Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's no different from the negotiations late last year. The threat of 'no-deal' forced the UK to accept a deal that was more favourable to the EU. Now the threat of article Article 16 has forced the PM to act and agree that AZ must fulfill the contract with the EU.

Link or did you just make that up? 

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Who would have thought it. An organisation with a market population of over 400 million has more power than one with 70 million.

A mafia dictatorship will always have more power to misuse and morally I would not want to be part of it.

Edited by paul moy

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Apologies and thanks YF. 👍

No - It wasn't the link I had posted but such comments in passing about early batches where common in all quality papers at the time. It actually wasn't seen as an issue. Sadly our actual supplies are national secret!

As I said, I think AZ have completely ballsed it up - having conflicting contracts. It may be terminal for them. I'd really hoped this could of all been resolved quietly.

Sane people need to see at what rate the EU can actually vaccinate, and what the bottlenecks currently are in the actual vaccine production, certification, test and distribution systems. Is it that we have the drug substance but it then takes another 4 weeks to bottle and test? There may well be room for 'help' without causing anybody any difficulties at all.

Edited by Yellow Fever

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Whatever Boris said to them, must have frightened them to death.

I hope it was to  tear up the Withdrawal Agreement

26 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Link or did you just make that up? 

See, just a negotiation tactic, you play the cards you have and try and get the out come you wanted.

https://news.sky.com/story/what-is-article-16-and-why-did-the-eu-make-a-u-turn-after-triggering-it-12202915

Ms von der Leyen tweeted late on Friday that she'd held "constructive talks" with Mr Johnson.

"We agreed on the principle that there should not be restrictions on the export of vaccines by companies where they are fulfilling contractual responsibilities," she said.

However, an EU statement also warned that if its new export control system was abused it would "consider using all the instruments at its disposal".

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I hope it was to  tear up the Withdrawal Agreement

How clever. No deal and tariffs in place. I wonder if the Nissan CEO agrees.

It would appear that your girl “Poundland Hillary” has previous on cocking up procurement in her previous role.

How many hours has she got before she is forced resign? Or do they stick to the unelected, unanswerable, un-voteoutable “dear leader” and stick by the absolute state of her?

876B0EB6-D33A-4D4C-8AFF-CFB035204D10.jpeg

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Who do you reckon will be the next country to leave? It’s a tough one to call for me because there’s a lot of countries that already feel aggrieved and lots that will feel aggrieved going forward particularly when the vaccines flow into rich countries and not to them. Greece, Poland or maybe Italy?

Even Netherlands are having nightly riots, mainly unreported as per usual. EU is burning!

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Noticeable that the RWNJs haven't said one word in favour of the EU's decision not to invoke article 16. I take it they won't be expecting any extra supplies of vaccines from EU countries if there are production problems in the UK (which has happened in the past, as your link points out). Looking forward to them condemning Johnson's comment on not hesitating to invoke article 16.

When a mugger holds a gun to your head you don't call them best mates for not pulling the trigger

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Even Netherlands are having nightly riots, mainly unreported as per usual. EU is burning!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-55805459

Netherlands: Third night of anti-lockdown riots bring violence and looting

Police in the Netherlands have again clashed with protesters defying a national 9pm curfew for the third night in a row.

Terrible unreporting from the BBC about ANTI-LOCKDOWN riots.

Buh boo, you can spend billions on updating a useless Trident system and suck up to US arms manufacturers, spend more billions on drones and keeping the MODs 'relationship' with our own war **** manufacturers alive, whilst you have 3.5 million children on the poverty line struggling to get laptops to learn in a pandemic and having food parcels paid for by the UN.

But some rather spend money on their children's education and the social structure that serves them, before they waste money on environmentally destructive unsustainable arms.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I am glad our streets are safe at night.

55 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Buh boo, you can spend billions on updating a useless Trident system and suck up to US arms manufacturers, spend more billions on drones and keeping the MODs 'relationship' with our own war **** manufacturers alive, whilst you have 3.5 million children on the poverty line struggling to get laptops to learn in a pandemic and having food parcels paid for by the UN.

But some rather spend money on their children's education and the social structure that serves them, before they waste money on environmentally destructive unsustainable arms.

Don't forget the billions on the high speed rail link that is going to save twenty minutes.

And don't get me started on Trident. No one will attack us with Trident. Well ask the relatives of the MEN Arena bombing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

There’s a few on here! 

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

image.png.89934aa115918e872286c4a819fb0bb6.png

😂

🤣

Have you had the jab yet, Ricardo? I had the Oxford last Wednesday 👍

I trust the Remainiacs here are going to wait in the EU queue for their jabs rather than the UK one 😉 

I think you'll find the vast majority of remainers have said the EU ballsed up and are glad they did a quick change before any major damage was done.

Johnson and the Vote Leave government have constantly ballsed up.Response from the serfs:

TUMBLEWEED GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think you'll find the vast majority of remainers have said the EU ballsed up and are glad they did a quick change before any major damage was done.

Johnson and the Vote Leave government have constantly ballsed up.Response from the serfs:

TUMBLEWEED GIF | Gfycat

The beer you fetched better be cold!

51 minutes ago, Jools said:

🤣

Have you had the jab yet, Ricardo? I had the Oxford last Wednesday 👍

I trust the Remainiacs here are going to wait in the EU queue for their jabs rather than the UK one 😉 

Yes last Saturday, Pfizer.

• Like 1

Jools is back.

Still making mirth about the EU. 

You just can't live without them can you? 

Good holiday in Florida with all your celebrity friends?

Not only are UK jobs, taxes etc going to the EU, investment from US and Asia is being lost to the EU. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/30/uk-firms-plan-to-shift-across-channel-after-brexit-chaos

The figures have been compiled by government unit the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency, , which said that while most of the firms were already based in the UK, a minority were new companies from the US and Asia which had investigated a UK move, but had decided against investing here because of Brexit.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

quote the full content of that conversation it's obviously in reply 

It's what you said, it stands on it's own as a statement.

If you're not happy with that then go back and have a look.

On 24/08/2020 at 14:20, SwindonCanary said:

As long as he gets Brexit done, he can shag anyone 👍🙂

so, mouse brain caught lying again