Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

22 hours ago, horsefly said:

The horrific reality of Brexit explained very clearly by a UK cheese producer. Perhaps Swindon, Moy, or Jools would like to tell this man what he has got wrong (somehow I don't think they will):

'The horrific reality of Brexit explained very clearly by a UK cheese producer.'

🤣

5 hours ago, Jools said:

'The horrific reality of Brexit explained very clearly by a UK cheese producer.'

🤣

Well that sums you up. Not a word from you in response to this man's plight, nor that of the thousands of other businesses imperilled by the awful deal that you supported. And what sort of "patriot" is happy to see a business like this forced to relocate part of his company to France to continue trading. I would have thought you would be appalled to see an EU country profit at the UK's loss. Wow! what a traitor you are, laughing at the massive economic harm being caused to UK businesses. But then it seems every brexiteer on this site is happy to see the destruction of UK trade as long as it satisfies their twisted and deluded xenophobic fantasies.

Edited by horsefly

7 hours ago, Jools said:

The value of goods exported from the UK to the EU fell by £5.6bn in January 2021, Grandpapa, but that isn't really negative news for us when one considers imports from the EU dropped by £6.6bn...

Looks like a win for the UK to me..

Maybe, just maybe, the EU should cease trying to punish the UK for the good of all concerned in Europe.

Your economic illiteracy is astonishing. Do feel free to explain how a drop of £5.6 billion in exports to the EU is compensated for by a drop of £6.6 billion of imports from the EU? Are you really that thick? I guess we only need to look at your posts to know the obvious answer to that question. And just to remind you, since you're so dumb, the EU is made up of 27 countries and their sad losses will be dispersed over that 27, the UK is one country and will have to shoulder this devastating loss by itself.

Oh look! found a little scene that captures your understanding of brexit economics perfectly (since you're so dumb I probably need to point out that you're the Black Knight)

I suppose a £5.6 billion loss in one month of brexit is just a "flesh wound" to a deluded xenophobic gammon like you.

Edited by horsefly

6 hours ago, Jools said:

The value of goods exported from the UK to the EU fell by £5.6bn in January 2021, Grandpapa, but that isn't really negative news for us when one considers imports from the EU dropped by £6.6bn..

poor mad moy

the UK acts as a redistribution hub for parts of the EU.

ie much of what is imported into the UK is then used to make the finished product that is then shipped back to the EU, as with car manufacturing

the huge reductions we are now seeing are the consequences of the UK introducing costs, regulation and red tape at the borders

jobs that have been lost. and will be lost over the next months and years, won't come back, as the cost of shipping goods in and out of the UK makes those goods commercially unviable

however at the moment furlough money is covering up the huge losses, and only when that ends will we see the true horrors - much as folk surfacing from deep shelters during the blitz were only made aware of the real damage when it was seen in the cold hard light of day

that day is coming

Blitz in London -- rescue workers in bombed street, WW2 #7637563

"ere Bert, can you see any sunny uplands from up there ? "

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Blitz in London -- rescue workers in bombed street, WW2 #7637563

"ere Bert, can you see any sunny uplands from up there ? "

"Yes Ethel, they're in France"

So far the benefits of brexit is that imports has collapsed (don't mention exports) and the EU's vaccine rollout has gone a bit ****. Woop, woop. All worth it.😐

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How like you to take pleasure in the prospect that EU citizens might die because of vaccine delays. Would you like to now explain why the UK still has by far the highest number of deaths of any european country? (Is that a cause for triumphalism?). And, of course, yet again you have failed to read the article, but we all know that nuance and complexity are two things your paltry collection of brain cells are unable to cope with:

At the same time though, there is a growing sense of the EU closing ranks.

Smaller and less well-off member states were always grateful to have access to any vaccines at all. Thanks to Brussels, they say, they can vaccinate at the same time as wealthy France and Germany. An impossible prospect had they been left to fend for themselves.

Increasingly the EU finger of blame points outwards: at governments outside the bloc and at pharmaceutical companies.

Even well-known Brussels critic Viktor Orban, the Hungarian prime minister, recently admitted that vaccine deliveries agreed by the EU were "constantly delayed and rescheduled".

The EU has approved the use of four vaccines so far: Moderna, Oxford-AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson and BioNtech-Pfizer.

Each and every one has posed delivery problems.

Above all, AstraZeneca. The EU expected around 100 million doses of the AZ vaccine by the end of this month but AZ is struggling to deliver even 40 million. It's now feared it will be pushed to honour commitments to the EU from April, too.

Edited by horsefly

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

How like you to take pleasure in the prospect that EU citizens might die because of vaccine delays. Would you like to now explain why the UK still has by far the highest number of deaths of any european country? (Is that a cause for triumphalism?).

That is quite a strange piece from Katja, normally a very good journalist.

"It's all going terribly in the EU with their vaccine rollout and here's why. (A few paragraphs later.) But there is some good news.(One line of no explanation.) But here's why it is going so terribly. (A few paragraphs later.) But there is some good news. (One line of little explanation.) And a lot more explanation of why it is going terribly wrong......." Rinse and repeat.

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

6Q5WtWu8_bigger.jpg

Replying to
Y'know, in many ways, leaving the world's largest trading block is like making love to a beautiful woman. You procrastinate, bodge it up, forget about protection and then deny you did anything wrong, leaving a sticky mess behind.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

How like you to take pleasure in the prospect that EU citizens might die because of vaccine delays. Would you like to now explain why the UK still has by far the highest number of deaths of any european country? (Is that a cause for triumphalism?). And, of course, yet again you have failed to read the article, but we all know that nuance and complexity are two things your paltry collection of brain cells are unable to cope with:

At the same time though, there is a growing sense of the EU closing ranks.

Smaller and less well-off member states were always grateful to have access to any vaccines at all. Thanks to Brussels, they say, they can vaccinate at the same time as wealthy France and Germany. An impossible prospect had they been left to fend for themselves.

Increasingly the EU finger of blame points outwards: at governments outside the bloc and at pharmaceutical companies.

Even well-known Brussels critic Viktor Orban, the Hungarian prime minister, recently admitted that vaccine deliveries agreed by the EU were "constantly delayed and rescheduled".

The EU has approved the use of four vaccines so far: Moderna, Oxford-AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson and BioNtech-Pfizer.

Each and every one has posed delivery problems.

Above all, AstraZeneca. The EU expected around 100 million doses of the AZ vaccine by the end of this month but AZ is struggling to deliver even 40 million. It's now feared it will be pushed to honour commitments to the EU from April, too.

I take no pleasure in reporting how badly the EU are doing, but here are some on here who don't believe it.

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I take no pleasure in reporting how badly the EU are doing, but here are some on here who don't believe it.

Why are you even posting this on a brexit thread? (I would correct your spelling and grammar but if I were to spend my time doing that for your posts there would be no time left for anything else)

Edited by horsefly

No, we do believe it Swindo, and we are not happy about how it has been handled because some of us have family and friends in the EU and we can also understand that they need to get it right or the whole world can't move forward. We can also see it isn't as black and white as you would like to believe. There are negatives and there are positives. Very similar to the UKs handling of the pandemic.

But, if you want to talk about Covid there already is a thread about it. Maybe your views on the vaccine rollout should go on there. I am sure Ricardo and VW would love it.😀

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Why are you even posting this on a brexit thread? (I would correct your spelling and grammar but if I were to spend my time doing that for your posts there would be no time left for anything else)

I could ask why you are posting on the 'Positive Brexit thread' !

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I could ask why you are posting on the 'Positive Brexit thread' !

My posts are about brexit and the fact there are no positive points about brexit. Your comments about vaccines have NOTHING to do with Brexit as Dr June Raine (responsible for vaccine approval) and Kate Bingham (responsible for vaccine roll-out) have both clearly stated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

My posts are about brexit and the fact there are no positive points about brexit. Your comments about vaccines have NOTHING to do with Brexit as Dr June Raine (responsible for vaccine approval) and Kate Bingham (responsible for vaccine roll-out) have both clearly stated.

do you not take note of my reply's If those who support the EU continue to believe they can do no wrong then someone gotta  put them right, if your posts are about Brexit then you should post on Brexit tread (reprise)

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

do you not take note of my reply's If those who support the EU continue to believe they can do no wrong then someone gotta  put them right, if your posts are about Brexit then you should post on Brexit tread (reprise)

First, find any remainer on this thread who says the EU can do no wrong. Secondly, you are clearly too stupid to realise that your second point is in flat contradiction to your first. Well done for contradicting yourself within the space of a single sentence, that's quite some feat.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

This is a really strange time to write this report. 3 weeks ago this would probably have been reasonably accurate, but they are now picking up pace ( yesterday 1.35 million doses administered ). 
It also shows how you and mad moy lied to us by claiming we could not go on our own, when clearly you could.

It seems like as Brexit is not going as well as expected, Johnson is intent in waving flags and encouraging people to hate Europeans, which seems to be the very same ploy used by him and Farage to get us into this mess.

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

This is a really strange time to write this report. 3 weeks ago this would probably have been reasonably accurate, but they are now picking up pace ( yesterday 1.35 million doses administered ). 
It also shows how you and mad moy lied to us by claiming we could not go on our own, when clearly you could.

It seems like as Brexit is not going as well as expected, Johnson is intent in waving flags and encouraging people to hate Europeans, which seems to be the very same ploy used by him and Farage to get us into this mess.

it's on the BBC site today !

11 hours ago, Jools said:

The value of goods exported from the UK to the EU fell by £5.6bn in January 2021, Grandpapa, but that isn't really negative news for us when one considers imports from the EU dropped by £6.6bn...

Maybe, just maybe, the EU should cease trying to punish the UK for the good of all concerned in Europe.

But the EU is looking after its own interests. We left so why should they make it easy for us. We are now in competition for trade with them.

And how is it a win? Its just a difference in balance of payments. If we needed those imports but couldn't be bothered because of all the new red tape your new found sovereignty has caused, it is a loss.

12 hours ago, Jools said:

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

But the EU is looking after its own interests. We left so why should they make it easy for us. We are now in competition for trade with them.

And how is it a win? Its just a difference in balance of payments. If we needed those imports but couldn't be bothered because of all the new red tape your new found sovereignty has caused, it is a loss.

Only the economically illiterate could consider this a UK win. A fall in trade of £12.2 billion in one month can only be negative for the economy. Imagine how much the Brexidiots would wet themselves over a trade deal worth £146 Billion (£12.2 x 12 months) which is the annualised loss to UK trade. Imports and Exports both contribute to UK wealth in terms of jobs, taxes and services.

In addition this is a wholly owned failure by the UK. It should be noted that EU has yet to ratify the CTA. Unless the Brexidiots and Johnson STFU and implement what they agreed the EU might just walk away. This would prompt more blubbing about how unfair the EU is from Brexwits who don't understand the limits of sovereignity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.150006affaf44ad8bd997573cba25172.png

That says therefore the eu will be vaccinated by August ie 2 months after the U.K. and 1 month ahead of the target they set in November 2020. 

Are you therefore stating that your mate mad Moy is basically a liar as he has insisted the EU will not be vaccinated until well into next year ?

By the way you cut of the bit in the article that clarifies 1 dose will be received by June, in which case of course ( but highly unlikely )  the eu will have finished 4 weeks before us. 

• Haha 1

Will the 'tens of billions' saved balance out the billions the gov. has wasted giving money to their mates/donors for dodgy PPE/Coronavirus/Serco T&T contracts?

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Like 1