Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

Seems the Brexidiots didn't work out that exempting yourselves from European law means precisely what it says. But, of course, we were all "reliably" informed that the EU needs our trade more than we need theirs, so clearly there is no chance that the EU will seek to protect their own interests at a cost to ours, is there? 

Can you believe that brexidiots were so stupid they fell for this shockingly crass rubbish???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9238353/George-Eustice-warns-EU-Britain-tough-Brussels-doesnt-down.html#comments

We'll board your boats if you don't back down: George Eustice warns EU that Britain will get tough if Brussels doesn't back down in row over shellfish exports

Someone should remind Useless Eustice that we've only got 4 boats patrolling out waters. 

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9238353/George-Eustice-warns-EU-Britain-tough-Brussels-doesnt-down.html#comments

We'll board your boats if you don't back down: George Eustice warns EU that Britain will get tough if Brussels doesn't back down in row over shellfish exports

Someone should remind Useless Eustice that we've only got 4 boats patrolling out waters. 

George Useless! What sort of moron thinks that igniting a violent trade war is going to help the UK out of the current Brexit trading catastrophe? Perhaps Liam Fox should give him a call and remind him that negotiating this is the easiest deal in history.

Just found a vid of George Useless negotiating with Van de Luyen:

Edited by horsefly

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

REMAINERS are in denial to any good news !

Here we go again with the standard moronic ejaculations. First of all find some good news that is actually brexit related. And ffs don't repeat the lies about the vaccines, which has nothing to do with brexit according to the people actually responsible for the programme. And before you say it, England's fantastic victory in the first test has nothing to do with brexit either.

The benefits of Brexit - part 94

'British supermarkets that have stores in Europe are facing supply problems because of post-Brexit rules on exports to the EU. It's affecting fresh produce at 20 Marks and Spencer stores in France, Morrison's in Gibraltar, and a chain of UK supermarkets in Belgium is on the verge of closure with no deliveries since December.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-55985956

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's assuming they are all currently seaworthy, and those that are will all probably be patrolling the same piece of water (probably The Solent). 🤣

Apples

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Interesting summary from a couple weeks ago. Note that I have already been directly effected by a couple points as some Norwegian and I’m sure other EU companies make the change from using UK companies and looking closer to home for the same products.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/brexit-winners-and-losers/

Yes - and the summary

The Bottom Line

When Britons voted to leave the EU, Brexiters campaigned on hard-line immigration and border control. Much like Trump supporters, the Brexiters felt they had lost their identity. However, now as negotiations occur between the U.K. and its former partner, risks to the U.K. economy have never been higher. If policy makers can't strike favorable deals, the U.K. will have a new economic identity, just not the one Brexiters promised.

• Like 1

In desperate need for some light relief from the brexit nightmare, I was considering how we might represent the history of the whole farago of brexit lies via the medium of three classic British sit-coms. Here's my effort:

They promised, "To the Manor Born"

Quickly lowered their aims to, "Only Fools and Horses"

Ended up with, "Steptoe and Son"

Anybody else desperate enough to escape the reality, please feel free to join in.

Edited by horsefly

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

27 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

That's assuming they are all currently seaworthy, and those that are will all probably be patrolling the same piece of water (probably The Solent). 🤣

Apples

Time to sabbotage any possibility of those boats causing an international incident. I have begun a petition to get Christopher Grayling put in charge of their deployment; that should guarantee their hulls never touch the water.

Just now, horsefly said:

In desperate need for some light relief from the brexit nightmare, I was considering how we might represent the history of the whole farago of brexit lies via the medium of three classic British sit-coms. Here's my effort:

They started with, "To the Manor Born"

Anybody else desperate enough to escape the reality, please feel free to join in.

Personally the Brexiteers now remind me of Noddy. They all need now all to wear the noddy hat complete with the little bell so we know when they're coming.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Personally the Brexiteers now remind me of Noddy. They all need now all to wear the noddy hat complete with the little bell so we know when they're coming.

I think the multi-millions of tax-payers money given to Nissan has been earmarked to mass produce Noddy's car for them.

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

They promised, "To the Manor Born"

I can’t get my head round most brexiteers all being like Alf Garnett, Till Death Us Do Part! I mean if they bought into Farage......

Classic part of their script! Sums up our Brexiteers on here....

Alf Garnett:
Well, I mean, see if we go into Europe...

Else Garnett:
I thought we was in Europe. I mean, I thought we always have been.

Alf Garnett:
I know that, yer silly moo. I'm not talking about that aspect am I? I'm talking about the Common Market aspect of the going into Europe.

Alf Garnett:
Old Enoch's against it, in't 'e, eh? He don't want no more bloody foreigners over here. We got enough bloody foreigners here as it is. Bloody country's swarming with E****s and Kr***ts and Fr****es and Spa*****es and Brussel Sprouts. All coming over here and taking our jobs off of us, aren't they?

Else Garnett:
Well, we can go over there and take the jobs off of them.

Alf Garnett:
I don't want to go over there, do I?

Else Garnett:
Wish you would.

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

George Useless! What sort of moron thinks that igniting a violent trade war is going to help the UK out of the current Brexit trading catastrophe? Perhaps Liam Fox should give him a call and remind him that negotiating this is the easiest deal in history.

Just found a vid of George Useless negotiating with Van de Luyen:

He is my MP. West Cornwall, one of the poorest areas of Britain. Paradoxically the recipient of more EU money than any other area.

Yet our MP, a staunch leaver, continues to do beggar all for his constituents. House prices have gone up another £30K since the second lockdown because 62% of house sales are to up country buyers. We had 4 high street shops in Redruth. Wilko, Boots, Peacocks and M&Co. Two of them have now shut permanently.

And our MP, a farm owner who uses Ukranian labour, continues to do nothing. 

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He is my MP. West Cornwall, one of the poorest areas of Britain. Paradoxically the recipient of more EU money than any other area.

Yet our MP, a staunch leaver, continues to do beggar all for his constituents. House prices have gone up another £30K since the second lockdown because 62% of house sales are to up country buyers. We had 4 high street shops in Redruth. Wilko, Boots, Peacocks and M&Co. Two of them have now shut permanently.

And our MP, a farm owner who uses Ukranian labour, continues to do nothing. 

Do as I say not as I do ...

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Someone should remind Useless Eustice that we've only got 4 boats patrolling out waters

How many do you expect ? 4 ships are quite enough.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How many do you expect ? 4 ships are quite enough.

Is that what it has come to? Gunboats in our waters to protect an industry in decline. The government could have spent less on buying out Arcadia and keeping them open.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jools said:

Clear indication that BMW are putting place plans to leave the UK. Put all your legacy (e.g. petrol and diesel) production in one factory, R&D and future production (e.g. Electric) into Germany. When there is enough legacy engines just turn off the lights and close down.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Clear indication that BMW are putting place plans to leave the UK. Put all your legacy (e.g. petrol and diesel) production in one factory, R&D and future production (e.g. Electric) into Germany. When there is enough legacy engines just turn off the lights and close down.

My thoughts exactly BF.

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It didn't even need anyone to be an expert in economics to predict this kind of thing. Always was an own goal. It's just a case now of hoping that this 'temporary' adjustment remains a temporary one. Yet the fear is a deeper wounding of the economy (and livelihoods) through thousands of such UK business decisions.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It didn't even need anyone to be an expert in economics to predict this kind of thing. Always was an own goal. It's just a case now of hoping that this 'temporary' adjustment remains a temporary one. Yet the fear is a deeper wounding of the economy (and livelihoods) through thousands of such UK business decisions.

The reality is that all those jobs which were taken up by our EU friends in the UK, are now moving into the EU so they won’t have to relocate the the UK but UK compilation have to open hubs in the EU?..... brilliant so not only have we lost jobs to EU but revenue from EU workers in the UK, it just gets better and better, little wonder a lot of smaller EU countries see this as a massive positive. I wonder if JD will end up putting the HUB in the Czech Republic!

33 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The crabs and fish are changing their names, bet they are happy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-55996938

I was listening to this on Radio Cornwall. They were suggesting that maybe they could persuade Britain to eat more shellfish.

Mrs KG and I, simultaneously, shouted "stop being greedy and bring the price down".

They have been getting top money for so long by exporting that they couldn't give two hoots for the British market. £12 for a local Crab that is smaller than a Cromer one.

These people were warned. They were told and told it would be difficult to sell it after they had caught it. Its no good telling the world because of Brexit, you now have a boat full of shellfish if you can't sell it to your old market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hilarious! Your "positive" Brexit story is that this particular company hasn't lost millions or closed down because of Brexit. What an achievement. Could you please point out to me where in the article it mentions anything about brexit being an advantage to the company. Indeed could you please point out where it mentions Brexit at all. Of course it doesn't, so why have you tried to pass it off as a positive brexit story?

• Confused 1