Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

only a right sicko could use 100,00 UK Covid deaths in some desperate means to score points

up there with RTBs referring to child sex victims as prostitutes

looking back at the 20th century and seeing the horrors inflicted on their fellow human beings by rightys it is not hard to comprehend how it happened when you read this kind of stuff

He’s a sick bigoted individual Bill, can’t believe more haven’t just blocked Swindon. I blocked him after his lies on that Canadian bench and his remarks about the war dead. Just the sort who really isn’t worth any effort on.

BREXIT UPDATE
Due to long term idiot activity concluding at No 10, we can no longer send any plants to Northern Ireland or the EU (an overnight loss of 10% and 450 million potential customers). The red bus advertising that Sovereignty perk must have gotten lost. If BoJo fragments us any further, his neighbours will have to pass through border control to borrow a cup of sugar. 

https://www.trees-online.co.uk/

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

He’s a sick bigoted individual Bill, can’t believe more haven’t just blocked Swindon. I blocked him after his lies on that Canadian bench and his remarks about the war dead. Just the sort who really isn’t worth any effort on.

yep, more fool me for expecting better from someone who stuck a neonazi logo on a WW1 Commonwealth war cemetery photo

back to blocking his odious outpourings

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

BREXIT UPDATE
Due to long term idiot activity concluding at No 10, we can no longer send any plants to Northern Ireland or the EU (an overnight loss of 10% and 450 million potential customers). The red bus advertising that Sovereignty perk must have gotten lost. If BoJo fragments us any further, his neighbours will have to pass through border control to borrow a cup of sugar. 

Trouble is him and his crew are getting off with it lightly as the Covid f****p is taking the entire focus. By the time we come out of this pandemic little will be able to be done for the thousands of businesses effected in the UK!

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Trouble is him and his crew are getting off with it lightly as the Covid f****p is taking the entire focus. By the time we come out of this pandemic little will be able to be done for the thousands of businesses effected in the UK!

I had the feeling that they would go for no deal and use covid as cover. But luckily we just have a terrible deal and covid as cover.😐

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I had the feeling that they would go for no deal and use covid as cover. But luckily we just have a terrible deal and covid as cover.😐

Well from March my contract in Norway will be taken over by in house team as it’s going to be easier to manage than all the visa and paperwork I’d need each time I’m called to a meeting in Norway. So thanks to Brexit in part it’s cost me that contract.

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that Indy. Hopefully something else will come along to replace that. 

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well from March my contract in Norway will be taken over by in house team as it’s going to be easier to manage than all the visa and paperwork I’d need each time I’m called to a meeting in Norway. So thanks to Brexit in part it’s cost me that contract.

a loss that no doubt is being suffered up and down the country, as years of hard work and integration are being swept away by this act of gross stupidity - and whatever happens in the future much will never be regained

yet all we now get from those responsible is extremely stupid stuff from about how

'our vaccines are better than yours na na na na na'

which confirms what we have known all along,  this was never about bettering the lot if UK folk but gratifying their hate filled bigotry towards  'furriners'

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sorry to hear that Indy. Hopefully something else will come along to replace that. 

I have other contracts which are support only so no travel involved but I’ve been involved with this particular company for 14 years.

This was the deciding factor there were other factors including travel restrictions under Covid and the cost for travel was going up each time so not all down to Brexit but certainly the decisive factor now.

Edited by Indy

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

a loss that no doubt is being suffered up and down the country, as years of hard work and integration are being swept away by this act of gross stupidity - and whatever happens in the future much will never be regained

yet all we now get from those responsible is extremely stupid stuff from about how

'our vaccines are better than yours na na na na na'

which confirms what we have known all along,  this was never about bettering the lot if UK folk but gratifying their hate filled bigotry towards  'furriners'

But we have our sovereignty back Bill.

Its a bit like Pickles finding the World Cup really. Only not as important.

45 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

NO you buffoon! This is NOTHING to do with Brexit. The UK order was submitted according to EU regulations. The UK order was made much earlier than the EU's and it turned out to be a gamble that paid off (but that is still NOTHING to do with Brexit). The EU's argument is that AZ promised to meet an order and has failed to provide what they promised (still NOTHING to do with Brexit). Why are you suprised that the EU are angry about this? Had EU based Pfizer failed to provide millions of the vaccines that we ordered (and were promised to us) would you have expected the UK government to complain? Of course you would, and our complaint would have had NOTHING to do with Brexit, but would have been a straightforward contractual issue. Thus the merits or otherwise of the EU's claim that AZ should at least meet some of their contractual requirements by sharing out some of the UK produced vaccine is NOTHING to do with Brexit.

Trying to turn this serious failure by AZ to meet its contractual promises to the EU into a "Brexit plus" for the UK, is not only patently false, but is also morally base to say the least.

• Like 2

The RWNJ media have their "bash the EU" story to hype for the next month though... so it can't be all bad.

What's this, I hear you cry..... why if it is not more Brexit good news

"The UK pig industry has asked the government for help after Brexit-related border problems and an influx of cheap European meat led to more than 100,000 surplus pigs backed up on farms around the country. The National Pig Association* wrote to George Eustice, the environment secretary, last week asking him to convene an urgent meeting with processors and retailers in the face of “higher costs, falling prices and a shrinking market”.

* anyone here a member ?

https://www.ft.com/content/be929057-2bbf-4cfc-9106-11665b180824

but fear ye not, help is at hand

15 hours ago, Herman said:

BREXIT UPDATE

I couldn’t quite believe this when I read it and thought it was a spoof site, but it isn’t. Enjoyed reading about the Crimson King Maple 😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

NO you buffoon! This is NOTHING to do with Brexit. The UK order was submitted according to EU regulations. The UK order was made much earlier than the EU's and it turned out to be a gamble that paid off (but that is still NOTHING to do with Brexit). The EU's argument is that AZ promised to meet an order and has failed to provide what they promised (still NOTHING to do with Brexit). Why are you suprised that the EU are angry about this? Had EU based Pfizer failed to provide millions of the vaccines that we ordered (and were promised to us) would you have expected the UK government to complain? Of course you would, and our complaint would have had NOTHING to do with Brexit, but would have been a straightforward contractual issue. Thus the merits or otherwise of the EU's claim that AZ should at least meet some of their contractual requirements by sharing out some of the UK produced vaccine is NOTHING to do with Brexit.

Trying to turn this serious failure by AZ to meet its contractual promises to the EU into a "Brexit plus" for the UK, is not only patently false, but is also morally base to say the least.

So what you are saying is that we have got the better of the EU again 👍

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So what you are saying is that we have got the better of the EU again 👍

No! what I'm saying is YOU'RE A FU*CKING IDIOT! As your response makes patently clear. And not only that, YOU'RE AN IMMORAL FU*CKING IDIOT. A pandemic isn't an arena for competition you moron.

Edited by horsefly

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So after a rant like that it proves I'm right  🙂

No it proves that your obstinate idiocy leaves people with no other option than to point out in unambiguous terms what an utter cretin you are. 

On 25/01/2021 at 16:07, Creative Midfielder said:

Yes indeed, and isn't it heartwarming that a party which totally disbelieved the concept of magic money trees and relentlessly mocked those who were inclined to believe in them have now discovered that not only do they exist but they're not even a rare species - apparently look around virtually any corner you like and there's a magic tree with a few billion to spend on whatever takes your fancy 😂

Very strange though why it's taking so long to find the one that has the NHS and other public service workers pay rise on it 😠

Yes well said midfielder, whilst 3.5 million kids are on the poverty line and the UN is paying for food parcel for south London children, virtual signalling according to  Rees smug, one of the many privileged who occupy the HoC. you could not make it up.

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

FFS. Firstly, this one individual MEP does not speak for the entirety of the EU. Secondly, The hyperbole of a  "trade war" being threatened is directly  to do with AZ not utilizing their UK stocks to provide supplies of the vaccine to the EU. Their claim appears to be that utilizing UK stocks was specifically promised in their contract with AZ. Neither you nor I know whether that is true; but either way this is clearly a contractual dispute and NOTHING to do with Brexit. Learn to read you buffoon.

Edited by horsefly
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

believe as you wish but I think it's a Brexit thing. I'll  have a go at you next time you rant about me coz that's not Brexit !

You think everything is a Brexit thing, although 'think' is actually entirely the wrong verb to use in this context.

You don't appear to think at all but you believe it is a Brexit thing because that is your default setting, and indeed your only setting 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

believe as you wish but I think it's a Brexit thing. I'll  have a go at you next time you rant about me coz that's not Brexit !

Idiot! The fact you believe or think something is entirely irrelevant to its truth or falsity. Even a primary school kid knows that much ffs. This is entirely a contractual dispute between AZ and the EU. Otherwise show us your evidence that this is a result of the Brexit deal. Of course you can't, because it isn't.

What is so wrong with you that you insist on displaying your appalling ignorance by repeatedly making such obviously false and stupid claims?

• Like 1

You don't like it, because Britain has vaccinated 11% of the population whilst in German they have only done 0.5 % . The best thing about an independent Nation !

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You don't like it, because Britain has vaccinated 11% of the population whilst in German they have only done 0.5 % . The best thing about an independent Nation !

You really haven't followed or understood any of the debate have you. My God you're so childish.

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So is the fact that Germany has suffered 660 Covid deaths per 1m population whilst Britain has suffered considerably more than double that at 1496 per 1m population also a great thing about being an independent nation?????

You seem to be reaching new heights of mind boggling stupidity - so much so that Jools seems to have given up even competing with you any more. You are out there in front and even a late comeback by Paul M, although noteworthy in its own right, doesn't look capable of overtaking your outstanding idiocy. You must be proud  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5