Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:
  • facilitate unfettered access for NI goods to the GB market, and the inclusion of NI goods in free trade agreements between the UK and third countries

The EU didn't change that rule. 

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

there's thick and thicker from remainers/Iwant to go back in the EU  people or are you just acting dumb 

took a bit of a hammering again last nigh

telling us that NI was in the EU, and then not knowing what the UK is

I bet the other rightys are dead chuffed having someone of your towering intellect putting their case 🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

there's thick and thicker from remainers/Iwant to go back in the EU  people or are you just acting dumb 

Now have a go at writing a sentence that means something. Perhaps it would help if you read and understood the NI protocol. Why do you think the government is on its knees begging for an extension of the grace period rather than taking the EU to court "for breaching the protocol"? Let me help you out: it's because the EU have done no such thing. They have applied the rules accurately, and the UK's crimminaly stupid gamble that the EU would just roll over and allow things to continue as if Brexit never happened has proved a disastrous misjudgement.

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Now have a go at writing a sentence that means something.

that's half the fun - rather like doing the Times crossword over a coffee

re-arranging mouse brains gibberish into 'something' almost coherent

Just now, Bill said:

that's half the fun - rather like doing the Times crossword over a coffee

re-arranging mouse brains gibberish into 'something' almost coherent

The Times crossword is often easier.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I prefer to do the main Telegraph crossword 

You do realise that you can't just put any random misspelt word in the boxes don't you?

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You do realise that you can't just put any random misspelt word in the boxes don't you?

Reminds me of Fletcher in porridge putting RILK in for ROOK whilst arguing with Godber over the crossword🤣

Edited by SHRIMPER
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, horsefly said:

he colours in the squares with his crayons

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Another example of the EU trying to be awkward towards Britain

Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish - BBC News

you and your mate Johnson are sucking up to the unionist thuggies in NI who use their past paramilitary tactics to threaten legitinate customs and excise staff and their families, add a dollop of paisley bluster and its becoming apparent that they don't like to have their nefarious smuggling undertakings recorded and or taxed.  Johnson is dancing to their fiddle and you are no better that the man you duff your cap to.

52 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Reminds me of Fletcher in porridge putting RILK in for ROOK whilst arguing with Godber over the crossword🤣

Or Brian Glover's character Cyril.

"I read a book once. It was green"

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Or Brian Glover's character Cyril.

"I read a book once. It was green"

It was one of the great sit-coms of all time. Brilliantly written and a stellar cast.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It was one of the great sit-coms of all time. Brilliantly written and a stellar cast.

and one of the set crew was a chap called John Sullivan, who had an idea for a sitcom and showed it to Ronnie Barker'

who took time to offer advice and encourage him

some may even know what that sitcom was

Olaf Scholz seems unimpressed......

"Britain outside the EU was able to operate as a “speedboat” in securing coronavirus vaccines, the European Commission president admitted today.

In an acknowledgement of Europe’s slow pace of vaccine rollout, Ursula von der Leyen said that operating on its own allowed the UK to move more nimbly to secure supplies.

But she said the delays in signing contracts was a price worth paying to ensure that all 27 EU member states received equal supplies of the vaccine at the same time.

“Alone, a country can be a speedboat, while the EU is more like a ship,” von der Leyen told a group of European newspapers.

“Before concluding a contract . . . the 27 member states had five full days to say whether they agreed or not. This naturally delays the process. But she added: “I can’t even imagine what it would have meant for Europe, in terms of unity, if one or more member states had access to vaccines and not the others.”

Von der Leyen has come under sustained pressure in recent days for her handling of the vaccine programme amid rows with Astrazeneca over disruption to supplies.

Yesterday the German finance minister Olaf Scholz was reported to have described the EU’s strategy as “really ****” at a cabinet meeting."

There's plusses and minuses to the EUs strategy. International collaboration slows everything down but it means everyone will get a fair crack, from the rich, industrial north to the poorer southern countries. Everyone agrees that it needed to be done much better and there has been a failure at the top but the overall idea was sound imo. 

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:
Olaf Scholz seems unimpressed......

"Britain outside the EU was able to operate as a “speedboat” in securing coronavirus vaccines, the European Commission president admitted today.

In an acknowledgement of Europe’s slow pace of vaccine rollout, Ursula von der Leyen said that operating on its own allowed the UK to move more nimbly to secure supplies.

But she said the delays in signing contracts was a price worth paying to ensure that all 27 EU member states received equal supplies of the vaccine at the same time.

“Alone, a country can be a speedboat, while the EU is more like a ship,” von der Leyen told a group of European newspapers.

“Before concluding a contract . . . the 27 member states had five full days to say whether they agreed or not. This naturally delays the process. But she added: “I can’t even imagine what it would have meant for Europe, in terms of unity, if one or more member states had access to vaccines and not the others.”

Von der Leyen has come under sustained pressure in recent days for her handling of the vaccine programme amid rows with Astrazeneca over disruption to supplies.

Yesterday the German finance minister Olaf Scholz was reported to have described the EU’s strategy as “really ****” at a cabinet meeting."

Errr... Is Broomstick saying the UK is doing better with vaccine rollout because of Brexit??

1 minute ago, Herman said:

There's plusses and minuses to the EUs strategy. International collaboration slows everything down but it means everyone will get a fair crack, from the rich, industrial north to the poorer southern countries. Everyone agrees that it needed to be done much better and there has been a failure at the top but the overall idea was sound imo. 

If you believe the EU strategy was to give everyone a fair crack of the whip then I've got a bridge to sell you. 

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

I expect that's a great consolation to those gasping for a last breath.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Did you read this?

The full effects of Brexit, now that the transition period has ended and the TCA has kicked in, are still only beginning to be felt. Every single one of them discredits the claims made by Brexiters, including the idea that there was no need to extend the transition so as to allow a genuine implementation period. There’s no point in them continuing to deny these effects, or continuing to try to justify the false claims they made. Now, it is their responsibility to work to mitigate, so far as it is possible, the worst of the damage they have created.

And with Johnson and Gove now apparently refusing to accept that the Northern Ireland problems flow from their own policies there is little reason to doubt that we are the beginning of years of acrimony and instability as the Brexit process continues to play out. As many of us feared and warned.

I'm going to say you definitely didn't. 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Just had a look to see whats on on the talking picture channel. The Plank at 4 oclock. In F.uckwit Swindos case it is as thick as a plank.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Did you read this?

yes of I did. I did like the "Brexit gives the UK the opportunity to define its own agenda, and in defining that agenda around financial services, staying competitive with other markets outside of Europe is really what the Government here should be focused on, and I think that's what they're focusing on."

I WISH A FEW MORE OF YOU THOUGHT THE SAME WAY 

18 hours ago, horsefly said:

A big fat Zero jobs created. The Brexit revival of Britain is clearly underway. You couldn't make it up.

True, but it is very positive to have yet another company showing faith in the UK, going against all remourner project fear naysayers and giving one in the eye to Germany.....  🤗

Very symbolic 😎

Edited by paul moy