Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Manufacturing activity grew modestly in the quarter to April while stocks rose at a record pace, according to the latest quarterly CBI Industrial Trends Survey.
The survey of 270 manufacturing firms showed that while output growth sped up slightly in the three months to April, it remained relatively modest overall. Manufacturers expect output volumes to be broadly flat in the next three months.
Total new order volumes grew slightly in the three months to April, driven by a marginal increase in domestic orders, while export orders were steady. 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Manufacturing activity grew modestly in the quarter to April while stocks rose at a record pace, according to the latest quarterly CBI Industrial Trends Survey.
The survey of 270 manufacturing firms showed that while output growth sped up slightly in the three months to April, it remained relatively modest overall. Manufacturers expect output volumes to be broadly flat in the next three months.
Total new order volumes grew slightly in the three months to April, driven by a marginal increase in domestic orders, while export orders were steady. 

There you go

The IHS Markit/CIPS UK Manufacturing PMI was revised higher to 58.9 in March 2021, from a preliminary estimate of 57.9 and above February's 55.1

another day, another loss'

'The founder of a Scottish dog food business has told how Brexit forced him to move to France after his exports to the EU were halted because of the new trade barriers in place since 1 January.''

“This move will obviously mean a loss in tax revenue, jobs and investment in the UK economy,” he said.''

"The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said the government was “aware of the challenges faced by hauliers moving mixed loads of products of animal origin and other commodities to the EU” because of Brexit "

but conveniently forgot to tell the thickos that 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/01/brexit-scottish-dog-food-firm-relocates-to-france-due-to-export-red-tape

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

WHO slams slow rollout of vaccines in Europe, says it's prolonging the pandemic as new variants circulate

Roger Daltrey, again

Another step on the road to rejoining. 😀

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/01/uk-pledges-extra-250m-for-hi-tech-research-collaboration-with-eu

The government has stepped in at the 11th hour with an additional £250m in funding to help pay for the UK’s association with Horizon Europe, the European Union’s funding programme for research and innovation.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

another day, another loss'

'The founder of a Scottish dog food business has told how Brexit forced him to move to France after his exports to the EU were halted because of the new trade barriers in place since 1 January.''

“This move will obviously mean a loss in tax revenue, jobs and investment in the UK economy,” he said.''

"The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said the government was “aware of the challenges faced by hauliers moving mixed loads of products of animal origin and other commodities to the EU” because of Brexit "

but conveniently forgot to tell the thickos that 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/01/brexit-scottish-dog-food-firm-relocates-to-france-due-to-export-red-tape

Hey Bill! perhaps we have just misunderstood what the brexiteers were claiming all along. We thought they were claiming that UK businesses will be able to export their goods to the EU as normal after Brexit. Now it has become apparent they weren't talking about the export of UK goods, but the export of complete UK businesses to the EU. How silly of us not to realise this.

Can anyone tell me why exporting to the EU why it's a completely new set of paper work for different countries ?   I believed the EU was the same big club.   

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Can anyone tell me why exporting to the EU why it's a completely new set of paper work for different countries ?   I believed the EU was the same big club.   

It's sovereign countries controlling their own borders. It's what you voted for. 😀

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Is what not what the EU is about 

We're NOT in the EU numbskull. It's what you voted for.

This is what you wrote NUMBSKULL, incomprehensible ungrammatical rubbish:

"Is what not what the EU is about" 

This not even the level of English of a 5-year-old

Edited by horsefly

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

What you talking bout Swindo? 

Now be fair Herman, you can't expect him to answer a difficult question like that.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

can you tell us what are these differing rules, so we might explain

an example or two, perhaps ?

21 minutes ago, Bill said:
1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

s a completely new set of paper work for differ

can you tell us what are these differing rules, so we might explain

an example or two, perhaps ?

how can we offer any explanation, as you asked, if you do not provide any example ?

"a completely new set of paper work for different countries" swindo

35 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

DUMB REMAINERS !

So that's your considered response to a request asking you what the hell you mean by your incomprehensible claims. And then you have the cheek to whine about people ridiculing you. So let's try and make this as simple as possible:

1. You voted for the withdrawal of the UK from the EU and Single Market.

2. Therefore, you voted for the requirement for a whole set of new regulations (red tape) to regulate the new trading arrangements between the EU and UK.

3. You supported the government's refusal to sign up to an agreement to match the EU's quality standards in order that the UK government could diverge from those standards.

4. Therefore you voted for a brexit deal that required a vastly increased level of regulations and red tape in order for the EU to protect itself from being flooded with imports that fail to meet the quality standards that it demands from its own members.

So, two questions for you:

A. Which part of this very simple and obvious explanation don't you understand?

B. Are you now claiming that you didn't understand the clear consequences of voting for the brexit deal you supported?

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Is what not what the EU is about 

Once again you demonstrate that you voted to leave an organisation you know very little about.

Edited by A Load of Squit

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Once again you demonstrate that you voted to leave an organisation you very little about.

I say old chap

I think describing mouse brain's knowledge of the EU as 'very little' is rather stretching things

absolutely far call would be more accurate

as to the thought that he might know what he has posted, then see above

as usual. he has found something of one of his dodgy websites that proves that the EU is wicked

without any evidence, bar the words swindo has bleated out

a sympton of brexiter stupidity normal folk ghave grown used to over the years

I ask again, Why is the paperwork completely different ,  depending on which country it goes to in the EU even if it's travelling though that country  ?

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER ?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I ask again, Why is the paperwork completely different ,  depending on which country it goes to in the EU even if it's travelling though that country  ?

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER ?

where is your proof ?

1 minute ago, Herman said:

It isn't. 

swindo lying again .....................................gasp 😮

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

swindo lying again .....................................gasp 😮

Is every one who you don't agree with a liar Billy?? 

• Like 1