Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

HaHaHa!     🤣

Should we call you a doctor? you only have to ask, we know how much you suffer.

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

NOTHING SUFFERING HERE. I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD   🙂

Megalomania is described as a paranoid or manic mental disorder. One of its symptoms is a person who writes whole messages in capital letters. Another symptom is blind, irrational optimism.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Aaargh, this is so brexit. An EC rule,which was not a bad rule, designed for people's safety against fraud, has been "ripped up" and made out to be an important win, even though other EU countries have changed their own limits, because of Covid.

The fact is that we are free at last to make our own decisions, good or bad, whatever your view.  That is what we voted for funnily enough,   and now thankfully we do not have to have to consult the protectionist and failing EU before every little move.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Aaargh, this is so brexit. An EC rule,which was not a bad rule, designed for people's safety against fraud, has been "ripped up" and made out to be an important win, even though other EU countries have changed their own limits, because of Covid.

We are soon coming out of lockdown and want to create a boom from pent-up demand but also use of more contactless means less chance of spreading the dreaded virus.  All commonsense, n'est pas. 

19 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

The major fishing company you refer to is Fal Fish. It is on an industrial estate a mile and a half from my home.

Employing about 140 people, many East European, its product comes to the factory from local fishermen. Its product goes to Morrisons supermarket, where it always has done. So nothing has changed except Morrisons have bought out the local owners.

Directly across the road is a factory employing a similar number. It is Curver, an injection plastics company from the Netherlands, owned by Keter, an Israeli company.

Their products, while sold in the UK, are also sold in the EU.

The factory was originally built with European money to house Case, a US company that manufactured jcbs. They were succeeded by Contico who also manufactured plastic domestic products.

So tell me, which factory is benefitting foreign sales and exports more?

Here we go again......  it was not 'european money', but UK money redirected.  We can now keep our 15 Billion a year to spend as we wish and not have the gullible likes of you thanking the EU for spending OUR money !!! 😎

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Here we go again......  it was not 'european money', but UK money redirected.  We can now keep our 15 Billion a year to spend as we wish and not have the gullible likes of you thanking the EU for spending OUR money !!! 😎

Here we go again! A buffoon who claims to be an economist but doesn't understand that the £15billion invested in EU and single market membership paid back in many more billions of profits for businesses able to trade freely without the massive red-tape and costs that brexit has brought. A buffoon who claims to be an economist but seems incapable of reading the Government's own reports on the negative effect that brexit will have on the UK's GDP. I could go on but these very obvious facts are getting tedious to repeat to those with no intellectual capacity to understand simple economic realities.

I FEEL YOU ARE THE  BAFFOON THINKING I'M "Megalomania is described as a paranoid or manic mental disorder"

I'M THE ONE WHO CHOSE THE RIGHT SIDE OF BREXIT AND AS YOU DON'T LIKE THE CAPITALS I'LL KEEP ON THEM🤣

Edited by SwindonCanary

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I FEEL YOU ARE THE  BAFFOON THINKING I'M "Megalomania is described as a paranoid or manic mental disorder"

I'M THE ONE WHO CHOSE THE RIGHT SIDE OF BREXIT AND AS YOU DON'T LIKE THE CAPITALS I'LL KEEP ON THEM🤣

What's a "BAFFOON" you loony? 

And your absurd persistence in claiming that brexsh*it is any thing other than a disaster is yet more confirmation of your insanity:

insanity.jpg

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

We are soon coming out of lockdown and want to create a boom from pent-up demand but also use of more contactless means less chance of spreading the dreaded virus.  All commonsense, n'est pas. 

We didn't vote leave for you to use language like that 

English, please 🙂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What's a "BAFFOON" you loony? 

And your absurd persistence in claiming that brexsh*it is any thing other than a disaster is yet more confirmation of your insanity:

insanity.jpg

Urban Dictionary: baffoon               🤣

Edited by SwindonCanary

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Urban Dictionary: baffoon               🤣

We use the English language, and the English dictionary in this country you pillock! The Urban dictionary has no official status, it's a joke dictionary for vulgar slang. I'm sure your name is in it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Here we go again! A buffoon who claims to be an economist but doesn't understand that the £15billion invested in EU and single market membership paid back in many more billions of profits for businesses able to trade freely without the massive red-tape and costs that brexit has brought. A buffoon who claims to be an economist but seems incapable of reading the Government's own reports on the negative effect that brexit will have on the UK's GDP. I could go on but these very obvious facts are getting tedious to repeat to those with no intellectual capacity to understand simple economic realities.

We can invest it better and free of constraints and protectionism, helping us grow our GDP rather than having the EU using OUR money to incentivise UK companies to move to other EU states to grow their GDP and lower ours.  Also, of course we were fined 1.7 billion in one year for having one of the best GDP growths in the EU.... no more of that !!   😎

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

We use the English language, and the English dictionary in this country you pillock! The Urban dictionary has no official status, it's a joke dictionary for vulgar slang. I'm sure your name is in it.

You really do reduce the tone to the lowest common denominator as a typical bitter remourner.   🙃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul moy said:

We can invest it better and free of constraints and protectionism, helping us grow our GDP rather than having the EU using OUR money to incentivise UK companies to move to other EU states to grow their GDP and lower ours.  Also, of course we were fined 1.7 billion in one year for having one of the best GDP growths in the EU.... no more of that !!   😎

Oh dear! Do tell us where you worked as an economist, then I can look them up and see when they went bust. What a joker you are!

5 minutes ago, paul moy said:

You really do reduce the tone to the lowest common denominator as a typical bitter remourner.   🙃

So do tell me where you will find "baffoon" in any standard English dictionary? And when it comes to lowering the tone of posts on this site only RTB beats your comment that "all women are bought one way or another". I'm not going to take lessons from a proven racist, xenophobe, and misogynist like you.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

IT'S A FOOTBALL NOTICE  BOARD IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PREFECT IN EVERY WAY   you pillock!

Perhaps you could try just one example of getting things right, idiot!

43 minutes ago, paul moy said:

UK companies opening branches in the EU to employ EU citizens is what is currently happening and it's because you voted for Brexit.

If the UK keeps on breaking the agreement over the border in the Irish Sea it could yet end up with the No-Deal Brexit it just about managed to avoid first time around.

42 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I WAS RIGHT IN PICKING BREXIT YOU IDIOT !    🤣🤣

Brexit is a disaster you idiot!

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If the UK keeps on breaking the agreement over the border in the Irish Sea it could yet end up with the No-Deal Brexit it just about managed to avoid first time around.

Yep! We're going to find ourselves in court for a breach of international law. That will do our reputation the world of good as we scrabble around trying to negotiate inferior trade deals to what we had as a member of the EU and single market. All, of course worth it now we can use contactless to the sum of £100. You couldn't make it up.

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is worrying.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement

Brexit: loyalist paramilitary groups renounce Good Friday agreement

Loyalist Communities Council warns of ‘strength of feeling’ over border checks but says protests should stay peaceful

20 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Brexit is a disaster you idiot!

I occasionally wonder whether Swindo is as profoundly stupid as he appears to be or whether he's faking it as a very childish wind up.

Either or both seem entirely possible but presumably he gets some satisfaction from it 🙄

7 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I occasionally wonder whether Swindo is as profoundly stupid as he appears to be or whether he's faking it as a very childish wind up.

Either or both seem entirely possible but presumably he gets some satisfaction from it 🙄

Yep! I have the same thoughts. But when you look at the totality of his posts they do scream out that it's stupidity that motivates them (they don't possess the wit for them to be a wind-up).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Your arrogance knows no bounds. You may never have been to Redruth so why you have the audacity to tell me I'm wrong is beyond belief.

The amount of development enabled because of EU funding in one of Britain's starkest areas is phenomenal. And that same money would not have been provided by any UK government so it was because of our EU membership that it was made available.

I say Cornwall is a stark area because of the wealth gap. Not enough social housing for people on minimum wage but plenty of second home up country owners who add nothing to the area. And many TV programs such as Doc Martin and Delicious portray the area as a bunch of half wits happy that they have **** all.

Cornwall is a unitary authority and has already said it will have to abandon many projects because they will lose the EU funding.

So print all that on your Union Flag and sovereignty and tell all the happy fish.

• Like 3

BREXIT WIN: US LIFTS TARIFFS ON UK SCOTCH, MACHINERY, CHEESE, AND PORK

The US has suspended its UK tariffs as of today on goods from scotch whiskies, machinery, cashmere, and yes – cheese and pork. The suspension will last for four months, during which time the sides will negotiate a long term solution to the US-EU Boeing Airbus dispute. This is exclusively a US-UK deal, US tariffs remain on EU goods…

Trade Secretary Liz Truss took a risk by unilaterally lifting UK tariffs to the US – which opposition parties heavily criticised her for – now the move has paid off. Guido understands that it was only as a consequence of good faith lifting UK tariffs that the US came to the negotiating table and lifted theirs too. Meanwhile the EU has sat on their hands and tariffs still apply to them…

Clearly this sort of deal would be impossible as a member of the EU, trapped behind its common external tariff and sluggish commissioners. Read the Brexit-enabled UK-US joint statement here…

But didn't Obummer and you Remainiacs say we'd be back of the queue? 🙃

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

WAIT AND SEE !   IMPATIENT  🙄 YOU IDIOT 

We're already into March and things are getting worse, you idiot! And now we have the threat of a reigniting of the troubles in Northern Ireland. Now go find an example of a company that says things have got better after brexit. There are thousands on the web saying it's a catastrophe, bonehead. You voted for this sh*it storm, at least have the dignity to face up to the mess you have helped plunge the country into.

• Confused 1