Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I have no link for this but I was watching that Brexcast thing late last night. I am sure they said ‘ it will take 10 years to see the true benefits of Brexit ‘ was a quote from one of the MP’s.

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Rubbish Billy liar 

then why not prove me wrong with evidence of this different paperwork ?

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I have no link for this but I was watching that Brexcast thing late last night. I am sure they said ‘ it will take 10 years to see the true benefits of Brexit ‘ was a quote from one of the MP’s.

It's also what Rees-Mogg admitted back in the reign of May. The multi-millionaire, who moved his company offices to Dublin, thought it was a price worth paying for our "increased sovereignty".

I suspect that 10-year figure needs revising upwards somewhat in the light of experience since Jan 1st.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It's also what Rees-Mogg admitted back in the reign of May. The multi-millionaire, who moved his company offices to Dublin, thought it was a price worth paying for our "increased sovereignty".

I suspect that 10-year figure needs revising upwards somewhat in the light of experience since Jan 1st.

I was talking to a lorry driver yesterday, never met him before in my life. He said he was delivering to Dover. I said ah do you drive the goods into Europe ?. He explained they used to do that, but with taxes and paperwork what they do now is they drive it to Dover and then transfer it to another company to transport into Europe. The Company they transferred it to was a European Company, and yep you’ve guessed it, their company that has now been broken into 2 a new European company and a U.K. company.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I ask again, Why is the paperwork completely different ,  depending on which country it goes to in the EU even if it's travelling though that country  ?

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER ?

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

Well what are you waiting for SC? Here's your chance to prove Bill is wrong by substantiating your claim with the evidence you claim to have. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

watch the youtube bit about a lorry driver driving thought the EU 

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I was talking to a lorry driver yesterday, never met him before in my life. He said he was delivering to Dover. I said ah do you drive the goods into Europe ?. He explained they used to do that, but with taxes and paperwork what they do now is they drive it to Dover and then transfer it to another company to transport into Europe. The Company they transferred it to was a European Company, and yep you’ve guessed it, their company that has now been broken into 2 a new European company and a U.K. company.

so the brexiteers were right on thing ....................UK exports growing

exporting UK jobs to the EU

exporting UK taxes to EU countries

and exporting UK businesses to EU countries

............but not exporting UK caught fish 🙄

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

watch the youtube bit about a lorry driver driving thought the EU 

you made the claim, now back it up with your own words

35 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I don't think that's unreasonable, and I voted Remain. A decision of such magnitude will not reveal everything right away and there will be some degree of shock and adjustment as the transitions are made.

However, I'd also say that the true benefits AND drawbacks will be revealed in that time.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I don't think that's unreasonable, and I voted Remain. A decision of such magnitude will not reveal everything right away and there will be some degree of shock and adjustment as the transitions are made.

However, I'd also say that the true benefits AND drawbacks will be revealed in that time.

Brexit was sold to the masses on the premise of immediate benefits, and in my book, 10 years is not immediate. I have yet to see 1 immediate benefit, but if anyone would like to give some examples, feel free. 

All the major Brexiter claims were either outright lies or pure wishful thinking from an alternative universe. This was explained by Remainers at the time, but more than 17m people chose to believe the liars. I hope they are all enjoying their first True-Brexit Easter.

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

All the major Brexiter claims were either outright lies or pure wishful thinking from an alternative universe. This was explained by Remainers at the time, but more than 17m people chose to believe the liars. I hope they are all enjoying their first True-Brexit Easter.

So many are using the farce in Europe over the vaccine rollout as a reason for Brexit.

So I would suggest there are still 17+M who think it was a good idea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So many are using the farce in Europe over the vaccine rollout as a reason for Brexit.

So I would suggest there are still 17+M who think it was a good idea.

I agree with this. Its why the govt are championing the NHS vaccine roll out. Its the only good news they've got and diverts attention from the underlying (pun intended) dry rot now rampant.

Of the 17M - most are of course OAPS and fully vaccinated / inoculated from the very real Brexit fallout. Always were which is why they spout such rubbish.

1 hour ago, dj11 said:

Brexit was sold to the masses on the premise of immediate benefits, and in my book, 10 years is not immediate. I have yet to see 1 immediate benefit, but if anyone would like to give some examples, feel free. 

I wrote long ago that Brexit would be hard for the first year but after that we will fly !

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I wrote long ago that Brexit would be hard for the first year but after that we will fly !

And do feel free to give us your evidence for that fantasy given that every government body and every credible economic think tank says brexit will cause many years of decline in GDP compared to what it would have been if we were still in the EU.

🤣🤣🤣

It takes a brave man to admit that times will be harder a long time after saying that they will be much better. 

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Last night one of the MP’s who led Brexit said it would be 10 years, rather than make accusations aimed at you I will assume he lied.

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

And do feel free to give us your evidence for that fantasy given that every government body and every credible economic think tank says brexit will cause many years of decline in GDP compared to what it would have been if we were still in the EU.

look back it's on there 

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

It’s interesting looking back wether the NHS 350 million was made up or not, they said it would happen ‘ the day after we left ‘ not ten years later, insinuating therefore the benefits would be immediate.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

look back it's on there 

Oh dear! you don't have any evidence, as usual. How sad to make up lies on a daily basis.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, horsefly said:

So that's your considered response to a request asking you what the hell you mean by your incomprehensible claims. And then you have the cheek to whine about people ridiculing you. So let's try and make this as simple as possible:

1. You voted for the withdrawal of the UK from the EU and Single Market.

2. Therefore, you voted for the requirement for a whole set of new regulations (red tape) to regulate the new trading arrangements between the EU and UK.

3. You supported the government's refusal to sign up to an agreement to match the EU's quality standards in order that the UK government could diverge from those standards.

4. Therefore you voted for a brexit deal that required a vastly increased level of regulations and red tape in order for the EU to protect itself from being flooded with imports that fail to meet the quality standards that it demands from its own members.

So, two questions for you:

A. Which part of this very simple and obvious explanation don't you understand?

B. Are you now claiming that you didn't understand the clear consequences of voting for the brexit deal you supported?

I voted to never trade with the awful EU ever again and now many others feel that same way, especially companies such as AstraZeneca and Novavax...... 🤣🤗

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

I voted to never trade with the awful EU ever again and now many others feel that same way, especially companies such as AstraZeneca and Novavax...... 🤣🤗

Well you are a t***.

In addition then it’s ok for America to completely slate AZ, yet the EU are low life’s. 
What you have said is misleading and complete tosh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

Ah! the fake economist suggests we should bankrupt the economy. I suspect that the only people who think that would be a good idea share a room with you in whichever institution you currently find yourself residing.

I didn't realise that as well as being a fake economist you are also a fake spokesperson for two vaccine producers. Wow! you fakers are real busy aren't you. But if I were you I would check with the the HOs of AZ  and GSK to make sure that they really do want to stop trading with the EU, I suspect they are less keen than you are in losing £billions in contracts.

Edited by horsefly
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Ah! the fake economist suggests we should bankrupt the economy. I suspect that the only people who think that would be a good idea share a room with you in whichever institution you currently find yourself residing.

that's a lie !

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's a lie !

So you support bankrupting the economy too do you, because that is exactly what would happen if the UK ceased trading with the EU which is the source of 50% of our trade. So very stupid. 

10 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So you support bankrupting the economy too do you, because that is exactly what would happen if the UK ceased trading with the EU which is the source of 50% of our trade. So very stupid. 

that's a lie !

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's a lie !

Really, I understood Brexit would not affect trade with the EU but would also increase trade with other countries, mainly the US. It seems to affect our trading with the EU and the US seem to be in negotiations to sign a free trade agreement with the EU telling us in the process ‘ neither the US or EU will trade with us unless we follow their joint rules ‘.

But maybe I got it wrong.