Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

I don't envisage a labour shortage in the short-term for obvious reasons and neither should you.

ah, so all the immigrants are not here to cover a labour shortage

ps where is RTB

6 minutes ago, paul moy said:

We already control exports for drugs that the NHS needs and I am sure we will do it for new vaccines, as we can now put ourselves first.  We have been importing food because farmers in the UK have been paid not to produce through set-aside.  When we have a glut we can export, but not before then.  

you are Swindo and I claim my £5

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

What went wrong In Jersey , Paul?

Why couldn't they import labour from the UK 

You'll have to explain but Jersey is not the UK.

3 minutes ago, paul moy said:

You'll have to explain but Jersey is not the UK.

It's a crown dependency and in the CTA

I would have liked to think UK citizens might have had a head start when it came to getting work in Jersey, rather than people on the other side of the world, especially given the current circumstances 

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

UK set to thrive as Brexit Britain's pound strengthens to 1.40 to the dollar,  42 to the baht, and 68 to the PHP etc , all good news for fellow prospective travellers.

Boris's supreme vaccine rollout augurs well for the next few months as we streak ahead of  the tardy vaccinators such as you know who, for the great benefit of UK economic recovery .......  😎  🤗

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1399523/pound-to-euro-news-sterling-increases-dollar-latest-gdp-covid19-vaccine-rollout-economy

WOW! fantastic news for all those travellers that WON'T be travelling because of covid. And absolutely crap news for all those businesses trying to export their goods after they have already been screwed by the attrocious brexit deal. Jesus! Do you still persist in the lie that you are an economist?

24 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

It's a crown dependency and in the CTA

I would have liked to think UK citizens might have had a head start when it came to getting work in Jersey, rather than people on the other side of the world, especially given the current circumstances 

Irrelevant .. it's up to Jersey

Boris's supreme vaccine rollout augurs well for the next few months as we streak ahead of  the tardy vaccinators such as you know who, for the great benefit of UK economic recovery 

First of all keep up with the worlds vaccination programmes, it must cause you great upset that after a slow start the EU and the US are now well on track.

Secondly I was talking to a couple of doctors today who said isn’t it amazing that Boris refers to the ‘ vaccine rollout ‘, but the rollout has nothing to do with Boris it’s ‘ The NHS vaccine rollout ‘. However they also pointed out that he refers to test and trace as ‘ NHS Test and Trace ‘ but test and trace has absolutely nothing to do with the NHS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, horsefly said:

WOW! fantastic news for all those travellers that WON'T be travelling because of covid. And absolutely crap news for all those businesses trying to export their goods after they have already been screwed by the attrocious brexit deal. Jesus! Do you still persist in the lie that you are an economist?

Brilliant news for those that will, and I am just one of them.   😎🤗

News is that Philippines opens up on March 1st.......  😊

Brexit will just make the pound stronger and stronger which goes against your Project Fear.....

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Irrelevant .. it's up to Jersey

British and Irish citizens do not need work permits to work in Jersey 

Filipinos do

Why have the farmers of Jersey chosen to employ people from the other side of the world who need permits, instead of people who live next door and don't 

It's a minor point, its not a huge amount of jobs, but it's potentially indicative of what might happen in the UK in spring and summer 

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Boris's supreme vaccine rollout augurs well for the next few months as we streak ahead of  the tardy vaccinators such as you know who, for the great benefit of UK economic recovery 

First of all keep up with the worlds vaccination programmes, it must cause you great upset that after a slow start the EU and the US are now well on track.

Secondly I was talking to a couple of doctors today who said isn’t it amazing that Boris refers to the ‘ vaccine rollout ‘, but the rollout has nothing to do with Boris it’s ‘ The NHS vaccine rollout ‘. However they also pointed out that he refers to test and trace as ‘ NHS Test and Trace ‘ but test and trace has absolutely nothing to do with the NHS.

Ah, good, it hasn't gone unnoticed. 👍

Brexit will just make the pound stronger and stronger which goes against your Project Fear.....

Pity they can’t make the NHS stronger and stronger with £350 million pound a week.

Edited by Well b back

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Lol

The quote was quite specific ‘ After we leave the EU this will free up £350 million per week for The NHS ‘.

Why does he refer to Test and Trace as ‘ NHS Test and Trace ‘ ? Test and Trace has nothing to do with The NHS, I would be interested to know.

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Lol

The quote was quite specific ‘ After we leave the EU this will free up £350 million per week for The NHS ‘.

Why does he refer to Test and Trace as ‘ NHS Test and Trace ‘ ? Test and Trace has nothing to do with The NHS, I would be interested to know.

and when was it on the bus ? lol

Edited by SwindonCanary

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And have you seen all EU Bosses Get VIP Access To Jabs

Don’t know anything about that, but I can tell you the EU have so much vaccine now that the plan is to give 5% of it away each month to Africa. 
You and mad Moy must cry yourself to sleep now you realise extra EU lives won’t be lost.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

and when was it on the bus ? lol

And where have I said that quote was on the bus ? They were the words used.

"As and when the cash becomes available – and it won’t until we leave – the NHS should be at the very top of the list."

Edited by Well b back
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Well b back said:
1 hour ago, Well b back said:

However they also pointed out that he refers to test and trace as ‘ NHS Test and Trace ‘ but test and trace has absolutely nothing to do with the NHS.

Clinical contact tracers are employed by NHS Professionals as part of Public Health England, the staff have to be registered with a health or science related professional body and as an example of experience have worked at NHS band 6 or above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

British and Irish citizens do not need work permits to work in Jersey 

Filipinos do

Why have the farmers of Jersey chosen to employ people from the other side of the world who need permits, instead of people who live next door and don't 

It's a minor point, its not a huge amount of jobs, but it's potentially indicative of what might happen in the UK in spring and summer 

Again, it is irrelevant.   Jersey make their own decisions, have a population of 180K, and are a totally different demographic to the UK.  😂 You really are clutching at straws....

We do not have a labour shortage in the short term as we are going to have very many UK people looking for work after furlough ends.  Hopefully, though we will have eventually as it will mean that the economy is thriving.  

Edited by paul moy

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Clinical contact tracers are employed by NHS Professionals as part of Public Health England, the staff have to be registered with a health or science related professional body and as an example of experience have worked at NHS band 6 or above.

what hand crank avoids mention of is non clinical test and trace - which is what is being discussed

as to clinical T&T the link below will show what a costly balls up the government made of that

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/06/19/test-and-trace-it-didnt-have-to-be-this-way/

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well after one day when nothing was put on this board, it's really got some of your backs up =keep it up 👍     🤣

Have you found a single positive brexit story yet? It's now nearly two months since the deal and the the net remains swamped with stories of brexit disaster. And now the unelected man responsible for negotiating that dreadful deal has been promoted to the cabinet to replace coke-head Gove to take charge of EU relations. If Josef Mengele was still alive I suspect Johnson would put him in charge of the NHS ethics committee.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well after one day when nothing was put on this board, it's really got some of your backs up =keep it up 👍     🤣

Instead of just trolling, poorly, spend your day constructively and read through this twitter account. It highlights all the "joys" of brexit.

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Have you found a single positive brexit story yet? It's now nearly two months since the deal and the the net remains swamped with stories of brexit disaster. And now the unelected man responsible for negotiating that dreadful deal has been promoted to the cabinet to replace coke-head Gove to take charge of EU relations. If Josef Mengele was still alive I suspect Johnson would put him in charge of the NHS ethics committee.

well, I did mention about the virus but you seem to have conveniently forgotten about that. I suggest you stop watching the Labour news 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

well, I did mention about the virus but you seem to have conveniently forgotten about that. I suggest you stop watching the Labour news 

And it has been pointed out to you about a thousand times THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BREXIT. Are you really that stupid that you don't believe the words of the two women responsible for the approval and roll out of vaccines who have both stated very clearly that it had NOTHING TO DO WITH BREXIT

You have to laugh or else you would cry. The increasing mouth-frothing lunatic Express claim the same man who negotiated and signed off the brexit disaster deal is now somehow going to "bully" the EU into a u-turn:

Brexit LIVE: Enough is enough! Frost to bully EU into major U-turn before April 1 deadline

As Barnier reminded the UK "Brexit means brexit". Or he could have said "You lost Frost"