwUpy3U?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by SwindonCanary

56 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

An entirely different scenario. A simple bit of knowledge about the pitfalls of comparing different significant variables in statistical analysis should disabuse you of such naively simplistic speculation.

Heard an interesting comment on R4.

The Tory's are now economically left, culturally right.

A ring of truth in that.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

An entirely different scenario. A simple bit of knowledge about the pitfalls of comparing different significant variables in statistical analysis should disabuse you of such naively simplistic speculation.

Still lost.....

39 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

A ring of truth in that.

Red Tory😀

47 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

A ring of truth in that.

economically left because they had to spend to get out of this virus, culturally right as they always have been

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Still lost.....

Really? Thanks for that useful contribution.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Delighted to see Welsh Labour is holding up, particularly against Plaid, shame the party in England is stuffed with patronising clowns who completely alienate the grass roots of the party, people like Billy😉

Just now, Van wink said:

Delighted to see Welsh Labour is holding up, particularly against Plaid, shame the party in England is stuffed with patronising clowns who completely alienate the grass roots of the party, people like Billy😉

And there was me thinking you had decided to act all grown up. oh well! if playground behaviour is the only thing that makes you happy...

20 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Really? Thanks for that useful contribution.

You're welcome......loser......

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

explaining this =it's nice to know that I've got more than one brain 🙂

I think you are mistaking yourself for a Diplodocus:

"The diplodocus brain was roughly the size of a human fist. It was once thought it had two brains — one near the hips and one in the head — but the second brain turned out to be a lump in the spinal cord."

(Natural History Museum)

I think you've only inherited the hip lump.

Edited by horsefly