Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

Aye 👍   https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WEO/Issues/2021/03/23/world-economic-outlook-april-2021

The UK is projected to grow by 5.3 per cent this year and 5.1 per cent in 2022, revising earlier projections up by 0.8 per cent. The Eurozone, by contrast, is merely expected to grow by 4.4 per cent this year and 3.8 per cent next year.

The economic outlook for the US under Sleepy is also expected to falter, declining from 6.4 per cent growth in 2021 down to 3.5 per cent during the second year of the Democrat presidency.

Not so much IMF projection as it is stating the bleedin' obvious really 🙃

1. It's a projection

2. We're starting from a very low base so of course there should be significant growth

3. The reality of bexit is proving far more toxic to business than even remainers predicted (I seriously doubt that this report has taken any such evidence into account given the time-scale)

4. Pass on this report to all those SMEs going bust, I'm sure it will provide them great comfort

On 07/04/2021 at 16:41, Herman said:

How many things that were classed as Project Fear are now actually Project Fact?? 

An incredibly small percentage considering the enormous list of Project Fear myths. And any of those things classed as Project Fear that are appearing to be factual are being spitefully perpetrated by the EU who are completely in self-harm mode...

Good 👍

6 minutes ago, Jools said:

An incredibly small percentage considering the enormous list of Project Fear myths. And any of those things classed as Project Fear that are appearing to be factual are being spitefully perpetrated by the EU who are completely in self-harm mode...

Good 👍

Feel free to list those "myths" that haven't come true.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Looks like you forgot to include the bit where you explain what the hell this has to do with brexit. Have another go

why were all you lot saying we don't export any vaccines ?

51 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

why were all you lot saying we don't export any vaccines ?

I repeat, what has this got to do with brexit?

But just for info the EU has exported 77 million vaccines (mid March) since December. The UK has sent 700,000 to Australia.

Edited by horsefly

On 07/04/2021 at 22:11, SwindonCanary said:

In a swipe at both Boris Johnson, who claimed there would be checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea, and the Northern Ireland secretary, Brandon Lewis, who said no border would be erected following Brexit, she said the government knew Brexit would be “felt most acutely in Northern Ireland, where identity issues are tied up with border issues”.

She told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “Instead of trying to work through the issues legally, it opted to promote lawlessness by suspending the Northern Ireland protocol.

Swindo caught lying yet again, this time by doctoring the above quote

Finally a real boy! Disney planning live action take on Pinocchio | Walt  Disney Company | The Guardian

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

I repeat, what has this got to do with brexit?

But just for info the EU has exported 77 million vaccines (mid March) since December. The UK has sent 700,000 to Australia.

As you are the self appointed moderator on this board I repeat if you lot are going to talk about it, saying we do not export any vaccines I'm gonna comment on it, to put you right.  

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As you are the self appointed moderator on this board I repeat if you lot are going to talk about it, saying we do not export any vaccines I'm gonna comment on it, to put you right.  

You continually repeat that this is the positive brexit thread, so I shall continue to repeat that this story has nothing at all to do with brexit you buffoon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

why did you change the words of that quote ?

Disney, Dine, and Collodi: The Many Faces of Pinocchio – Indiana University  Cinema

23 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You continually repeat that this is the positive brexit thread, so I shall continue to repeat that this story has nothing at all to do with brexit you buffoon.

Well, say something positive about Brexit !

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I among millions of others said brexit was a positively stupid idea from the outset, and we have all been been positively proved right on that prediction. Now tell me what your story has to do with brexit.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

there is absolutely nothing positive about brexit

which is why you have to keep lying

Roadside Attractions Acquires Matteo Garrone and Roberto Benigni's  Live-Action 'Pinocchio' for U.S. Theatrical Release - mxdwn Movies

well done mouse brain for posting a link which backs what the rest of us already know

"But anger about post-Brexit trading rules that came into force in February is a factor."

"that they've been misled by the UK government"

"Northern Ireland is being treated differently from the rest of the UK because of a treaty agreed by the UK government."

"It also gave many the impression that trade in the other direction - from Great Britain to Northern Ireland - would be just as smooth. This was despite warnings from the EU, and UK civil servants, that the new rules would inevitably lead to more friction. "

now why not explain why you doctored that quote

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The worm turns.

You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Edited by Yellow Fever
Sorry forgot - apart from Swindon and the crazy gang.

"Once Britain chose to be outside the single market and customs union while the Irish republic remained inside, there would always have to be a border. The only question was where. One option was a land border on the island of Ireland, once again separating north and south – which would appal nationalists. The other was a frontier in the Irish Sea, appalling unionists. Boris Johnson swore blind that he would never agree to any such thing, only to do exactly that"

<p></p>

But we all new the idiot would say anything to get him off the immediate hook.

Trouble is, the flag wavers didn't.

Instead of a vaccine passport, how about a Leave passport that means they can pay for the problems, not me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

"Once Britain chose to be outside the single market and customs union while the Irish republic remained inside, there would always have to be a border. The only question was where. One option was a land border on the island of Ireland, once again separating north and south – which would appal nationalists. The other was a frontier in the Irish Sea, appalling unionists. Boris Johnson swore blind that he would never agree to any such thing, only to do exactly that"

what gets me, is that the above is so clear

so how the fck did these Brexit cretins not grasp it ?

one if the loudest bleats of these halfwits was about wanting to "control our borders.... baa baa "

did it not occur to them that it worked both ways, just as freedom of movement - which has seen tens of thousands of UK migrants kicked out of Spain

nothing here was complicated or had not been explained to these halfwits ad nauseam

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

We hadn’t when you lied about it, and the government are lying about it being contractual as Australian AZ is made in Sydney and their imports are from India. In addition you said Europe were low life’s for restricting AZ to over 50’s yet Australia yesterday did exactly the same, therefore we exported the vaccine to in your words low life’s.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We hadn’t when you lied about it, and the government are lying about it being contractual as Australian AZ is made in Sydney and their imports are from India. In addition you said Europe were low life’s for restricting AZ to over 50’s yet Australia yesterday did exactly the same, therefore we exported the vaccine to in your words low life’s.

But Australians are not European so it doesn't count. They are Commonwealth and have the Union Jack on their flag.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Is rejoining the CU the simple solution to the problems in NI?

Indeed H! It was the fact that we withdrew from the single market and refused to negotiate for a new customs union that made the NI protocol an absolutely necessary part of the brexit deal. You would have to have been an idiot of colossal proportions to think that a brexit deal could avoid an NI protocol once the SM and CU options were ruled out. Even then, the effects of the NI protocol could have been minimised if the government had included in the brexit deal a legal agreement to match the quality standards of the EU; but it refused to do so in order to make possible the lowering of food and safety standards in the UK (as we have already seen in the case of chemicals). Thus, extensive customs checks became essential in protecting the EU's market from sub-standard goods.  Johnson and his government new this but chose to lie about it in order to serve his personal political advantage; and those who colluded in this obvious lie, like the Ulster Unionists, chose to praise the emperor's new clothes rather than protect their own citizens.

So well done Brexiteers, you have not only trashed our trade and the financial prospects of thousands of SMEs, you have also managed to trash decades of hard won peace in Northern Ireland. All this to chase some unicorn notion of sovereignty that has actually resulted in the loss of sovereignty for one very significant part of the UK. If it wasn't so tragic one would die laughing at this dissembling incompetence. As it is, there is a very real danger that people will actually die because of this dissembling incompetence.