Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Johnson has always made promises with no intention of keeping them, and not just in politics. I believe he still plans to break the rules he signed up to, but because the EU don’t trust him, especially after threatening to break the law over the WA, they did him up like a kipper( pun intended), and that makes it very difficult for him. 

Edited by dj11
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigFish said:

If there is a fishing industry left

My uncle who lives off fishing is doing the same as usual at the moment, it has not come to a holt.

Edited by SwindonCanary

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

My uncle who lives of fishing is doing the same as usual at the moment, it has not come to a holt.

Typical Brexiteer, as long as it doesn't impact them or theirs they don't care how many livelihoods are destroyed by their selfish actions.

All I can see if this is what Raab calls a 'good' deal for fishing then heaven help us for the 'not so good' parts of the deal.

Of course - If we can now rip up all the worker protection, little redundancy pay, hire-'em fire-'em, 2 weeks paid holiday i.e. move to a dynamic US system it will work (and yes the fisherman / farmers can either compete on a global market or go bust - subsidy? What's that?)  - that is at least consistent with what we've done. Let's get on with it then in those red wall seats - what - not what we voted for - too late dumbos.

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

My uncle who lives of fishing is doing the same as usual at the moment, it has not come to a holt.

I am sorry, but this reply clearly shows that he is a troll, and I am surprised you still converse with him. If everyone ignored his over the top comments, he would go away. I think you should all try it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So you think the EU is playing fair ?  

With the greatest of respect why would they ?. We voted to leave and go it on our own, why would you expect them to put our interests before theirs ? Think of how bad it would have been had we not done a deal. Like we were told by Boris and Farage we could do it all ourself, reality has dawned on Europe, that if ( as in sheep ) Spain can provide why do they need the U.K. Why do they want to buy week old fresh fish and seafood from us ? It might be British but if nobody wants to buy it, it does not really matter. What you are really saying is as time moves on they will need us less and less, let’s hope the plus however many jobs there were going to be in the U.K. don’t become the same figure as a minus.

As far as I see Boris and Farage must have known the EU could make it difficult for us to trade, but never mentioned it, so they must have a plan you would think ?

Again after reading the comments of the likes of Moy I can see many leave votes were racially motivated, with sheer hatred, especially towards the French, with not a lot to do with the economics. I suspect the tables are now turned and they dislike us just as much.

A genuine question, yesterday when our Tesco delivery arrived all the fruit was unavailable. My wife therefore went to the supermarket to purchase some. After visiting 3 she managed to get some pears and apples in Aldi.

Does anyone know if this is just lots of circumstances or is this to do with Europe ?

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A genuine question, yesterday when our Tesco delivery arrived all the fruit was unavailable. My wife therefore went to the supermarket to purchase some. After visiting 3 she managed to get some pears and apples in Aldi.

Does anyone know if this is just lots of circumstances or is this to do with Europe ?

It is down to tge EU not 'playing fair' 😅

They are sticking to the rules the, err ..................UK agreed to when it was a member, and signed up to in the 'deal'

Sainsburys seem to be out if fruit by mid afternoon, while Aldi have been refilling late in the evening - something I have not seen in the fruit aisle before

Of course this could all be coincidence, the failings in so many other areas of trade and supply could just be 'fake new's * and our betters' were not lying to us at all

* insert numerous sheep bleating

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

It is down to tge EU not 'playing fair' 😅

They are sticking to the rules the, err ..................UK agreed to when it was a member, and signed up to in the 'deal'

Sainsburys seem to be out if fruit by mid afternoon, while Aldi have been refilling late in the evening - something I have not seen in the fruit aisle before

Of course this could all be coincidence, the failings in so many other areas of trade and supply could just be 'fake new's * and our betters' were not lying to us at all

* insert numerous sheep bleating

Thanks Bill

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

My uncle who lives off fishing is doing the same as usual at the moment, it has not come to a holt.

He lives in the Phillipines

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Why is he still working at his age, you've retired so the generation above you should've retired a while ago.

20 minutes ago, Well b back said:

This is pertinent point  - 

Mark Moore, manager of the Dartmouth Crab Company, said his business and others were protesting to "raise awareness" of the impact of new border checks. He told BBC Radio Five Live his company had faced delays of up to eight and a half hours when delivering produce into the European Union. He added that the situation was "especially difficult" for the shellfish sector, where goods were at risk of going off before reaching customers.

"It's not about the increased documentation per se," he said.

"We have taken that on board, and we ourselves - and I know many others - have had no issues with producing the actual paperwork."

"It's the volume required and the timeframe in which to produce it, which doesn't lend itself to live shellfish and fish generally."

In short their business isn't now viable selling to the EU from outside the SM or without a deal at least similar to Norway (inside the SM).

Who would of guessed that ?

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It’s been less than three weeks since we left. I wonder who will be next to kick off. Odds on the car industry. 

Waiting for the English Lamb season....

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It has certainly affected the gammon industry, as I have never seen it so quiet 😏

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

It’s been less than three weeks since we left. I wonder who will be next to kick off. Odds on the car industry. 

The brexit bounce ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55702243

'Soaring shipping costs are likely to cause a bounce in the cost of trampolines in the UK this summer'

14 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

When does that start? Early February? 

The bedding plant season starts soon too. Expect empty garden centres. 

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

I will say it - Led by the nose like lambs to the slaughter....

Baaaa Baaah.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

That is the birthing of lambs, not the sale

However there is a good report below which explains why the UK was in the EU in that respect - and why it could spell disaster for  UK lamb exports to the EU

Expect the serious bleating to start when the subsidy junkies finally grasp the implications of Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55209329

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

a report in the problems was put up in September (below) - which demonstrates that these problems were not only known about but well publicised way before 1st January

and out was blatant lying by Johnson to suggest that some sort of deal could remove them

and it was blatant stupidity from brexiteers who chose to ignore so many experts in their industry - yet believe the one habitual liar. Johnson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54210558

perhaps the thickos could tell us why they thought these folk were not speaking the truth

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Cheers for those. Pretty bleak outlook all round. 

What you have overlooked is the benefit to te UK in all of this (plants)

The UK can simply build the same nursery infrastructure and produce these plants - after all the former is a few days work and the latter a few hours growth

Set up in the Fens and you will also have an abundance of workers

..... assuming East Europeans are still allowed to move to the UK to work

And by Spring 2023 or so Brexit types who visit garden centres will be able to buy all the bedding plants they want........

.......as long as they are quick   😂

Brexit - teaching thick people that their actions have consequences

Echo chamber at work again I see .........   🙃

Remoaners proved wrong again as the UK went its own way with the vaccine and is at the forefront in the world

Now, millions of Britons are being given the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine (alongside the much more expensive Pfizer one). Yet the EU has still not approved it for use, and, in general, its vaccine strategy has been lumbering and over-bureaucratic compared with ours.

Last spring, the Observer ran a story, based on a letter sent to them by various academics and lawyers attacking our Government's decision to go it alone, with the headline, 'Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK'.

In July, when the Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced definitively that the UK would be buying and regulating Covid vaccines outside the EU's system, the Guardian reflected the outrage of some Labour and Lib Dem MPs with the headline 'UK plan to shun EU vaccine scheme 'unforgiveable' say critics'.

They now look ridiculous. Thanks to the astute purchasing policy of the UK's Vaccine Taskforce, headed by one of Britain's most successful investors in bio-technology, Kate Bingham, we have got many more doses per capita, and more quickly, than the citizens of the EU.

And thanks to the extraordinary efforts of our own Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency to streamline its processes but without taking a single shortcut, approval for the Pfizer vaccine came more quickly than it did from the EU medical regulator. 

(That would have been even more delayed, but for belated outrage by German politicians, since it was actually invented by German scientists.)

As for the remark by the Belgian deputy prime minister, Petra De Sutter, that the UK is 'vaccinating people with vaccines that do not have the same standard as the ones we use', that untruth was just sour grapes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9158151/DOMINIC-LAWSON-Amazing-true-leading-world-fight-against-virus.html

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

He lives in the Phillipines

Cornwall as you do. and it''s the Philippines !

Edited by SwindonCanary

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And it's has a SINGLE QUOTE😂😂😂😂

if  he is anything to do with Swindo, I would expect his actual name to be Phillip P enis

seen here

The old Fisherman | Old fisherman, Portrait photography men, Photography

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

Phillip P enis

it's the Philippines

I've only visited it 3 times 

Edited by SwindonCanary