Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Why do you keeping going on about a vaccine that has nothing to do with Brexit. Guess everything else is going so bad that you and Boris need a distraction.

48 minutes ago, Well b back said:

At least Swindon has somebody that will react to one of his posts now lol

Birds of a feather you might say..............peacocks spring to mind with their loud squawking and tiny brains  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/03/2021 at 09:40, SwindonCanary said:

All my own work, the EU are taking us to the EU Court (that has no jurisdiction over us) to complain about us breaking the the agreement that it has even been ratified yet. Not a chance of winning.  Everyone keeps saying what good has Brexit done, how about what good has the EU done since we left ?

Wrong.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit-next-steps-the-court-of-justice-of-the-eu-and-the-uk/

4 hours ago, paul moy said:

This is the view of one journalist, not Australia. Honestly, you ****ing idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

For once today there is a bit of good news for leavers regards some possible investment, however they are so interested in the ‘ vaccine ‘ so we don’t talk about Brexit that they didn’t even notice it, shows they aren’t really interested.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

IN THE BIT YOU POSTED = RIGHT 

Under the WA, the CJEU will no longer have general jurisdiction over the UK in relation to any acts that take place on or after 1 January 2021. 

Edited by SwindonCanary

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

IN THE BIT YOU POSTED = RIGHT 

Under the WA, the CJEU will no longer have general jurisdiction over the UK in relation to any acts that take place on or after 1 January 2021. 

See this is where you Brexiteers fail. Hard. You don't actually read what's in front of you. You read what you want to see.

Quote from the piece 

The transition period and the application of EU law in the UK ends on 1 January 2021 (unless extended). However, under the WA the CJEU’s jurisdiction continues beyond the transition period in some areas.

First, its jurisdiction over concepts of EU law that arise over the interpretation and application of the WA lasts as long as aspects of the WA remain in operation

The EU are taking us to Court over our attempts to extend a concept created in the WA. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2021/03/03/eu-will-go-to-court-over-uk-s-unilateral-action-on-northern-ireland-protocol

As per the agreement between the parties, the European Courts retain jurisdiction.

I can quote you the sections of the withdrawal agreement that makes this law if you prefer, but something tells me it would go very much over your head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

And now the RN is reducing its fleet. Some poor scmuck will be rowing around in a coracle looking for foreign fishermen.

I wonder if they can fit a nuclear warhead on a coracle? Better call Grayling to get to work on that project.

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

And now the RN is reducing its fleet. Some poor scmuck will be rowing around in a coracle looking for foreign fishermen.

I wonder if they can fit a nuclear warhead on a coracle? Better call Grayling to get to work on that project

AND NOW YOU ARE BEENING SILLY, AS YOU WERE WHEN YOU VOTED TO STAY IN THE EU.

7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

See this is where you Brexiteers fail. Hard. You don't actually read what's in front of you. You read what you want to see.

Quote from the piece 

The transition period and the application of EU law in the UK ends on 1 January 2021 (unless extended). However, under the WA the CJEU’s jurisdiction continues beyond the transition period in some areas.

First, its jurisdiction over concepts of EU law that arise over the interpretation and application of the WA lasts as long as aspects of the WA remain in operation

The EU are taking us to Court over our attempts to extend a concept created in the WA. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2021/03/03/eu-will-go-to-court-over-uk-s-unilateral-action-on-northern-ireland-protocol

As per the agreement between the parties, the European Courts retain jurisdiction.

I can quote you the sections of the withdrawal agreement that makes this law if you prefer, but something tells me it would go very much over your head.

People such as you should go and live in your beloved EU. 

You are clearly anti-UK

My view as a loyal backer of my country is that we should ditch the WA,  pay the EU nothing and go to WTO, as the EU are dead set on damaging us at all costs, so we may as well suffer that but outside of the ridiculous agreement. 

Brexiteers never wanted a WA, it is purely a remoaner construct and is not to the UK's benefit. 

If the EU put an export ban on us the whole agreement with them should be declared null and void imo as any good faith is gone, as this is the just another item in a number of irrational vicious attacks by the failing EUSSR. 

Edited by paul moy
  • Like 1

I really can't wait for this in 2022. I grow my own food now and celebrate our weather every day. This looks like something right up my street. Time to put our arms around each other, Brexiters and Remoaners alike and hail the new Global Britain. It might be a tad expensive at £120m but what the hell, opportunities like this don't come around very often do they? This is the positive Brexit thread too.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/mar/24/festival-of-brexit-first-events-for-divisive-120m-project-announced

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Anyone notice the problem with this rant? 😉🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Anyone notice the problem with this rant? 😉🤣

He's too thick to realise that Brexit means we can't. Perhaps he and the other RWNJs should **** off to the Bolivian jungle; I'm sure he'll find some communities there that embody precisely his sort of politics and values. I believe there were quite a few of them set up around 1945.

31 minutes ago, paul moy said:

You are clearly anti-UK

My view as a loyal backer of my country is that we should ditch the WA,  pay the EU nothing and go to WTO, as the EU are dead set on damaging us at all costs, so we may as well suffer that but outside of the ridiculous agreement. 

Brexiteers never wanted a WA, it is purely a remoaner construct and is not to the UK's benefit. 

If the EU put an export ban on us the whole agreement with them should be declared null and void imo as any good faith is gone, as this is the just another item in a number of irrational vicious attacks by the failing EUSSR. 

Oh Paul. 

The difference between you and Swindon, Paul, is that Swindon at least has a degree of intelligence. 

You on the other hand, calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people nationwide. I mean if I threw a stick, you would absolutely chase after it. I don't know what makes you so dumb, but it really works.

Patriotism is the blind support of everything a government does. You are nothing more than a nationalist clapping monkey, dismissed by the majority because you're too incapable of joining a national debate in any meaningful way.

So carry on with your mundane comments "You are a UK hater" or other such ****. I'll continue to talk to the adults in this forum and ignore the children like you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh Paul. 

The difference between you and Swindon, Paul, is that Swindon at least has a degree of intelligence. 

You on the other hand, calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people nationwide. I mean if I threw a stick, you would absolutely chase after it. I don't know what makes you so dumb, but it really works.

Patriotism is the blind support of everything a government does. You are nothing more than a nationalist clapping monkey, dismissed by the majority because you're too incapable of joining a national debate in any meaningful way.

So carry on with your mundane comments "You are a UK hater" or other such ****. I'll continue to talk to the adults in this forum and ignore the children like you.

You are not a UK patriot so go and live in your EUtopia........  you are not wanted here

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I really can't wait for this in 2022. I grow my own food now and celebrate our weather every day. This looks like something right up my street. Time to put our arms around each other, Brexiters and Remoaners alike and hail the new Global Britain. It might be a tad expensive at £120m but what the hell, opportunities like this don't come around very often do they? This is the positive Brexit thread too.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/mar/24/festival-of-brexit-first-events-for-divisive-120m-project-announced

Well said. Those that cannot unite behind 'Global Britain' should go and unite in the Vaterland. 

43 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It is reciprocated here because of their overbearing, arrogant, jealous and bitter attitude. We should cut all ties until the EU treat us with the respect that an independent sovereign nation deserves. They are like a bitter and jealous divorcee that cannot move on so it is down to us to make an absolutely clean break.  

WTO ASAP please !!!!!

27 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The WTO slags off the EU for stealing vaccines from Australia and trying to steal them from the UK  !!!!!  🤗

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1413847/Eu-news-vaccine-export-ban-WTO-director-general-eu-march-11-vaccine-mechanism

You are lying.

Throughout the world the EU has been praised for the exports they have made so far, it is only the U.K. that have been goading them. Now if Johnson’s latest comments about about greed and capitalism were meant then they will have no option but to carry out their threat.

up until yesterday the EU weren’t going to do this, now I am not so sure.

By the way you may notice you are the only one that replies to Swindon now.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, paul moy said:

You are not a UK patriot so go and live in your EUtopia........  you are not wanted here

T***

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:
  10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wonder if they can fit a nuclear warhead on a coracle? Better call Grayling to get to work on that project

AND NOW YOU ARE BEENING SILLY, AS YOU WERE WHEN YOU VOTED TO STAY IN THE EU.

Is beening a verb?

To been: get involved in an argument with SwindonCanary.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It is reciprocated here because of their overbearing, arrogant, jealous and bitter attitude. We should cut all ties until the EU treat us with the respect that an independent sovereign nation deserves. They are like a bitter and jealous divorcee that cannot move on so it is down to us to make an absolutely clean break.  

WTO ASAP please !!!!!

So when we were told Brexit was about the economy, investment, the ability to carry on trading with the EU this was not really true, it clearly for many was about racial hatred towards Europeans.

You are now using a vaccine to cover up where it is going wrong and put fuel on the fire of your hatred towards them.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The new deal is the first major agreement to be signed by the UK’s post-Brexit Office for Investment, which was set up by Boris Johnson in November.

Woop Woop

One deal in five months worth a paltry £800 million per annum.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You are lying.

Throughout the world the EU has been praised for the exports they have made so far, it is only the U.K. that have been goading them. Now if Johnson’s latest comments about about greed and capitalism were meant then they will have no option but to carry out their threat.

up until yesterday the EU weren’t going to do this, now I am not so sure.

By the way you may notice you are the only one that replies to Swindon now.

The EU have not made exports but the vaccine companies have as they are fulfilling contractual obligations due to early orders place by other countries. To say that the EU export vaccines is a clear lie so withdraw it !!!!

The only orders that the EU would export are under the COVAX scheme which the UK already have done and will continue to do. Gambia for instance are offering free jabs and an expat I know has already had one there.