Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

Just an out and out brexwit racist who should have been banned years ago you piece of excrement.

Succinctly put Shrimper! But don't forget the mysogyny. Remember his comment that "all women are bought one way or another". No doubt that's something he's had to do as no woman would voluntarily associate with such a hate-filled slimeball.

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

Just an out and out brexwit racist who should have been banned years ago you piece of excrement.

Can you imagine some of the things he would have been shouting at Krul tonight, doesn’t bear thinking about.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Let's hope their vaccines get delayed. We can be awkward too.

Keep up, will take a couple more weeks but they look all sorted now, as does the U.K. India, Israel, Covax and many others. 
You just said it’s the bureaucrats that you hate, clearly it’s EU citizens. 

Funny how the egregious slimeball was indignant when there was a prospect of the EU delaying vaccines being sent to the UK. It must be a miserable life living with that much hate for EU citizens, but at the same time realising that we rely on them for food, wine, medical supplies, vaccines etc, etc. Do you think when he drinks a glass of water he throws away the 70% owned by foreign companies?

Quote from Jes Staley, CEO Barclays Bank:

'I think Brexit is more than likely on the positive side than on the negative side,' he told the BBC. 'I think what London needs to be focused on is not Frankfurt or Paris, (it) needs to be focused on New York and Singapore.'

True, there have been some losses since the start of the year. A lot of money has been shifted from accounts in London to mainland Europe to comply with EU regulations. So have some deals, and costs have increased as partners based within the EU have to be found for some transactions.

It is important not to exaggerate, however. Most money these days simply sits on a computer server somewhere. It doesn’t make a lot of difference where that is located: the wealth is generated by the people who use that money smartly, not by the chips that store it. 

While some work is shifting to the other side of the Channel, much of it was not very valuable. At the same time, the City is starting to shift away from the EU’s burdensome rules, embracing a lighter, more flexible regulatory regime. Want an example? The City will soon start trading in Swiss equities again, still banned inside the EU after the two sides fell out over financial rules. In fact, the City is switching from being the main European financial centre to becoming a global one, focussed as much on Asia, the Middle East and Africa, as it is on France or Germany. It will be trade fewer eurobonds, and more green bonds, and deal less with Volkswagen and L’Oreal, and more Tik Tok and Tencent. Barclays has started to recognise that – and very soon the rest of the City will as well.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I think you are all aware I put up the wrong link  A BIG sorry 

Lol

Moy had you as an oven ready bird. 
I really thought you had changed sides in the debate. 

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I think you are all aware I put up the wrong link  A BIG sorry 

Your sub-conscious is clearly a remouner (your spelling). Perhaps you need to listen to it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/this-isn-t-what-we-voted-for-seafood-chief-forced-to-bin-thousands-of-pounds-of-fish/ar-BB1drhUz?ocid=msedgntp

Daily Express

This ISN'T what we voted for! Seafood chief forced to bin THOUSANDS of pounds of fish

"Ross Arnold said trucks carrying fresh fish from the EU have been arriving in the UK up to two days behind schedule, leaving his staff scrambling to sell the catch before its shelf life expires. More than four weeks after the UK's Brexit transition period came to an end, manufacturers across Britain continue to suffer heavily due to the new rules on paperwork."

"I am very concerned about the flow of fresh goods in and out of Europe at the moment.

"The supply chain is intrinsically linked so I think these problems are here to stay and I think where these problems are insurmountable, we will need to find alternative supply."

Sorry Mr Arnold but that's exactly what brexiteers voted for as remainers pointed out time and again throughout the referendum campaign. You prefered to believe the Brexit liars rather than think logically about the obvious implications of leaving the EU and single market. 

Anybody else think it's time for Jool's to rename this thread (again) perhaps as the "Negative Brexit Thread".

Its ages since we have seen anything actually tangibly positive out of Brexit - I suppose if I'm scraping the barrel Farage having disappeared having lost his EU parliament sinecure might be one - back under his rock and the continued and deepening discomfiture and embarrassment of the Brexiteers as the reality of Brexit grabs their vitals and squeezes might be another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/this-isn-t-what-we-voted-for-seafood-chief-forced-to-bin-thousands-of-pounds-of-fish/ar-BB1drhUz?ocid=msedgntp

Daily Express

This ISN'T what we voted for! Seafood chief forced to bin THOUSANDS of pounds of fish

"Ross Arnold said trucks carrying fresh fish from the EU have been arriving in the UK up to two days behind schedule, leaving his staff scrambling to sell the catch before its shelf life expires. More than four weeks after the UK's Brexit transition period came to an end, manufacturers across Britain continue to suffer heavily due to the new rules on paperwork."

"I am very concerned about the flow of fresh goods in and out of Europe at the moment.

"The supply chain is intrinsically linked so I think these problems are here to stay and I think where these problems are insurmountable, we will need to find alternative supply."

Sorry Mr Arnold but that's exactly what brexiteers voted for as remainers pointed out time and again throughout the referendum campaign. You prefered to believe the Brexit liars rather than think logically about the obvious implications of leaving the EU and single market. 

No importer should be accepting expired shellfish. The liability then falls onto the exporter, in this case an EU company. You have somewhat dimly pointed out how the EU shoots itself in the foot 

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Anybody else think it's time for Jool's to rename this thread (again) perhaps as the "Negative Brexit Thread".

Its ages since we have seen anything actually tangibly positive out of Brexit - I suppose if I'm scraping the barrel Farage having disappeared having lost his EU parliament sinecure might be one - back under his rock and the continued and deepening discomfiture and embarrassment of the Brexiteers as the reality of Brexit grabs their vitals and squeezes might be another.

There's a post just above yours where CEO of Barclays sees Brexit as a positive for the finance industry. I feel confident when guys on the front line like this express an opinion.  

Edited by Rock The Boat

11 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

No importer should be accepting expired shellfish. The liability then falls onto the exporter, in this case an EU company. You have somewhat dimly pointed out how the EU shoots itself in the foot 

Thicko! the point is about BREXIT. This company owner's point is about BREXIT. And perhaps you're just too stupid to have noticed that the whole fishing industry (fishermen, importers and exporters) are furious with the outcome of BREXIT. Open your eyes you buffon, BREXIT is a disaster for all these people.

Edited by horsefly

12 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I suggest you actually read what Mr Arnold has to say instead of making ludicrous and false comments.

Edited by horsefly

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Thicko! the point is about BREXIT. This company owner's point is about BREXIT. And perhaps you're just too stupid to have noticed that the whole fishing industry (fishermen, importers and exporters) are furious with the outcome of BREXIT. Open your eyes you buffon, BREXIT is a disaster for all these people.

You are too stupid to realise that an exporter would be liable for a delivery of rotten shellfish, not the customer. 

That's what a life in academia gives you. 

The EU may well attempt some kind of trade blockade against the UK in the same way the the Soviets tried to blockade Berlin in the post-war years, but what the numpties need to realise is that blocking exports to the UK results in liabilities to the exporters. 

We saw last week with Art 16 how little the EU cares about the smaller countries when it comes to making a political point but it will be Dutch horticulturists and French fishermen who will ultimately pay the price for EU political dogma. Not a good look after the fiasco of vaccine rollout in the EU. 

Only in February and the blame shifting is well and truly up and running. Well done Rocky.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

57 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You are too stupid to realise that an exporter would be liable for a delivery of rotten shellfish, not the customer. 

Not necessarily, the sale is normally between the fishing vessels and a buyer, once the fish has been bought its then up to the importer to have arrangements in place to transport the fish. So as most fish sales are completed pre quota I’m not sure you can be so sure unless you know the exact contractual arrangements. In this case you’re probably wrong and it’s the importers cost!

If it’s not costing the importer then there’s not much of an issue, which isn’t the case.

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Dumbo! you still obviously haven't bothered to read what Mr Arnold said have you? The good thing about a life spent in academia is that you learn to read what people say before you comment on their claims. You only needed to read the first paragraph to learn that Mr Arnold's complaint is the following: 

"trucks carrying fresh fish from the EU have been arriving in the UK up to two days behind schedule, leaving his staff scrambling to sell the catch before its shelf life expires." 

So your claim that the exporter in this case is supplying "rotten shellfish" is an idiotic lie, that you could easily have avoided by learning to read what was actually said before you opened your disgusting racist gob to spout your usual racist lies.

I certainly wouldn't swap my life in academia for the depraved one that has clearly stunted your moral and intellectual development.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Dumbo! you still obviously haven't bothered to read what Mr Arnold said have you? The good thing about a life spent in academia is that you learn to read what people say before you comment on their claims. You only needed to read the first paragraph to learn that Mr Arnold's complaint is the following: 

"trucks carrying fresh fish from the EU have been arriving in the UK up to two days behind schedule, leaving his staff scrambling to sell the catch before its shelf life expires." 

So your claim that the exporter in this case is supplying "rotten shellfish" is an idiotic lie, that you could easily have avoided by learning to read what was actually said before you opened your disgusting racist gob to spout your usual racist lies.

I certainly wouldn't swap my life in academia for the depraved one that has clearly stunted your moral and intellectual development.

It all really depends upon the terms of trade. It would appear ownership passed to the importer in this case I would guess at the fish auction as would be expected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I am rather hoping that the fine Leaver minds on this thread can produce some positive news. The MSM including the Express, Mail and Telegraph are full of negative stories related to Brexit. Surely, it can't be all bad news?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I am rather hoping that the fine Leaver minds on this thread can produce some positive news. The MSM including the Express, Mail and Telegraph are full of negative stories related to Brexit. Surely, it can't be all bad news?

Tut! Tut! with an avatar like your's surely you're aware that the fish in British waters are now much happier to be British rather than European. That "fact" does, however, exhaust all the positive brexit stories currently available.

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Universities turn people into closed minded liberal fanatics who see the world how they want it to be, not how it actually is.

'Corduroy jacketed Lefty academics'  🤣

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Universities turn people into closed minded liberal fanatics who see the world how they want it to be, not how it actually is.

The man in this news clip went to university.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

The man in this news clip went to university.

He also has liberal tendencies, just not as severe as say, horseflaps 😀

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

There's a post just above yours where CEO of Barclays sees Brexit as a positive for the finance industry. I feel confident when guys on the front line like this express an opinion.  

He did indeed. And we all look forward to that becoming true - if it does. Meanwhile we can also all see the damage being done to the UK economy NOW, and for those sectors it isn’t going to get better quickly, as it is what the UK government wanted (the new import / export rules if not the logical outcome of those rules) 

But go ahead attack the universities, why not, authoritarians always attack science, culture, education, religion, anything that stands in the way of their specific political ideology. 

50 minutes ago, Surfer said:

He did indeed. And we all look forward to that becoming true - if it does. Meanwhile we can also all see the damage being done to the UK economy NOW, and for those sectors it isn’t going to get better quickly, as it is what the UK government wanted (the new import / export rules if not the logical outcome of those rules) 

But go ahead attack the universities, why not, authoritarians always attack science, culture, education, religion, anything that stands in the way of their specific political ideology. 

It's not as if we have proof that every despotic regime in history attacks the intellectuals and burns books is it? I wonder why that might be?

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Hahaha!

Coururoy jacketed lefty academics always get the girl in the movies. Gammon-faced RWNJs get the heart attacks.

BTW, have you had that conversation with Nige yet? You know! the one about why you wholeheartedly support joining the CPTPP but he wants it to burn in hell.

Edited by horsefly