Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

55 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Is there no one you don't patronise?

Aye, his alter egos 🙃

That said, I've witnessed him arguing with them 😀

• Haha 1

Simple facts people, only simple people can argue against those. 

Fish  => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : a disaster

Brexit => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : those with open eyes and mind can all see it's headed for the same disaster

Farage.jpg

Fish.jpg

59 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Simple facts people, only simple people can argue against those. 

Fish  => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : a disaster

Brexit => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : those with open eyes and mind can all see it's headed for the same disaster

Farage.jpg

Fish.jpg

Norwegian cod stay in the sea. British herring too. 'UK Fisheries' a private limited company with German, Dutch and Icelandic owners -- No real British interests there.

Buying their cod is no different to buying Norwegian cod from Norwegians..

Try seeking and comprehending the real story and not just the headlines 👍

The Positive Brexit Thread... 👇

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/historic-trade-act-becomes-law

4df088ea-a2bd-4e5a-9a27-e8d14bfdebbc-df337a79-e9c5-4b32-90f0-89738cf4710a

The Green bit is why the EU are having a collective (26) bout of diarrhea ...

And that, Remainiacs, was what it was all about-- Though you could phrase that sentence twenty different ways and they still wouldn't get it -- Not then, not now, not ever.

Edited by Jools

So the economy is cratering and yet you still intend to bury your head in the sand and point to stupid Tory press releases about meaningless pieces of paper. I bet you would have supported Neville Chamberlin too ..... 

5 hours ago, Jools said:

The Positive Brexit Thread... 👇

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/historic-trade-act-becomes-law

4df088ea-a2bd-4e5a-9a27-e8d14bfdebbc-df337a79-e9c5-4b32-90f0-89738cf4710a

The Green bit is why the EU are having a collective (26) bout of diarrhea ...

And that, Remainiacs, was what it was all about-- Though you could phrase that sentence twenty different ways and they still wouldn't get it -- Not then, not now, not ever.

So, since you think the "green bit" is such amazing news do tell us which ones of the 67 deals are simply roll-overs of the deals we already had as members of the EU.  And of the rest, which ones are like the Japanese deal which by far benefits the Japanese, or the Australian deal which benefits the Australians by £4bn compared to our hopeful £900m (and ensures a massive trade deficit with Australia). Each deal proves more and more what a pathetically weak trading position the UK now finds itself in. Every country in the world knows the UK is desperate to do hasty trade deals in order to distract from the disastrous effects of brexit, so like the Japanese and Australians they will exploit this advantage at our cost.

The only "certainty" that British beef farmers are aware of is that they can't sell their beef to the EU, and their UK market is almost certainly to be swamped by cheap hormone fed Australian crap. The only "certainty" faced by the dairy industry is that they have lost £1.1bn since January with a drop of 96% in their sales to the EU. The only certainty faced by fishermen is that they can't sell their produce to the EU and can longer fish in Norwegian waters. The only "certainty" faced by the Road Haulliers Association is that its members face a drastic shortage of drivers now that brexit prevents the employment of EU citizens. The only "certainty" faced by SMEs is that the onerous abundance and costs of the huge increase in bureaucracy and paperwork will only get worse as the full regulations of brexit come into force in the near future. I could go on, but we all know that you are incapable of providing a single actual example of the putative "benefits" of brexit. Like a good little Tory sycophant all you can do is post this fantasy waffle from the demented Liz Truss. As the saying goes, "Fine words butter no parsnips" (At least we can grow parsnips in our own gardens even if it turns out that farmers can't get the staff to dig them out of the fields, or the drivers to take them to market. Let's just hope enough dairies survive to produce the butter).

Edited by horsefly

Some heroes of certain people appear in their very own UNESCO report. What nice people.

The Norway UK fishing deal in simple terms. 

They get what they had. 

We lose what we had. 

That’s Brexit folks...... 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Norwegian cod stay in the sea. British herring too. 'UK Fisheries' a private limited company with German, Dutch and Icelandic owners -- No real British interests there.

Try telling that to the British people who could be losing their jobs.

Interesting that Jools is using facts, that we told him about years ago, to prove something isn't important. 

20 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I am switching off all my social media channels from 3:12pm on Friday 30 April, until 23:59pm on Monday 3 May, in response to the Pink'un ongoing online abuse.

According to your profile you’ve logged in today. Is that yet another lie from Swindo?

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Try telling that to the British people who could be losing their jobs.

Let them eat Hake😉

I think the mood of the fishermen is to use Johnson and by extension Farage to bait their crab and lobster pots at present.

Then again they better get him quick before the DUP do....

Actually there's a queue....

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

So the economy is cratering and yet you still intend to bury your head in the sand and point to stupid Tory press releases about meaningless pieces of paper. I bet you would have supported Neville Chamberlin too ..... 

chamberlain-peace-in-our-time-1938z.jpg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think the mood of the fishermen is to use Johnson and by extension Farage to bait their crab and lobster pots at present.

Then again they better get him quick before the DUP do....

Actually there's a queue....

As long as they are rattan lobster pots made by Lulu Lytle and paid for by Lord Brownlow Carrie won't mind.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't mention Hake in St Ives.

Thought you lot down there were supposed to be stuffing your faces with 'Cornish Sole', how is that going? 😂

Don't think its reached this far north yet, and frankly I doubt that it ever will - although given Johnson's total f**k up over a deal with Norway over rights to fish for cod we'll probably be offered it battered and sold as Yorkshire Sole and chips.

I can just imagine how well that will be received 😂

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Thought you lot down there were supposed to be stuffing your faces with 'Cornish Sole', how is that going? 😂

Don't think its reached this far north yet, and frankly I doubt that it ever will - although given Johnson's total f**k up over a deal with Norway over rights to fish for cod we'll probably be offered it battered and sold as Yorkshire Sole and chips.

I can just imagine how well that will be received 😂

Why the hell they give them names is beyond me. Fish are fish and swim where they like. Just because they are caught somewhere is meaningless.

The Cornish do like to put the name in front of everything. Like Cornish Strawberries. No they aren't. Strawberries are North American.😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! yet again you display an alarming level of stupidity in showing you don't understand plain English. My point clearly says that prejudice against local accents is unjustified you moron. Strange really! Given that you are the most prejudiced person on this site (one only needs to witness your recent racist and patronising comments about native Indians, and your misogynist and disgusting attacks on the young girls who were assaulted by Epstein who you described as "well paid prostitutes", among so many other examples), one would have thought you would be the most qualified to recognise prejudice when you see it. Perhaps you should reflect upon the fact that so many of your posts (indeed, entire threads) have had to be removed because of your disgusting comments. But, of course, the idea that you would ever consider "reflecting" on anything thing is fanciful in the extreme.

This is what you wrote:

It was hilarious, but also seriously embarrassing to hear such stupidity pour out in a local accent that will only serve to confirm the "yokel" prejudices of many people.

There is nothing in that statement that says prejudice against local accents is unjustified. Instead you used the words hilarious, seriously embarrassing, stupidity and yokel to describe a local accent. You are obviously not from Norfolk and clearly feel yourself to be superior to Norfolk people. Time to wind up this character, Bill. It's becoming more offensive than all the others put together.

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This is what you wrote:

It was hilarious, but also seriously embarrassing to hear such stupidity pour out in a local accent that will only serve to confirm the "yokel" prejudices of many people.

There is nothing in that statement that says prejudice against local accents is unjustified. Instead you used the words hilarious, seriously embarrassing, stupidity and yokel to describe a local accent. You are obviously not from Norfolk and clearly feel yourself to be superior to Norfolk people. Time to wind up this character, Bill. It's becoming more offensive than all the others put together.

I actually agree with Dock the Boat on this occasion. Although you’re still the forum’s resident misogynist, homophobe, racist and nonce apologist. 

15 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This is what you wrote:

Oh dear! Your absurd comments just confirm and compound the observation that you are unable to understand simple English sentences. People of an average IQ will have no problem understanding the sentence you quote, but since you clearly don't reach such heights allow me to help you out.

The sentence expresses two main concerns; firstly that the comments she made were hilariously stupid, and secondly that the fact she made such stupid comments in a local accent would only fuel the prejudices of many people that such accents indicate a "yokel" mentality.

Normal people understand that by using the word "prejudice" I am already indicating that such "prejudice" is wrong because that's what the word "prejudice" entails, as the following dictionary definition makes clear:

prejudice
[ˈprɛdʒʊdɪs]

NOUN
  1. preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    "English prejudice against foreigners" · 
    synonyms:
    preconceived idea · preconception · preconceived notion · prejudgement
  2. law
    harm or injury that results or may result from some action or judgement.
    "prejudice resulting from delay in the institution of the proceedings"
    synonyms:
    detriment · harm · disadvantage · damage · injury · hurt · impairment · loss · disbenefit
VERB
  1. give rise to prejudice in (someone); make biased.
    "the statement might prejudice the jury"
    synonyms:
    bias · influence · sway · predispose · make biased · make partial · make partisan · colour · poison · jaundice · warp · twist · slant · distort · prepossess
  2. law
    cause harm to (a state of affairs).
    "delay is likely to prejudice the child's welfare"
    synonyms:
    damage · be detrimental to · be prejudicial to · be disadvantageous to · injure · 

The fact that you don't grasp this meaning perhaps explains why so many of your posts explode with prejudice against people of colour, women, and people who are non-heterosexual. You obviously think your prejudices are justified, which, of course, we can see from the definition above is oxymoronic (with emphasis on the "moronic"). 
    Further, the fact that you don't understand the linguistic convention of using scare quotes to surround an expression as an indication that one doesn't accept the validity of its use, also shows that your understanding of the English language is below average. My use of the expression "yokel" (note the scare quotes), indicates that I don't think it is valid or acceptable. Sadly, in your intense and desperate desire to find something for which to criticise me, you just make a complete fool of yourself. 
    I understand that you can't help putting your parts on (as we Norfolk folk like to say) when you see my name, particularly because I refuse to let you get away with your morally degenerate attack on young girls sexually abused by Epstein who you called "well paid prostitutes". Perhaps you would be better served apologising for those disgusting comments, than trying to linguistically mangle my sentences in ways that are laughably crass.

I recommend you purchase yourself a good dictionary, and a copy of Fowler's Modern English Usage. They might just help you avoid posting the sort of illiterate tripe that you have done here.

Edited by horsefly

12 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Your absurd comments just confirm and compound the observation that you are unable to understand simple English sentences. People of an average IQ will have no problem understanding the sentence you quote, but since you clearly don't reach such heights allow me to help you out.

The sentence expresses two main concerns; firstly that the comments she made were hilariously stupid, and secondly that the fact she made such stupid comments in a local accent would only fuel the prejudices of many people that such accents indicate a "yokel" mentality.

Normal people understand that by using the word "prejudice" I am already indicating that such "prejudice" is wrong because that's what the word "prejudice" entails, as the following dictionary definition makes clear:

prejudice
[ˈprɛdʒʊdɪs]

NOUN
  1. preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    "English prejudice against foreigners" · 
    synonyms:
    preconceived idea · preconception · preconceived notion · prejudgement
  2. law
    harm or injury that results or may result from some action or judgement.
    "prejudice resulting from delay in the institution of the proceedings"
    synonyms:
    detriment · harm · disadvantage · damage · injury · hurt · impairment · loss · disbenefit
VERB
  1. give rise to prejudice in (someone); make biased.
    "the statement might prejudice the jury"
    synonyms:
    bias · influence · sway · predispose · make biased · make partial · make partisan · colour · poison · jaundice · warp · twist · slant · distort · prepossess
  2. law
    cause harm to (a state of affairs).
    "delay is likely to prejudice the child's welfare"
    synonyms:
    damage · be detrimental to · be prejudicial to · be disadvantageous to · injure · 

The fact that you don't grasp this meaning perhaps explains why so many of your posts explode with prejudice against people of colour, women, and people who are non-heterosexual. You obviously think your prejudices are justified, which, of course, we can see from the definition above is oxymoronic (with emphasis on the "moronic"). 
    Further, the fact that you don't understand the linguistic convention of using scare quotes to surround an expression as an indication that one doesn't accept the validity of its use, also shows that your understanding of the English language is below average. My use of the expression "yokel" (note the scare quotes), indicates that I don't think it is valid or acceptable. Sadly, in your intense and desperate desire to find something for which to criticise me, you just make a complete fool of yourself. 
    I understand that you can't help putting your parts on (as we Norfolk folk like to say) when you see my name, particularly because I refuse to let you get away with your morally degenerate attack on young girls sexually abused by Epstein who you called "well paid prostitutes". Perhaps you would be better served apologising for those disgusting comments, than trying to linguistically mangle my sentences in ways that are laughably crass.

I recommend you purchase yourself a good dictionary, and a copy of Fowler's Modern English Usage. They might just help you avoid posting the sort of illiterate tripe that you have done here.

Doubling down on your patronising won't help you. Just admit you think you are superior to Norfolk people, especially if they have a Norfolk accent.

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Doubling down on your patronising won't help you. Just admit you think you are superior to Norfolk people, especially if they have a Norfolk accent.

Oh dear! You have nothing to say in response to my post because you have been caught out lying yet again you egregious tick. Your pathetic attempt to distort my comments is so ridiculously transparent that even a primary school child would be embarrassed to have uttered such retarded illiterate tosh. What a shame that you are so morally degenerate you can't find it within you to apologise for calling the young girls sexually abused by Epstein "well paid prostitutes".

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

who going to tell me we had the same in the EU 

£1bn UK-India trade deals will create 6,000 UK jobs, says PM - BBC News

O dear don’t say others from other countries will take our jobs. 

But economists warn that getting a full deal with Delhi that lowers tariff and non-tariff barriers won't be easy. India is likely, for example, to want UK entry visa requirements for its workers and students to be eased.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

O dear don’t say others from other countries will take our jobs. 

But economists warn that getting a full deal with Delhi that lowers tariff and non-tariff barriers won't be easy. India is likely, for example, to want UK entry visa requirements for its workers and students to be eased.

Well at lease you didn't say the EU had a better deal   🙂

I have a question for you Swindo.

You and Boris amongst others have been telling us how bad the EU vaccination roll out has been despite the fact it has nothing to do with Brexit and they touched 3.5 million jabs in a day. However if this is true still, why is he going to allow people from the U.K. to travel to the EU ? Have you both been telling Johnson’s or at least not putting the records right when things changed ?. 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well at lease you didn't say the EU had a better deal   🙂

But wasn’t part of Brexit to stop Europeans taking our jobs and Uni places ? It seems Indian citizens will do that instead, although I do appreciate somebody will need to take them as the Brits don’t want them.