The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Let's hear it from someone who voted to leave the EU

I voted leave and you heard it from me.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Let's hear it from someone who voted to leave the EU

Don’t you ever get fed up being wrong all the while, Martin? 🤣

Vaccines may be produced in one place but "filled and finished" - put into vials and prepared for export - in another.

And some components used in making the vaccine may be made at yet another location. For example, the UK company Croda is supplying a component to Pfizer to make its vaccine.

8 hours ago, Indy said:

Not forgetting this new massive trade deal with the USA which the UK were supposed get according to the Brexitnumpties, yet now it transpires that the EU & US are about to sign a massive trade deal! Great time to have ditched our biggest market! It’s going to be a painful long road ahead.

So does this mean that the EU are now going to accept chlorinated US chicken?

On 28/03/2021 at 13:01, horsefly said:
2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So does this mean that the EU are now going to accept chlorinated US chicken?

Um, no. But you knew that didn’t you? 

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Um, no. But you knew that didn’t you? 

Indeed he does S! Who would have thought that when you negotiate from a position of power (EU population 450m) you get to dictate the terms. If only we could be a part of a powerful trading block like that to ensure we got the best deal going instead of hawking around substandard poundland deals .

I don't know who this guy is but he is dead right. This is for all those that still cheer a government that has overseen the deaths of thousands of your fellow citizens, blatantly stole form the state coffers, corruptly helped all their mates steal from the state coffers and taken away loads of your rights. You ain't no patriots bruv.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Vaccines may be produced in one place but "filled and finished" - put into vials and prepared for export - in another.

And some components used in making the vaccine may be made at yet another location. For example, the UK company Croda is supplying a component to Pfizer to make its vaccine.

mouse brain lying again, trying to pass off the above as his words

whereas he has lifted them from the BBC, and put them up so as to misrepresent the comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56483766

see bottom of article

The UK is at a "real risk" of falling behind the EU when it comes to workers' rights, the Trade Union Congress (TUC) says.

The union body said the EU had "various initiatives" in the pipeline which would improve standards once they became law.

But it said the UK had no similar legislation on the way.

The government previously said it wants to "protect and enhance workers' rights going forward, not row back on them".

The TUC's call comes three months after a new post-Brexit trade deal came into force between the UK and EU.

Both sides have committed not to lower labour standards in a way that impacts trade or investment - but that does not mean they have to match each other.

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

I'm a little bit surprised. I learned on here from many posters that a FTA between UK and USA meant we would have no choice but to accept US standard products such as chlorinated chicken. I even learned the border in NI was to protect the EU from these products. 

Now all of a sudden when the EU and USA might be making an FTA those same people are telling me that those same conditions won't be applying to the EU. 

I smell BS to be frank. 

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The UK is at a "real risk" of falling behind the EU when it comes to workers' rights, the Trade Union Congress (TUC) says.

The union body said the EU had "various initiatives" in the pipeline which would improve standards once they became law.

But it said the UK had no similar legislation on the way.

The government previously said it wants to "protect and enhance workers' rights going forward, not row back on them".

The TUC's call comes three months after a new post-Brexit trade deal came into force between the UK and EU.

Both sides have committed not to lower labour standards in a way that impacts trade or investment - but that does not mean they have to match each other.

I think we have to know the detail here. The TUC are a well-known lobbying group so they are going to paint a picture that suits them but at the moment there's no detail on the canvas except a promise not to lower standards. 

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

if the BBC lies then why do you pinch its stories ?

I did not pinch the story I just copied and pasted it, to prove a point. 

10 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm a little bit surprised. I learned on here from many posters that a FTA between UK and USA meant we would have no choice but to accept US standard products such as chlorinated chicken. I even learned the border in NI was to protect the EU from these products. 

Now all of a sudden when the EU and USA might be making an FTA those same people are telling me that those same conditions won't be applying to the EU. 

I smell BS to be frank. 

couldn't you be Moy or Jools, instead ?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I did not pinch the story I just copied and pasted it, to prove a point. 

then why not be honest and state that, so we can all see the context ?

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I think we have to know the detail here. The TUC are a well-known lobbying group so they are going to paint a picture that suits them but at the moment there's no detail on the canvas except a promise not to lower standards. 

by Johnson  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

then why not be honest and state that, so we can all see the context ?

too big, but it put across what I wanted to write 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

too big, but it put across what I wanted to write 

yep, you selected a bit out of context as the rest shows

and it is not too big, so stop lying all you have to do is post the link, as you have done elsewhere, regularly

I suspect however that you did not find thus piece or even read it - but just copied that bit from one of those misinformation sites you frequent

I feel like the EU this morning. I am getting grief for a problem that is well out of my control. And management's solution to the problem their tight wallets have caused will lead to a lot of problems later on which I will also get the blame for. 

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

I suspect however that you did not find thus piece or even read it - but just copied that bit from one of those misinformation sites you frequent

The  BBC ?

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I smell BS to be frank. 

Oh dear! The EU as a trading block matches the power of the US and can resist attempts to lower its food standards requirements. By withdrawing from that trade block we have reduced the UK to a minnow up against a shark, anyone thinking the US won't attempt to exploit that massive power imbalance to their advantage is living on Fanasy Island.

Edited by horsefly

Just more proof how awful EU countries are to foreigners, even those that have lived there for years, and why we were correct to leave.  The UK would never behave in such a mean-spirited way, but they have no right to complain when we start prioritising sending vaccines to our beloved Commonwealth friends rather than bitter spiteful countries such as Spain :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422293/Alicante-officials-refuse-let-dozens-Britons-Spain.html#comments

Edited by paul moy

if you voted for Brexit, and cheered on Boris as he rejected every compromise - Single Market, Freedom of Movement, Customs Union, then you own all of this. It’s your own actions that caused these outcomes, so own up to that and put down the self pity violins. It’s only the Virus that has by coincidence deflected most people’s attention from this national humiliation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

Just more proof how awful EU countries are to foreigners, even those that have lived there for years, and why we were correct to leave.  The UK would never behave in such a mean-spirited way, but they have no right to complain when we start prioritising sending vaccines to our beloved Commonwealth friends rather than bitter spiteful countries such as Spain :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422293/Alicante-officials-refuse-let-dozens-Britons-Spain.html#comments

The embassy spokesman added: 'Ultimately, the decision on whether to grant entry into Spain is made by Spanish border officials.'

I thought you were a fan of countries being in control of their borders. 😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Strange you make that statement. You are the one who voted Brexit to keep out all those nasty immigrants. 

You are a kipper.

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Why blame Europe, you voted for that, to be fair he lied about most things but he did say this ‘ could ‘ happen. Most of them being sent home voted leave, and as shown on here a few days ago wish they hadn’t.

You told us yesterday companies like BioNTech Pfizer were reconsidering their supply chains with EU. You were it seems after today’s news re 12-15 year olds lying through your teeth. I guess this was to muster up some hatred towards Europeans, yet on another thread you tell us how wonderful Farke and Pukki are, you can’t have it both ways either as you say ‘ All Europeans especially Germans are low life ‘ or they aren’t. Saying all means you can’t pick and choose.

Todays report says there is no racial hatred in the U.K., I think you are living proof that that report was just BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1