Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

We've left the EU. Shouldn't the brexiters spend their time showing us examples of how much better our lives are?🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

We've left the EU. Shouldn't the brexiters spend their time showing us examples of how much better our lives are?🤣

I'm sure they would but there's one rather obvious problem ...

1 hour ago, Herman said:

They are taking you for mugs.

That wouldn't be the same "razor sharp" Andrew Bridgen who made a complete ar*se of himself complaining about the Electoral Commission's inquiry into Preeti Patel would it? An inquiry they DIDN'T actually conduct.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/moderna-aims-to-produce-3-billion-covid-vaccine-doses-in-2022/vi-BB1gbx7H?ocid=msedgntp

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

YOU LOT ARE HARD WORK TRYING TO GET THOUGH TO, OR ARE YOU JUST ON A WIND UP ?

😂😂 - Well here's a crazy idea for you - why don't you try posting something reasonable or even partially truthful, ideally without your Caps Lock on  😂😂

It isn't as hard (for most of us) as you make it seem.

YOU LOT ARE HARD WORK TRYING TO GET THOUGH TO, OR ARE YOU JUST ON A WIND UP ?

Swindon.

You voted for Brexit because you told us it would be better for the UK. Never mind contributions or lawmaking, you (not literally you but Leave supporters) said it was in our best interests.

Us Remainers, having lost the vote then had to hope you were right and we were wrong.

So far, and I know its early days, many of the predictions of remainers, such as trouble in NI, red tape, shortages and delays have been justified.

And one of the laws we became "free" to legislate for, has caused so much trouble and confrontation because it is a law that is making the citizens of this country less free.

Meanwhile, the architect of the final phase of Brexit has lied to us and the EU. He lied about the Irish Sea border. So if he was prepared to makesuch a bare faced lie, then just maybe he lied to everyone about the benefit to the UK of Brexit.

So its time you accepted the truth and that at the moment, Brexit is a catastrophy.

• Like 1

I voted for Brexit and have not regretted since. I don't feel it's a  'catastrophy' at all, in fact since we've left I've seen my weekly shop at Sainsburys with prices go down and believe they will continue that way. If you feel it's going worse then as you wrote it is early days.

Edited by SwindonCanary

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I voted for Brexit and have not regretted since. I don't feel it's a  'catastrophy' at all, in fact since we've left I've seen my weekly shop at Sainsburys with prices go down and believe they will continue that way. If you feel it's going worse then as you wrote it is early days.

The trouble is, you only care how Brexit affects you. You have no regard for the thousands of businesses that have seen their operations and turnover drastically reduce because of the delays, red tape and confusion over Brexit. Some of these people’s livelihoods are being severely affected and they are struggling to pay the bills. But hey, your weekly shop is cheaper, so all good. A typical selfish Brexiteer.

As I wrote early days and I blame the EU for delays and red tape they are still upset about us leaving 

Edited by SwindonCanary

And so it begins... dump Boris, start our relationship over. A win / win result.

And so it begins.jpg

As I wrote early days and I blame the EU for delays and red tape they are still upset about us leaving 

Do you think the U.K. are a superior nation and should get everything they want.

You said the EU needed us more than we needed them, seems that was another Johnson.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

These guys regret it, but of course it will be the Norwegians fault that they want to protect their borders.

I guess these guys and the workers at GKN who have just lost their jobs are just worth nothing. At least there will be plenty of jobs on the farms for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56932551

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The red tape is because we are a third country, outside of the EU. It is what you voted for and what we warned you that would happen. Accept responsibility for what you voted for. And next time something like this happens, pay bloody attention.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Proof of your remarkable levels of ignorance regarding the catastrophic damage brexit has visited. Earlier I posted a report from the Food and Drink Federation that showed Brexit has cost the dairy industry £1.1bn since January,  with exports to the EU down by  96%. It's very noticeable that you didn't make any response to that post, obviously because you don't want to admit that it is a disaster. 

Today we have another report from the fishing industry:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/uk-fishing-farce-jobs-and-factories-could-move-to-eu-after-dog-s-breakfast-deal-paper/ar-BB1gb17n?ocid=msedgdhp

UK fishing farce: Jobs and factories could move to EU after 'dog's breakfast' deal

And the Shellfish Association of Great Britain (SAGB) has highlighted systematic failures by the Department for Environment, Fisheries and Rural Affairs (Defra), which it says has left it struggling with the post-Brexit reality. In the report 'Seafood and Meat Exports to the EU', which has been published today, the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (EFRA) Committee highlights urgent concerns for exporters of highly time-sensitive fresh and live seafood and meat shipments to the EU, especially small- and medium-sized businesses.

The committee warns new barriers which small seafood and meat export businesses face could render them unviable, and factories and jobs may relocate to the EU.

Mr Percy, chairman of the New Under Ten Fishermen's Association (NUFTA), told Express.co.uk: "'Dog's breakfast' sums it up really.

"The whole EU Exit with regard to fisheries has been a complete debacle from beginning to end.

So, should we believe you that everything is wonderful with Brexit, or the people actually involved in these industries who believe it has been a "debacle from beginning to end"? 

Do tell us what sort of patriot is happy to see the UK fishing industry relocate to the EU in order to avoid its collapse.

As for your absurd claim that this is all the EU's fault; have you not grasped yet that this is the brexit deal that the UK government freely negotiated and freely signed up to? Do you not understand that the set of regulations now being applied is precisely what constitutes brexit? (and bear in mind that the full regulations are yet to come into force, so things are soon to get a lot worse).

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And here you go again, quoting another pathetic RWNJ who hates the EU. Utterly irrelevant. Much more relevant is an opinion poll of the Dutch public which shows it 3:1 AGAINST withdrawal from the EU:

"Dutch withdrawal from the European Union (colloquially "Nexit", a portmanteau of "Netherlands" and "exit") refers to the hypothesis that the Netherlands might withdraw from the European Union.[1] The most recent opinion poll on the subject, in June 2020, showed a 3:1 majority against withdrawal."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_withdrawal_from_the_European_Union

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Proof of your remarkable levels of ignorance regarding the catastrophic damage brexit has visited. Earlier I posted a report from the Food and Drink Federation that showed Brexit has cost the dairy industry £1.1bn since January,  with exports to the EU down by  96%. It's very noticeable that you didn't make any response to that post, obviously because you don't want to admit that it is a disaster. 

Today we have another report from the fishing industry:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/uk-fishing-farce-jobs-and-factories-could-move-to-eu-after-dog-s-breakfast-deal-paper/ar-BB1gb17n?ocid=msedgdhp

UK fishing farce: Jobs and factories could move to EU after 'dog's breakfast' deal

And the Shellfish Association of Great Britain (SAGB) has highlighted systematic failures by the Department for Environment, Fisheries and Rural Affairs (Defra), which it says has left it struggling with the post-Brexit reality. In the report 'Seafood and Meat Exports to the EU', which has been published today, the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (EFRA) Committee highlights urgent concerns for exporters of highly time-sensitive fresh and live seafood and meat shipments to the EU, especially small- and medium-sized businesses.

The committee warns new barriers which small seafood and meat export businesses face could render them unviable, and factories and jobs may relocate to the EU.

Mr Percy, chairman of the New Under Ten Fishermen's Association (NUFTA), told Express.co.uk: "'Dog's breakfast' sums it up really.

"The whole EU Exit with regard to fisheries has been a complete debacle from beginning to end.

So, should we believe you that everything is wonderful with Brexit, or the people actually involved in these industries who believe it has been a "debacle from beginning to end"? 

Do tell us what sort of patriot is happy to see the UK fishing industry relocate to the EU in order to avoid its collapse.

As for your absurd claim that this is all the EU's fault; have you not grasped yet that this is the brexit deal that the UK government freely negotiated and freely signed up to? Do you not understand that the set of regulations now being applied is precisely what constitutes brexit? (and bear in mind that the full regulations are yet to come into force, so things are soon to get a lot worse).

You can see no wrong with the EU I don't take any notice of this one way opinion 

Its now mooted by the great money tree shakers in power that we should extend the furlough scheme for an as yet unlimited time, ensure that the country goes bust, so the unemployed who will be fired for the loss of markets and or new robotic labour can continue to receive 80% of their last wages. That will camouflage the full extent of Brexit and give the BBC something to manipulate  and shout about.

what a busted flush. When you had no say in the matter as one of the 3.2 million EU citizens who settled here in good faith, made their life's here, raised families and paid their due's, this feels like having your knackers cut off with your arms tied behind your back and your mouth muzzled.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You can see no wrong with the EU I don't take any notice of this one way opinion 

I've just quoted you the views of the representatives of two major industries representing thousands of business owners and workers, whose livlihoods are being decimated by the consequences of brexit, and this is all you can come up with. These are the views of thousands of people, many of whom who had originally voted for brexit and now feel cheated. These are REAL people who are truly worried that they will lose their businesses and jobs because of the effects of brexit. 

Don't think we havent noticed that you have not said a word in response to the disasters happening in the dairy and fishing industries explained in the reports I quoted.  And you wonder why you get treated with such derision. Jesus!

Edited by horsefly

Here's a little straight unopinionated talking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-56931396

My own take on all of this it is that its inevitable that the UK (read rUK) will eventually rejoin some sort of CU / SM without the same say on the rules as we had before once the largely economically inactive dodos have gone extinct and can be largely airbrushed from history rather like Cromwell's Commonwealth and the Puritans. 10 years.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Some ups some downs  😉

All this does is prove you're a utter buffoon

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

only 32% would vote for us to return to the EU  I predict in 10 years that will be down to almost zero 

Now there’s a Johnson.