Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

8 hours ago, Herman said:

The NI protocol was part of the WA. This was all part of Johnson's Oven Ready deal which he happily waved about and got himself a massive majority on. You lot cheered for this. You lot voted for this.

Oh dear, Remainiacs  👇

afdabdfb-de55-452b-b000-43e4d45f1094-73548b45-5140-40a8-88ab-50d1ad612201

And...

afdabdfb-de55-452b-b000-43e4d45f1094-07987cda-537b-49f9-8f30-005584dcb69f

Looking like most of the rest of the world will replace the EU as our main supplier very soon...

How sad, never mind 🙃

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Of course it's a fu*cking problem you buffoon because we would never have needed it if fools like you hadn't voted for brexit. Now it's the only option available because YOU and your fellow  brexiteers voted to make it so. You wanted a hard brexit which means you wanted us to be fully outside of the regulatory structure of the EU, thereby confirming upon the UK third country status. 

How many times do you need telling that the NI protocol is a direct consequence of the UK withdrawing from the EU, the Single Market, and refusing to negotiate a customs union. Are you really so dense that you can't grasp this very obvious FACT. The UK even refused to mitigate the damage done by the protocol by refusing to sign an agreement to match EU food and safety standards (in order that they can sell idiots like you sub-standard food that the EU would not allow to be sold to its citizens). This issue is entirely the responsibility of the UK, so grow up and accept your responsibility for enabling this disaster to happen. No amount of cutting and pasting absurdities from a retarded pro-brexit shi*te site excuses you from the stupidity of supporting this act of economic suicide.

13 hours ago, Jools said:

Oh dear, Remainiacs  👇

And...

Looking like most of the rest of the world will replace the EU as our main supplier very soon...

How sad, never mind 🙃

I'm sure all the UK's SMEs are over the moon with this naive pile of crap. I wonder how much UK produce our farmers and companies will be exporting to those rich Moroccans

Edited by horsefly

26 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I'm sure all the UK's SMEs are over the moon with this naive pile of crap. I wonder how much UK produce our farmers and companies will be exporting to those rich Moroccons

The trade report due next week is set to show that channel trade is back to normal, coco.

Of course being the extreme Lefty you are you will without doubt continue to try and blame anything that goes slightly awry on Brexit -- You'd probably blame another bad haircut on Brexit.

By God the universities have got much to answer for.

32 minutes ago, Jools said:

Oh dear, Remainiacs  👇

And...

How sad, never mind 🙃

So we aren't going to bother growing our own?

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

There is not the remotest prospect that we can do that in the near future. We import 50% of our food from the EU, it would not only take many years to replace that, but also the most improbable adjustments to the UK's planned land use. Trumpeting the import of food from Morocco is no doubt great for the Moroccan government, but it doesn't add a penny to our exports.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We can do that as well, Grandpapa. 

Think of all the small and medium-sized businesses that will prosper 👍

Horseflaps might invest and contribute some taxes 😉

8 minutes ago, Jools said:

The trade report due next week is set to show that channel trade is back to normal, coco.

Of course being the extreme Lefty you are you will without doubt continue to try and blame anything that goes slightly awry on Brexit -- You'd probably blame another bad haircut on Brexit.

By God the universities have got much to answer for.

By all accounts trade is only going one way. Coming in is fine, going out is a nightmare. The trucks maybe travelling but it sounds like a lot are going over the channel empty. 

Hopefully the trade report proves me wrong. If it is written by Mirza then all bets are off. 

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

There is not the remotest prospect that we can do that in the near future. We import 50% of our food from the EU, it would not only take many years to replace that, but also the most improbable adjustments to the UK's planned land use. Trumpeting the import of food from Morocco is no doubt great for the Moroccan government, but it doesn't add a penny to our exports.

I was referring to Courgettes and strawberries that the fanfare was describing.

I grew both in my garden last summer so why are we importing them when our climate grows them.

Fair enough if its bananas or coconuts even tobacco.

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I've always gone to the trouble of finding you facts, coco..

You on the other hand only ever have Guardian 'headlines', most of which don't actually reflect the real story.

I've told you Remainiacs over the last 5 years that if the EU wants to build walls we will take our trade elsewhere -- You've always denied that was possible -- Well, now its happening and it's happening quickly, yet you're still in denial.

If the last five years have taught me anything, it's that you can have a doctorate degree in your chosen field and still be as thick as two short ones. 

We could and did import a lot of Moroccan fruit and veg before brexit. I'm not sure if this is the good news that Jools thinks it is.

Looks like trade with France in March was getting back towards pre Brexit levels, exports a bit down and imports a bit up but certainly much closer to previous levels. 

Edited by Van wink

2 hours ago, Herman said:

We could and did import a lot of Moroccan fruit and veg before brexit. I'm not sure if this is the good news that Jools thinks it is.

😂 I'm struggling a bit with the concept of 'Jools thinking', copying and pasting we know all about but thinking......... you're having a laugh 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jools said:

Oh dear, Remainiacs  👇

And...

How sad, never mind 🙃

German figures for February ... imports from Britain fell 26.9pc.

Didn't read it, did you @Jools, only the headline.

Btw the French figures were actually well down but the Torygraph "adjusted" them for Covid to get the headline.

Yet another epic fail

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Looks like trade with France in March was getting back towards pre Brexit levels, exports a bit down and imports a bit up but certainly much closer to previous levels. 

Source?

5 hours ago, Jools said:

I've always gone to the trouble of finding you facts, coco..

You on the other hand only ever have Guardian 'headlines', most of which don't actually reflect the real story.

I've told you Remainiacs over the last 5 years that if the EU wants to build walls we will take our trade elsewhere -- You've always denied that was possible -- Well, now its happening and it's happening quickly, yet you're still in denial.

If the last five years have taught me anything, it's that you can have a doctorate degree in your chosen field and still be as thick as two short ones. 

You truly are intellectually challenged. Perhaps you should consult a dictionary to find out what a "fact" is before you start making grandiose claims about actually stating any. Perhaps you should also consult every business organisation in the country and see what they claim the facts to be about the disastrous effects of brexit. It's truly laughable that you are simple-minded enough to think that importing a few veg from Morocco is going to save the UK's export trade.

If the last 5 years have taught me anything it's that old gammons who claim to run nursing homes are almost certainly waiting in their room for nursey to bring them a hot milky drink and their pills.

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Grow our own courgettes and strawberries in January, how does that work? Anyway, I said we would switch from Greek and Spanish suppliers to North African and seems I am proved, though to be fair it wasn't hard to imagine this scenario. 

I bought some lovely melons this weekend. Sourced from Brazil. So many new countries wager to trade with us 

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

I'm sure all the UK's SMEs are over the moon with this naive pile of crap. I wonder how much UK produce our farmers and companies will be exporting to those rich Moroccons

cheer up it's not all bad 😉

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Grow our own courgettes and strawberries in January, how does that work? Anyway, I said we would switch from Greek and Spanish suppliers to North African and seems I am proved, though to be fair it wasn't hard to imagine this scenario. 

I bought some lovely melons this weekend. Sourced from Brazil. So many new countries wager to trade with us 

In one paragraph you help explain how seasons work and then completely forget how seasons work. Well done, you win the Swindo award for today.👍

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BigFish said:

German figures for February ... imports from Britain fell 26.9pc.

Didn't read it, did you @Jools, only the headline.

Btw the French figures were actually well down but the Torygraph "adjusted" them for Covid to get the headline.

Yet another epic fail

Haha! No one would take seriously the idea that Joolsiani would bother reading beyond a headline given his consistently epic failures on this site. His gammon radar only detects right-wing headlines and QAnon videos. Which reminds me, did he ever explain why he was so effusively supportive of the UK joining the CPTPP, despite the fact that his master Farage was so vitriolic in rejecting any such idea? Thought not.

Curious how the RWNJs on here are so effusive about the imports we're bringing in to the country (money going out) but have little or nothing to say about the catastrophic effect brexit is having on our exporters (money coming in). 

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”

Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

Edited by horsefly

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

cheer up it's not all bad 😉

Is that what your doctor said when he revealed that a 50 score on your IQ test did at least prove you were still alive?

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

EU and UK edge towards accord on trade rules for Northern Ireland

reports the financial times 

Let's hope so. No sane human being wants the NI fiasco to continue as it is. What a shame that brexit has emptied the shelves of NI supermarkets, and brought violent thugs and terrorists back onto the streets.

9 hours ago, BigFish said:

Source?

Torygraph
Trade between the UK and France bounced back towards normal in March as firms adjusted to life after Brexit, according to analysis by French customs officials.

Imports from Britain climbed to 107pc of typical levels after taking Covid effects into account, the research found - with exports back at 96pc.

( after taking Covid effects into account, whatever that means ? )

• Haha 1