Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

5 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

As a chef thought-out the seventies & eighties I did 13 hour shifts 7 days a week -- It was hard, but one didn't instantly get a pay rise "

download (1).jpg

And that is Jools preparing his appropriately named signature dish of Eton Mess.🇬🇧

30 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Excellent rebuttal for SC.

Every set of fraudsters needs their marks. I'm pretty amazed some are still too proud or stupid to admit this particular one to themselves.

why does everyone mention the bus ?

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

why does everyone mention the bus ?

You and Jools have both been caught out lying. Does it ever occur to you that you might look a lot less foolish if you just admitted you are wrong.

15 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So why are the EU  saying they may have to put a boarder up at the crossing ?

I notice you didn't return with an answer to my question: "WE chose to leave the EU and that necessitates customs checks between the two different markets. If the UK breaks the NI protocol a customs border has to be placed somewhere. Where do you suggest the border be placed if the UK breaks the agreement it signed off in January?"

Perhaps you don't understand the problem the UK created so I have found a video clip for you to help (Do notice that this vid was made in June last year yet nothing was done by Frost, Johnson and co to avert the calamity that was very clearly going to happen):

David Jones

The pluses from Brexit far outweigh the minuses but still the Remainiacs persist in bleating and moaning in the forlorn hope that somehow democracy can be overturned. It can't and it won't. Take the rough with the smooth and move on. You are wasting your lives looking to the past. It is gone.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:
David Jones

The pluses from Brexit far outweigh the minuses but still the Remainiacs persist in bleating and moaning in the forlorn hope that somehow democracy can be overturned. It can't and it won't. Take the rough with the smooth and move on. You are wasting your lives looking to the past. It is gone.

What were the plusses that Mr Jones ( who he?) claimed outweighed the minuses?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I wonder what Micky Dolenz, Peter Talk and Michael Nesmith had to say? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Are getting fed up with the amount of tumbleweed that turns up when you ask this simple question?? 

• Haha 1

On a more serious note with the UK playing fast and loose with the agreement do you think that the EU parliament will get so fed up they'll simply refuse to ratify and plunge the UK into 'No Deal'?

I think there is a growing possibility - after all a lot of businesses are already voting with their feet so the EU has less fear and growig  confidence of such a scenario.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

On a more serious note with the UK playing fast and loose with the agreement do you think that the EU parliament will get so fed up they'll simply refuse to ratify and plunge the UK into 'No Deal'?

I think there is a growing possibility - after all a lot of businesses are already voting with their feet so the EU has less fear and growig  confidence of such a scenario.

I think the threat in itself will be enough for Johnson to be told to perform another of his u-turns.

As the UK is incapable of dealing with the 'light touch' regulations that currently exist, lord knows what it will do when they tighten up in April, and then further in July.

By tighten up. I mean apply the regulations that the UK negotiated and signed up to.

It is not going ro look oretty, I can assure you

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes, that is a growing possibility.

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

David Jones was, of course, David Bowie's real name, so clearly Swindo's best mate Jools must have had another seance to contact his old best-buddy. Apparently the "connection" wasn't very clear but Dave definitely said something begining with "B" and ending with "ox". I can only assume he was talking about a 1000% increase in the sale of young male bovines as the medium definitely thought he said something about a load of bullocks.

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I see you still haven't admited to the lie about the £350m a week claim, and haven't responded to the video which clearly explains how Johnson and Frost lied about border checks between the UK and NI. Neither have you said where the border should be. As for this piece of vacuous Johnson tosh, the answer is quite simple: do the honourable thing and meet the requirements of the deal and the laws that you signed up to.

52 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, that is a growing possibility.

I was going to expand on my short answer, but I see Simon Jenkins in The Guardian has summed it up. The one point he seems to hint at but doesn't make clear is that as it stands both the either/or solutions to the Irish border question scr*w the NI economy.

It doesn't matter whether the border is in the Irish sea, as now, or between the north and the south. Either way it hits the local economy. The only answer is to put the UK in a customs' union with the EU (which was Labour policy), but that is anathema to the deranged Brexiters.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/08/boris-johnsons-brexit-northern-ireland-customs-union-border

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

We live in hope !!   France won't like it though as their fishing quotas in UK waters = zero and Germany would have a fit as their cars take a 25% tariff........  etc etc 🤣

18 minutes ago, paul moy said:

We live in hope !!   France won't like it though as their fishing quotas in UK waters = zero and Germany would have a fit as their cars take a 25% tariff........  etc etc 🤣

Lucky for them they already have 27 countries (nearly half-a-billion people) to market to, especially as imports from the UK will be nosediving...... etc etc

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Sensible answers only please.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Sensible answers only please.

Don't you think you are setting the bar a bit high?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Don't you think you are setting the bar a bit high?

What?  For a top economist like PM, surely not!!!! 

Edited by horsefly

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Lucky for them they already have 27 countries (nearly half-a-billion people) to market to, especially as imports from the UK will be nosediving...... etc etc

Sure.... LOL

I can just see countries such as Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Malta, Cyprus, Greece and Luxemburg making up the shortfall of the fifth largest economy in the world.  🤣

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Sure.... LOL

I can just see countries such as Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Malta, Cyprus, Greece and Luxemburg making up the shortfall of the fifth largest economy in the world.  🤣

Perhaps you would like to list the other 19 too! Of course in England we have the mighty economic super powers Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales to take up all the stuff not being sold to the EU. Where did you get that economics degree? You do realise printing a certificate off the internet doesn't count don't you? What a joker you are.

31 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Sure.... LOL

Sixth actually. India has overtaken us.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sixth actually. India has overtaken us.

India up to fifth, eh! Sounds like that is a country really worth doing a trade deal with. A shame India would insist on the UK allowing in many more immigrants, which obviously cannot be countenanced. The UK didn't leave the EU on the virtuous principle of getting back total control  of its borders only to backslide for mere economic gain now did it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Free The Brexit 5!

Not good for beer lovers

"The beer managed to get from Budapest across three countries in five days but has been left standing in Stanford le Hope in Essex - about an hour's drive away - for nearly two weeks."

How the hell can this be allowed to happen 😡

This must be fake, right?

Pubs not open in the UK?

EDIT- Seems like an online event. I presume the pub distributes the beer to the punters, and they discuss online? Or not, on this occasion 😔

2nd EDIT- I guess if I had read the whole article properly, there would have been no need for this post, but then that's what happens when you live in a city where the pubs are open 👍🍺

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

This must be fake, right?

Pubs not open in the UK?

Yup, fake news.... they didn't do the paperwork it appears 🤣

14 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Yup, fake news.... they didn't do the paperwork it appears 🤣

No, not fake news, it seems 

Anyone remember the good old days when the UK could trade without this level of paperwork? Paperwork that wasn't spoken about in 2016 by people advocating to leave?

🤔

• Haha 2