Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

No they're not.

You still have to pay on-the-spot fines, if you don't you'll go to jail.

Also EU registered vehicles caught by speed cameras in the UK will be able to avoid penalty.

Can you explain why this is a good thing?

Well at least Swindon maintains his 100% record for getting things wrong.

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All motoring offences given to British people in the EU are now void 👍

They had the cheek to give us motoring offences after we saved them during WWII?

Well thats gratitude for you.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They had the cheek to give us motoring offences after we saved them during WWII?

Well thats gratitude for you.

I know! bloody disgraceful. And to think we allowed all those Polish pilots to sacrifice themselves in the RAF, only for their decendants to think they had a right to come over here, work hard, and contribute to the economy, bastar*ds!

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

No they're not.

You still have to pay on-the-spot fines, if you don't you'll go to jail.

Also EU registered vehicles caught by speed cameras in the UK will be able to avoid penalty.

Can you explain why this is a good thing?

So not only are EU citizens still able to wander in and spend 6 months here, but now we won't be able to track who is driving the cars.

Great news if you are some East European crook, thanks to brexit the UK coppers will now have an even harder task tracking you

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

FISH.

So many videos like this are doing the rounds. Guess they wish they had listened to us "remoaners" now. Sadly a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and businesses. Rule Britannia!

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So many videos like this are doing the rounds. Guess they wish they had listened to us "remoaners" now. Sadly a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and businesses. Rule Britannia!

I expect mouse brain will be along to call him Silly Liar - and repeat his absurd guff about how brexit will be so good for the UK fishing industry

whereas in reality it is a massive crippling blow for not only fishermen, farmers and hauliers but small businesses exporting to the EU.... and so much more, that is coming out by the day

Just having a quick peek.  I see you are alive and well in your negative remoaner echo chamber isolation ........   😎🤗

10 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Just having a quick peek.  I see you are alive and well in your negative remoaner echo chamber isolation ........   😎🤗

Just like the Fish Merchant?🐟📉

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It is an "insult" for the prime minister to describe disruption to trade across the Irish Sea border as teething problems, a DUP MP has said.

Earlier, Boris Johnson said he was assured goods were flowing "effectively" from GB to NI.

The DUP says the new arrangements are having severe economic consequences.

Ian Paisley told the Commons: "I must ask, what did we do to members on those benches over there to be screwed over by this protocol?

"It has ruined trade in Northern Ireland and it's an insult to our intelligence to say it's a teething problem."

'Urgent intervention needed'

Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove said he accepted Mr Paisley's points, and said "more needs to be done" to ensure the protocol works successfully. 

Today in a science and technology select committee hearing, the Coventry South MP, the Corbynite twenty-something Zarah Sultana, yes that is her real name, said we should do the 'humane' thing by prioritising 'disenfranchised' prisoners for the Covid vaccine above the old and infirm as it would be 'good for public health'. 

So please tell granny not to get too excited waiting for 'that' letter from the NHS, as there's a loon out here wants to give it to criminals first.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Glitches? No, reality.

Great deal of sympathy with their plight (always assuming they didn't vote for this) with the issues but there is no easy way to remove them short of staying in the SM - a 'Norway'. We are now by Westminster design a third country.

I guess that will be an independent Scotland back in the EU or the SM then for Scottish fishermen asap?

Better the devil you knew with hindsight!

Edited by Yellow Fever

12 hours ago, paul moy said:

I see what's happened; you've mistaken the one brain cell pinging around the vast empty cavern within your cranium as an echo chamber. Easy mistake for someone like you to make.

Edited by horsefly

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Other than it being a further indication of how Tory MPs were prepared to go along with lies and deception over this matter, would there have been any difference made if she had taken her responsibilities seriously ?

My thought is that Johnson deliberately strung the negotiations out so that there would not be time enough to go through all the implications - as they knew what a shtfest they were signing up to.

They knew from 2019 that what was called an 'oven ready' deal was a bare faced lie otherwise 2020 would have been a time of transition ie bedding in.

Instead it was one of delay, hoping to knock a few if the rough edges off what was always going to be a disaster for UK trade. And then ensuring that it would be too late for anything to be done. Johnson handed the EU a blank cheque.

That he lied to the UK electorate should come as no surprise. Not so much that he is an inveterate liar - but that him and the rest knew there were so many thickos out there that he could tell them anything and there would believe it.

And the worst is still to come

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Other than it being a further indication of how Tory MPs were prepared to go along with lies and deception over this matter, would there have been any difference made if she had taken her responsibilities seriously ?

My thought is that Johnson deliberately strung the negotiations out so that there would not be time enough to go through all the implications - as they knew what a shtfest they were signing up to.

They knew from 2019 that what was called an 'oven ready' deal was a bare faced lie otherwise 2020 would have been a time of transition ie bedding in.

Instead it was one of delay, hoping to knock a few if the rough edges off what was always going to be a disaster for UK trade. And then ensuring that it would be too late for anything to be done. Johnson handed the EU a blank cheque.

That he lied to the UK electorate should come as no surprise. Not so much that he is an inveterate liar - but that him and the rest knew there were so many thickos out there that he could tell them anything and there would believe it.

And the worst is still to come

I don't think Johnson that's bright to have 'planned' anything. But yes it was too late to spot all the holes.

As to the Fisheries Minister. Well her position / job / future as an MP should be toast. Her position is completely indefensible even if Johnson would of ignored her anyway (did he even read it?).

What she has in effect said is that the whole of the UK fishing industry is less important to her than a child's 'Nativity' trail. Simply not up to the job.

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I don't think Johnson that's bright to have 'planned' anything. But yes it was too late to spot all the holes.

That rather stretches things. Whereby the holes were not then known until the last minute.

Not feasible at all

The 'holes were flagged up before the 2019 election. They were pointed out during January, and then throughout 2020.. It was for that reason the transition was not implemented. Not some intransigence on the part of the EU (check the date)

Bill - the last time Johnson 'planned' anything  was pre the 2016 referendum - his plan I'm pretty sure was to lead the Brexiteers, lose gracefully as expected and then lead/reunite the Tory party round his leadership in smooth economic waters with the 'Europe' issue resolved. Knock Corbyn into oblivion.

Sadly he dug his hole too deep, didn't shore it up and the sides collapsed all but drowning him in his Brexiteer excrement. Ever since its been what he needs to do for the next month - what lies, fibs, untruths does he need to tell all and sundry - even the Queen and the electorate to keep all the balls in the air for a few more months. Ergo his 'oven ready' Brexit deal.

Of course it all eventually unravels - above it's the fishermen who discover they were treated with contempt - same with hauliers, farmers and most exporters. Ditto NI and the DUP.  Johnson is just another Trump with a band of only a few brainwashed simpletons left to fool.

You could add his Covid response and his  inability to look too far ahead / reactionary into the list of poor planning as well 

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

It should have been obvious to anyone and certainly guided my vote.

For forty years we were in an institution and we knew and understood what we were in for.

Now, nobody has a clue what will happen because it has never happened before.

For years I have listened to feeble minds like Moy and Jools saying France does what it wants and Germany just wants to dominate.

Well we had the opportunity to do that but quite simply never had the guts or intelligence to do it. Perhaps if our own internal laws and attitudes were different and the greedy in this nation didn't strive for more greed, then perhaps we could have been shepherds and not sheep.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It should have been obvious to anyone and certainly guided my vote.

For forty years we were in an institution and we knew and understood what we were in for.

Now, nobody has a clue what will happen because it has never happened before.

For years I have listened to feeble minds like Moy and Jools saying France does what it wants and Germany just wants to dominate.

Well we had the opportunity to do that but quite simply never had the guts or intelligence to do it. Perhaps if our own internal laws and attitudes were different and the greedy in this nation didn't strive for more greed, then perhaps we could have been shepherds and not sheep.

We actually did rather well out of it though - the renewal of the car industry, 'Gateway to Europe', financial services etc. to name a few. All lost now.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

We actually did rather well out of it though - the renewal of the car industry, 'Gateway to Europe', financial services etc. to name a few. All lost now.

Yep and now we can see all the above slowly dissolving away, EU countries benefitting from our self inflicted isolation.