Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Interestingly the figure of £500m is precisely the sum that government  "experts" predict as the improvement in GDP as a result of Truss' "fantastic" deal with the Aussies (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brussels-chaos-uk-tells-eu-it-s-all-set-for-wto-rules-as-australia-deal-gives-huge-boost/ar-BB1g0FTv?ocid=msedgntp). So, one months loss of trade due to brexit will be offset by a year's trade with Australia, on the big assumption that a deal turns out to be as "good" as claimed. She had better radio Boris, "I'm going to need a bigger deal".

Edited by horsefly

And while I'm on the subject of the trade deal with Australia, perhaps the brexiteers on here would like to watch the following clip then remind us what they said about our trade deficit with the EU:

Just like the trade deal with Japan, Truss and her supporters (forgive the pun) claim what a fantastic deal she has done only for reality to prove we've been shafted again by a foreign power. Any school kid could tell you this is what happens when you negotiate from a position of painfully obvious weakness. So while the Aussies flood our markets with cheap tariff-free-hormone-saturated beef, our beef farmers will have lost not only the EU market but their home market too; wonderful work Liz.  Brexit is turning the UK into a third-rate trading nation. Next we'll be joining the CPTPP without any say whatsoever in their rules of business. I guess feeble paupers have to be grateful for any crumbs they can sweep from the floor.

I am still trying to work out why Swindon thinks the decision on whether France should have a referendum on EU membership would be up to the 35,000 or so inhabitants of Macon...

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well in the four years since then the only significant political party in France which was advocating leaving the EU have completely dropped that policy and in virtually every EU country the popularity of the EU has risen, so the answer is a pretty conclusive No.

And all of this was before the world got a really good look at the total shambles of Brexit actually happening.

At the same time there is still a queue of countries aspiring to join the EU so I'm afraid that the ludicrous fantasy that you Brexiteers desperately cling to, that other countries are going to start following the UK's stupidity in leaving is exactly that - a ludicrous fantasy 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Brexiteers like Swindo are just weak minded fools that have been brainwashed and conditioned to hate the EU, without actually knowing why. Swindo has shown for nearly five years that he cannot explain why he doesn’t like them, aside from copying and pasting anti-EU articles from right wing sources. Just an empty vessel ultimately and a Tory sheep. There’s no point trying to debate or engage with him. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Brexiteers like Swindo are just weak minded fools that have been brainwashed and conditioned to hate the EU, without actually knowing why. Swindo has shown for nearly five years that he cannot explain why he doesn’t like them, aside from copying and pasting anti-EU articles from right wing sources. Just an empty vessel ultimately and a Tory sheep. There’s no point trying to debate or engage with him. 

Christ! How many more Billock/Squit/horsefanny/well b back alter egos does this message board need?

Some Richard Cranium has gat far too much time on their hands that's for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Christ! How many more Billock/Squit/horsefanny/well b back alter egos does this message board need?

Are you sure you and Swindon weren't Siamese twins but neither of you got the brain?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Jools said:

Wrong. Try again mate.

You might ‘gat’ something right eventually.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Well in the four years since then the only significant political party in France which was advocating leaving the EU have completely dropped that policy and in virtually every EU country the popularity of the EU has risen, so the answer is a pretty conclusive No.

And all of this was before the world got a really good look at the total shambles of Brexit actually happening.

At the same time there is still a queue of countries aspiring to join the EU so I'm afraid that the ludicrous fantasy that you Brexiteers desperately cling to, that other countries are going to start following the UK's stupidity in leaving is exactly that - a ludicrous fantasy 😂

What I was trying to explain the thick scull of Billy Boy was that he said it, nothing to do with when he said it !

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What I was trying to explain the thick scull of Billy Boy was that he said it, nothing to do with when he said it !

You’ve told a Johnson. The only place I can find anything resembling what you are saying is The Express

In January 2019, pollster Institut français d'opinion publique conducted a survey on several questions that might be asked were the Citizens' initiative referendum to be applied in France. One of these questions is about the exit of France from the EU. The result was that 60% opposed it.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/eu-questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-on-frances-membership-of-the-eu-how-would-you-vote/

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Please don’t name call. We know how much you don’t like it Swindo.

9 hours ago, Jools said:

"English not your first language?"

• Haha 1

While the EU continues to slander our not for profit Vaccine resulting in a reluctance to take it across Europe by people who have been brainwashed by this agenda.....The UK using mainly that very vaccine are opening up society with deaths down to a handful per day as the EU death rate climbs into the thousands per day with panic everywhere. We all knew that the EU would have to compete with the likes of India on trade going forward, we didn't expect them to be competing with them on Covid death rates

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

While the EU continues to slander our not for profit Vaccine resulting in a reluctance to take it across Europe by people who have been brainwashed by this agenda.....The UK using mainly that very vaccine are opening up society with deaths down to a handful per day as the EU death rate climbs into the thousands per day with panic everywhere. We all knew that the EU would have to compete with the likes of India on trade going forward, we didn't expect them to be competing with them on Covid death rates

What a sick individual you are, using the deaths of innocent people to point score #scum

Ps, where did you copy that paragraph from?

• Confused 1

Even Barnier has raised the possibility of Frexit:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/macron-told-to-learn-lessons-of-brexit-or-france-will-follow-pw5cgm0fd

Before life in the time of lockdown I was in the habit of occasionally visiting an English friend of mine for a long week-end in the French village he lives in whilst running a small cafe/bar with his French wife.

Its like an extension of Farageland there (as the South East, UK is,) with little affection for the EU, and in some cases hostility.

I realise its the parochial view and will likely be trounced vote-wise by the luvvies of the Ile-de-France but their admiration of Brexit was surprising.

It also puzzles me why the two areas of the respective countries closest to each other (Kent and Hauts de France/Upper Normandy) are among the most hostile to the EU. I would have thought it the other way round as there is a great intereaction of casual tourism. 

Cliftonville apart, there is no great  immigration 'issue' in these parts so there is no great impact upon jobs or services as seems to have been a factor of 'red wall' voting.

The biggest concern of the EU at this moment in time should be financial. The first Covid debt/loan/hand out issue caused much friction, and has even been opposed by the German courts. I'm not sure if its underway yet, but Macron is desperate for his 5 billion Euros no doubt. Portugal has applied apparently. Who will be next?

Now the third covid wave indicates more borrowing to be necessary. The UK contribution is missed and hostility in Gerrmany to such bail outs is rising.

Its been compared to a group of friends in a restaurant each ordering the most expensive meal on the menu for themselves in full knowledge that the bill will be shared equally, but even then at the end of the meal only Germany had remembered to bring the chequebook.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

45 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

What a sick individual you are, using the deaths of innocent people to point score #scum

Ps, where did you copy that paragraph from?

I feel the sick people are the EU not giving out the vaccine when they can

"What a sick individual you are, using the deaths of innocent people to point score #scum."

In fairness there has been a lot of such point scoring by either side, Clément Beaune the French minister being by far the worst culprit.

Let's just hope it is all whitewashed by the amount of aid sent to India.

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

😂

Probably more useful explaining it to Bill himself rather than his small boating oar.

When calling somebody thick, probably best not to spell the next simple 5 letter word that most children could spell, wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh dear! Another epic fail from bird-brain. Not only is your solitary sentence in defiance of English grammar and spelling, it also demonstrates yet again that you struggle to understand even the most basic expressions. I will repeat what Macron said one last time:

Asked whether a Leave or Remain vote in France could have ended with the same result, Mr Macron told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Yes, probably. Probably in a similar context. But our context was very different so I don't want to take any bets."

Is it the fact that his comment contains a "disguised" conditional that taxes your tiny brain beyond its miniscule capacity? Perhaps it didn't help that Macron was speaking rather clumsily in a second language? Either way it ought to be clear to all but the severely challenged that the phrase, "Yes probably. Probably in a similar context. But our context was very different..." is to be understood as claiming something like, "If we had a similar situation to the UK the French would probably vote for brexit too, BUT we (French) have a very different context, so who knows". 

Every opinion poll of the French population's attitude to remaining in the EU shows them in favour of doing so. I note you have not come forward with a poll saying the contrary despite your lie that I am wrong about this FACT. 

Learn to read things properly, and with at least some degree of critical self-awareness. It would save you making such an embarrassment of yourself on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

😂

Probably more useful explaining it to Bill himself rather than his small boating oar.

When calling somebody thick, probably best not to spell the next simple 5 letter word that most children could spell, wrong.

just think of the number of times I've been called thick, as well as other things, it can work both ways 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I feel the sick people are the EU not giving out the vaccine when they can

Yet another blatant lie for which you have not the slightest evidence. And BTW, despite your obvious desire that more EU citizens die from Covid, the fact remains that the UK has the highest total of deaths of any European nation. 

Edited by horsefly
  • Confused 1

"Learn to read things properly, and with at least some degree of critical self-awareness. It would save you making such an embarrassment of yourself on a daily basis."

Bill, Ben, Little Weed, Horsefly, City First etc.

No comment necessary.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Learn to read things properly, and with at least some degree of critical self-awareness. It would save you making such an embarrassment of yourself on a daily basis."

Bill, Ben, Little Weed, Horsefly, City First etc.

No comment necessary.

You are a very sad man if this retarded absurdity is all you can come up with. Comment necessary.

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yet another blatant lie for which you have not the slightest evidence. And BTW, despite your obvious desire that more EU citizens die from Covid, the fact remains that the UK has the highest total of deaths of any European nation. 

Why has the EU been so slow to roll out a Covid vaccination programme? | Guntram Wolff | The Guardian