Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

15 hours ago, BigFish said:

image.thumb.png.f63ebecb79d3222950ce2ad270e764a8.png

I notice that not one of the RWNJs has addressed the stark reality of brexit's impact detailed in these figures. Nothing more than the usual links to some youtube xenophobe spouting utter nonsense. They don't seem to have worked out that some nutter posting videos of his opinions from the comfort of his parents' home doesn't constitute any sort of "authority". I'm surprised the air of the UK is not filled with the sound of violins as all the brexit Neros fiddle while UK industry burns.

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I notice that not one of the RWNJs has addressed the stark reality of brexit's impact detailed in these figures. Nothing more than the usual links to some youtube xenophobe spouting utter nonsense. They don't seem to have worked out that some nutter posting videos of his opinions from the comfort of his parents' home doesn't constitute any sort of "authority". I'm surprised the air of the UK is not filled with the sound of violins as all the brexit Neros fiddle while UK industry burns.

What you've failed to take into account that these figures will be off-set by the massive increases in the Flag industry and Priti Patel's one woman efforts to subsidise the UK Eyebrow Technicians. 😀

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What you've failed to take into account that these figures will be off-set by the massive increases in the Flag industry and Priti Patel's one woman efforts to subsidise the UK Eyebrow Technicians. 😀

I'm eagerly anticipating the government's announcement of a "National Flag Shag Day" when we can all joyously celebrate this fine symbol of empire and might. Boris will definitely be up for a bit of random shagging.

Edited by horsefly

1 minute ago, Herman said:

This family is a curse on Britain. Long may they **** off.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/stanley-johnson-delighted-holiday-let-loophole-has-given-legal/

Stanley Johnson: Why I'm delighted my holiday let loophole has been given legal backing.

Amen to that! Can't we inform Preeti about the Johnson family's foreign origins and get them deported double quick? They represent everything that is corrupt and stagnant about the system of privilege that allows these incompetent buffoons to dominate positions of power and hold back the progress this country requires.

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

I notice that not one of the RWNJs has addressed the stark reality of brexit's impact detailed in these figures.

another day, and the cash crash continues

"He says the past three months have been among the worst in his career, with a lucrative EU business brought to a halt because of the extra costs and paperwork caused by a hard Brexit."

“The last three months have been thoroughly unpleasant because of Brexit. It’s been terrible, it’s been one of the most stressful periods of my business life,” he said."

"Asked if there was any chance of an exemption in the post-Brexit rules in the consumer business in the UK, he said Prentis replied: “None.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/27/brexit-uk-cheese-firm-boss-in-despair-over-ministers-export-advice

What comes across is that so many believed that the regulations and costs for the UK would not apply once out of the EU, even though the UK would be a third country' as with all other non EU countries.

Four decades of misinformation, and (put bluntly) lies about the EU allowed brexiteers to peddle the myth that as the EU 'need us more than we need them' it would all be pretty much the same............despite the constant warnings of what leaving would do.

A worthy read that neatly sums up the ongoing horror of possibly the countrys worst ever mistake

AN ANTI-EU movement is growing across the bloc with members from six different EU states now signing to a joint manifesto to abandon Brussels.

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

AN ANTI-EU movement is growing across the bloc with members from six different EU states now signing to a joint manifesto to abandon Brussels.

Which states?

And why a "joint manifesto"?

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

it does have its funny bits though

Spanish police and immigration officials expect to deport around 500 UK citizens within weeks with targets already earmarked to be picked up and sent home for not having the correct paperwork to remain. Authorities have previously turned a blind-eye to Brits not legally registered in Spain but under Brexit rules they have to be out of the country by March 31 when they will be deemed as illegal immigrants as their 90-day legal stay comes to an end.

Brexit news
British expats are heading home from Spain

Returning expat Shaun Cromber voted Leave but said he did not believe Brexit would end his Spanish lifestyle. 

He said: "Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this.

"My application has been rejected and we are on our way home – my wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK."

Swindo levels of stupidity

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it does have its funny bits though

"Spanish police and immigration officials expect to deport around 500 UK citizens within weeks with targets already earmarked to be picked up and sent home for not having the correct paperwork to remain."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1415577/Brexit-news-latest-eu-vaccine-block-astrazeneca-uk-john-redwood-boris-johnson?__vfz=medium%3Dstandalone_content_recirculation_with_ads

"Fellow returning expat Shaun Cromber voted Leave but said he did not believe Brexit would end his Spanish lifestyle.

"My application has been rejected and we are on our way home – my wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK."

No bloody comment.🤨

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

"Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this"

What's the betting that this is currently the most used sentence by UK citizens?

• Like 2

"Now, like all other foreigners from outside the EU, British visitors who were once able to come and go on a whim will be limited to stays of 90 days within every 180 days. Those wishing to register as residents will have to jump through a number of bureaucratic hoops to prove earnings of £2,000 a month — and £500 more for each dependent — as well as acquire Spanish driving licences.

The end of the transition period on December 31 prompted a rush of applicants for residency cards before the new earnings requirement took effect. But the paperwork has proved taxing for many expats who speak little Spanish. Others who let properties in Spain are put off by the far higher tax they will have to pay as non-EU citizens.

“The Sunday roast, fish and chips brigade, have taken a big hit. A lot have thrown the keys back and ****ed off,” said Julian Charter, an estate agent and former pub landlord from Newbury, Berkshire, living in southern Spain, who added that the pandemic had also contributed to this outflow.

Michel Euesden, owner of Euro Weekly, an English language newspaper in southern Spain, said: “Removal companies have never been busier. There’s an abundance of people leaving.”

Daphne Vallins, 64, has returned from southern Spain to live with her mother in Leatherhead, Surrey. “I did not want to apply for residence status. It would mean paying £100 a month in private health insurance, changing my UK driving licence into a Spanish one and having to pay my taxes in Spain,” she said.

Among those affected are so-called “swallows”, Britons with second homes in Spain who used to come and go as they pleased but will now have their passports stamped with entry visas limiting them to three months in Spain like other tourists from outside the EU. They are dispirited.

“We decided that it was all too much if we could only spend 90 days there,” said Chantal Purdy, a retired school examiner who, with her husband David, moved home to Hinckley, Leicestershire, last year for good.

“We are very sad as we adore our house in Spain. We never imagined that Brexit would stop all this. It is awful.”

Euesden said: “We were warning about the consequences of Brexit, but nobody took any notice. Now our lives have changed for ever.”

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, Herman said:

"Fellow returning expat Shaun Cromber voted Leave but said he did not believe Brexit would end his Spanish lifestyle.

Beggars belief really, and we thought Swindo and Paul were thick but they're going to have really up their game a lot if this guy joins the Pink Un board.

Never mind his utter stupidity in believing it wouldn't impact his Spanish lifestyle, I'd really love to hear his rationale for voting Leave in the first place. I don't think Swindo, Jools, Paul, or RTB could lay a glove on this guy 😂😂😂

Horticulture update.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/mar/28/all-is-not-rosy-for-uk-gardens-as-brexit-hits-supplies-and-covid-hikes-demand

This rings true. A mixture of positive and negative.A great start to spring, with large sales but with one of our busiest times in the calendar coming up we have run out of stock. Covid lead to a large cut in production last year and brexit is now making it harder to get stuff in from Europe.

So, Novavax are apparently reluctant to sign a contract with the EU for their vaccine due to the way that the EU have behaved with AstraZeneca, which I did opine a few days ago, and this guy appears to agree.  Quelle Surprise !!  🤗

... and an unfortunate mistype in the Express names the leader of the EU as Ursulka von der Leyen... which they have now corrected 🤣

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1415796/brexit-news-uk-trade-deals-outside-eu-vaccine-war-revenge

14 minutes ago, paul moy said:

So, Novavax are apparently reluctant to sign a contract with the EU for their vaccine due to the way that the EU have behaved with AstraZeneca, which I did opine a few days ago, and this guy appears to agree.  Quelle Surprise !!  🤗

... and an unfortunate mistype in the Express names the leader of the EU as Ursulka von der Leyen... which they have now corrected 🤣

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1415796/brexit-news-uk-trade-deals-outside-eu-vaccine-war-revenge

"the company admitted it had raw material supply shortages."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14476948/eu-chiefs-fail-new-covid-19-vaccine-novavax/

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy, The Express and the Sun.

27 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Why lie ?

He can't stop. The lying scumbag has been peddling misinformation right from the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

why have you posted this twice?

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't think it's a lie, Paul is just reporting on the story 

I don’t normally reply to you but the guy is lying in defence of his hatred of a particular community. 
I have asked him 15 times for a link to his lie about the U.K. and he keeps ignoring me. Is he the previous poster Teemu’s Right Foot ‘.

What he has done here is taken some truth mixed it with his hatred, then turned it into a lie. If you read @A load of squit post you will see his addition to make it a lie. The difference between you and him is you genuinely put articles which may or may not be correct, he takes articles adds a bit of nonsense knowing it’s not true and because he knowingly knows it’s untrue it’s a lie.

As I keep explaining a huge amount of the problems are down to the US, but people find it better to blame the EU for everything. The EU have had their faults in the process, but it seems in April ( remember you said I had got it wrong ) the EU will have plenty of Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson and Johnson.

You must also remember that other than AstraZeneca the US have huge control over the main companies hence their constant humiliating comments of AstraZeneca, again most of the derogatory statements of the Oxford vaccine come from the US but we have chosen to place them on the EU.

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

He can't stop. The lying scumbag has been peddling misinformation right from the start.

My suspicions have been aroused that he was the previous poster ‘ Teemu’s Right Foot ‘ ( I am sure you remember him ), due to his Alex Belfield post on a different thread. I maybe wrong but would love to know.

17 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

why have you posted this twice?

Yet still can’t find time to post the link that I have been requesting about the U.K. vaccine exports.