Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

Such a catastrophe to be able to make our own decisions, own trade deals, save 15 billion a year parasite costs, controlling our own destiny, interest rates, currency and spending at a time of massive international debt due to covid.

Making our own decisions has meant that we will be booming while the EU will still be vaccinating well into next year and probably suffering further lockdowns.

EU unity is a fallacy as countries break away, now making their own vaccine ordering decisions etc after EU collective failure. 

Many are now reconsidering the 'benefits' of being an EU cash cow, such as Eire which now has to be a net annual payer while also sacrificing its fishing industry to the 'greater good'.  The pips are squeaking as their treachery towards its biggest single customer reaps its dividend !!  🤣

Meanwhile. Morrisons have bought up a major fishing company in Cornwall and will  be supplying 80% of its own fish from UK waters using its own trawlers.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/morrisons-becomes-first-supermarket-to-own-its-own-fishing-boat-after-it-acquires-falfish-3150090

Oh dear! keep taking the pills you sad man. Not one piece of evidence to support your RWNJ fantasies. Oh! how Farage and Johnson must laugh at gullible fools like you. So do remind us which piece of EU legislation prevented us fixing our own interest rates, and which piece of EU legislation prevented us using our own currency, and which piece of EU legislation controlled our spending on the NHS, education, defence etc. As ever just a xenophobic spewing of blatant lies from the "phantom economist".

And just to correct you it's "trawler" NOT "trawlers". I.e it's ONE boat they now own.

"Morrisons becomes first supermarket to own its own fishing boat after it acquires Falfish"

Well that's the UK fishing industry saved then!!! FFS is that all you can come up with?

Oh! and while you're at it, do feel free to explain which EU regulation prevented Morrisons buying this company when we were in the EU.

Edited by horsefly

Good job Morrison’s are saving 1 trawler

British fishing businesses could go bust or move to Europe because of post-Brexit trading disruption, industry figures have warned. 

MPs were told paperwork due to new border controls had proved a "massive problem" and should be moved online.

They also heard extra costs had made it "impossible" for some firms to trade profitably.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's trawler, the company only has one boat.

Grayling would regard having even only one boat as a triumph and absolutely the basis for a sea-faring business...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Good job Morrison’s are saving 1 trawler

British fishing businesses could go bust or move to Europe because of post-Brexit trading disruption, industry figures have warned. 

MPs were told paperwork due to new border controls had proved a "massive problem" and should be moved online.

They also heard extra costs had made it "impossible" for some firms to trade profitably.

Exactly! This is the true state of the post-brexit fishing industry. But in Moy's mangled mind he sees the following headline:

"Morrison's Buy a Trawler on the Cheap; Brexit Saves the UK Fishing Industry"

Edited by horsefly

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's trawler, the company only has one boat.

It will upscale as Britain thrives just as many in the fishing industry will, as we reclaim our fishing industry thanks to Brexit  .... 😎

Same old same old...... bitter remourners denigrating the country, and who are going to look very silly over the years to come. 😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paul moy said:

Such a catastrophe to be able to make our own decisions, own trade deals, save 15 billion a year parasite costs, controlling our own destiny, interest rates, currency and spending at a time of massive international debt due to covid.

Making our own decisions has meant that we will be booming while the EU will still be vaccinating well into next year and probably suffering further lockdowns.

EU unity is a fallacy as countries break away, now making their own vaccine ordering decisions etc after EU collective failure. 

Many are now reconsidering the 'benefits' of being an EU cash cow, such as Eire which now has to be a net annual payer while also sacrificing its fishing industry to the 'greater good'.  The pips are squeaking as their treachery towards its biggest single customer reaps its dividend !!  🤣

Meanwhile. Morrisons have bought up a major fishing company in Cornwall and will  be supplying 80% of its own fish from UK waters using its own trawlers.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/morrisons-becomes-first-supermarket-to-own-its-own-fishing-boat-after-it-acquires-falfish-3150090

The major fishing company you refer to is Fal Fish. It is on an industrial estate a mile and a half from my home.

Employing about 140 people, many East European, its product comes to the factory from local fishermen. Its product goes to Morrisons supermarket, where it always has done. So nothing has changed except Morrisons have bought out the local owners.

Directly across the road is a factory employing a similar number. It is Curver, an injection plastics company from the Netherlands, owned by Keter, an Israeli company.

Their products, while sold in the UK, are also sold in the EU.

The factory was originally built with European money to house Case, a US company that manufactured jcbs. They were succeeded by Contico who also manufactured plastic domestic products.

So tell me, which factory is benefitting foreign sales and exports more?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kirku said:

image.png.9640b492cc723f4f76abb4b70db42f81.png

The wins just keep piling up...

Don't know how I coped with only £40 allowed on contactless. Worth every penny of the £billions lost due to brexit to ensure that fraudsters and muggers can now get themselves a decent pair of trainers courtesy of brexit.

24 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Don't know how I coped with only £40 allowed on contactless. Worth every penny of the £billions lost due to brexit to ensure that fraudsters and muggers can now get themselves a decent pair of trainers courtesy of brexit.

And happier British fish

Edited by kirku

So, if you have your card stolen how much can you now potentially lose before you report it? 😉

Sometimes I think when I watch this thread it should be called the Lost Brexiteer Help Line.

Those of us that are rational should take it in shifts to deal with the latest cry for help and try to return them to the real day to day world - offer fact sheets and the like or at least make them read and comprehend their own links.

I'm still waiting for something unequivocally positive  - I did overhear the chancellor cry Freeport's but the EU has some 80 already so i guess he's caught the disease too. Try again. Perhaps we could have the best world class fishing boat scrappage scheme !   

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kirku said:

All I can ask is why? Is it so hard to have to type in four digits every now and again?

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

All I can ask is why? Is it so hard to have to type in four digits every now and again?

Are you really expecting the average brexiteer to remember 4 digits? Come on KG the evidence on this site is against you

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've been using my phone and thumb print for some time now. Limit is £10,000. Not even sure where my cc is these days.

7 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I've been using my phone and thumb print for some time now. Limit is £10,000. Not even sure where my cc is these days.

Ohhhh look at him and his technology! You’ll be telling us you have those compact disc things next! 😂👍💚💛

I’m still using my 486 with Windows 98! and my Nokia 900

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 2

Hurray, now you can loose a grand from a stolen credit/debit card before anybody notices it. Sunak has postponed the ravages of Brexit by accepting more money tree loot, extending furlough will only prolong the agony of large scale unemployment and food ration vouchers for millions, we only have to look and listen to some NHS staff that have to use food banks to feed their families.

Once again, those who have kept us alive during the last two years, nurses doctors care staff and employees of food retailers, are all being left out by Rishi, what a sh.t show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Are you really expecting the average brexiteer to remember 4 digits? Come on KG the evidence on this site is against you

Sorry, I don't know what came over me.

Or is it so Farage can put his card machine in his pocket and walk past everyone in a supermarket?

• Haha 2

Tiresome. The brexiters are dicking about with the NI protocol again.😐

15 hours ago, kirku said:

Aaargh, this is so brexit. An EC rule,which was not a bad rule, designed for people's safety against fraud, has been "ripped up" and made out to be an important win, even though other EU countries have changed their own limits, because of Covid.

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

no freeports !

Wasn't that a Bob Marley song: "No freeports no cry"?

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Missed the budget, is the 350 million a week for the NHS starting yet ?

Yes. It's being funded by a radical new plan to steal 3.5m contactless cards per week.

When it's yours that's been nicked, just know you're doing your patriotic duty.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

Aaargh, this is so brexit. An EC rule,which was not a bad rule, designed for people's safety against fraud, has been "ripped up" and made out to be an important win, even though other EU countries have changed their own limits, because of Covid.

I think he must have visited a prison and asked convicted muggers what they would most like to see in the budget. They will be delighted that he listened to them.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong, yet again !

HaHaHa! you can't even spot the most obvious of jokes. BTW what the hell was the point of posting "No freeports!"?