Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

12 hours ago, Bill said:

no, it is one thing amongst much else that he knows will provoke a response

stop wasting your time treating him as worthy of replying to

I believe you said the same thing about Swindon.

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well done.

But, Herman, think how good it feels to be "free" to pay more.

Just now, horsefly said:

I believe you said the same thing about Swindon.

A fall from grace... mea culpa

Up writing stuff, Swindos lies popped up and temptation got the better if me

However I would argue that my responses were not posted in way of treating his gibberish as international trolling - as with RTB/Crank, Moy/Jools.

Swindo is nothing more than a small minded racist, nobody is in any doubt on that - whereas with the above they are treated as if their nonsense has serious intent

34 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well done.

If only someone has explained that an extra 220 million forms per year might cost something

That delays at the ports would cost something

That VAT registration and fees might be an extra cost to small UK businesses

That having a customs birder between GB and NI would cost something

but they did.... and much more, only to have Brexiteers reply with "project fear...baa baa "

looks like the Brexit sheep are about to be fleeced "ha ha ha"

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I don't think it does any harm every now and again to point out their stupidity, lying, and racism . Apart from RTB who deserves no responses after his comment describing Epstein's child rape victims as "well paid prostitutes". As far as I know he has never apologised for that horrific claim.

my thought would be to refute and point out their lies only - as a simple fact checker

leave their 'opinions' to fester

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Swindo is nothing more than a small minded racist, nobody is in any doubt on that - whereas with the above they are treated as if their nonsense has serious intent

Illusions of grandeur... He's such a prat!

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Illusions of grandeur... He's such a prat!

I would suggest that if not being as stupid as you is any message, then there is around 50 million plus other folk in the UK with "Illusions of grandeur."

Until the next time bigot boy, I am switching you off

bye bye 🛏️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

they are finding it too expensive to travel as they can't fish  our coasts or Norway's  they are having a right go at Angela Dorothea Merkel 

Here we go then - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-55621259

By the way as I doubt you actually read and understand anything Kirkella ia a British Hull based boat.

Brexit: Kirkella super trawler unable to fish since Brexit

Read it and weep. Your 'German 'story' is as one for the air-heads.

Edited by Yellow Fever

59 minutes ago, Bill said:

Swindon is nothing more than a small minded racist, nobody is in any doubt on that - whereas with the above they are treated as if their nonsense has serious intent

Billy liar at it again !

So Johnson lied - whether as a knave or fool it will matter little to those who will now see

their businesses collapse due to VAT requirements

shops short of food

the fishing industry losing jobs and money

hauliers losing jobs and money

money spent on building lorry parks, not funding hospital beds

money spent hiring customs officials, not medical staff

and we are not a fortnight into this highly damaging nonsense

And Simon Rattle is going back to Germany. There are personal reasons here but it is also Brexit-related. The detrimental effect on the City has meant the project for a new concert hall in London, which was one of the attractions for Rattle of coming back to the UK, is on ice. Among other problems, funding does not seem as likely as before. And Brexit makes it harder for UK musicians to perform in EU countries. Still, I doubt Mark Francois, with his SAS fantasies, wants to hear about culture. He probably reaches for his Browning...

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Here we go then - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-55621259

By the way as I doubt you actually read and understand anything Kirkella ia a British Hull based boat.

Brexit: Kirkella super trawler unable to fish since Brexit

Read it and weep. Your 'German 'story' is as one for the air-heads.

It is truly astounding that after 4 years of Brexit negotiations this is where we have arrived. Perhaps we all misunderstood what the government meant when they promised to get rid of the crisis in the UK fishing industry. Seems they are working on a policy of "get rid of the fishing industry and you get rid of the fishing industry crisis"

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And Simon Rattle is going back to Germany. There are personal reasons here but it is also Brexit-related. The detrimental effect on the City has meant the project for a new concert hall in London, which was one of the attractions for Rattle of coming back to the UK, is on ice. Among other problems, funding does not seem as likely as before. And Brexit makes it harder for UK musicians to perform in EU countries. Still, I doubt Mark Francois, with his SAS fantasies, wants to hear about culture. He probably reaches for his Browning...

In Mark Francois' case I think he reaches for a Brownie (or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5...)

Seems the RWNJ Brexiteers are happy with the destruction of the UK fishing industry just as long as Germany/France/Netherlands/Spain... get to feel a bit of pain too. You couldn't make it up. Xenophobia trumps all it seems.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It is truly astounding that after 4 years of Brexit negotiations this is where we have arrived. Perhaps we all misunderstood what the government meant when they promised to get rid of the crisis in the UK fishing industry. Seems they are working on a policy of "get rid of the fishing industry and you get rid of the fishing industry crisis"

Not really, as what was promised to the thickos was never feasible - as explained from the start

Either the UK is in the EU or it is not. There was never any 'part pregnant' option.

The EU with the UK as a member has spent nearly 50 years working to make trade easier, cheaper and quicker.

The UK chose to put itself outside that. The consequences of that were made clear, repeatedly - but the thickos chose to believe habitual liars like Farage, Rees-Mogg and Johnson - supposedly on the basis that they had to tell the truth at some point.

Be assured, this is only the beginning of this shtshow as the country learns how far this impacts on their day to day life.

Because only then will it hit home what they have done.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Seems the RWNJ Brexiteers are happy with the destruction of the UK fishing industry just as long as Germany/France/Netherlands/Spain... get to feel a bit of pain too. You couldn't make it up. Xenophobia trumps all it seems.

I think this is nearer the truth.

They 'trawl' around for any and every story they can find to show the EU in a bad light whatever the actual facts (vaccines, fishing) as above. It's really a sign of desperation as they are yet to find any actual material tangible benefits beyond a bit of red white and blue bunting but they can't admit that to themselvesa. Aww bless.

It seems PM, RTB and SC are just anti EU first and last and nothing else matters. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Rather like the Parrot Sketch

What else is there for them to say "we were wrong" ?

Nope, better to try and distract by saying how much extra hard work EU customs will have in confiscating UK food

Lorry driver loses his food supply v customs officer who throws it in the bin

The thickos have a point. The real loser must be the customs officer

Now wait till you see how lorry drivers are checked for what personal items they try to bring in. There's going to be a fair few who find their supply of cheap 'baccy' has dried up, and a fair few drivers who have lost a nice little earner

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

Rather like the Parrot Sketch

What else is there for them to say "we were wrong" ?

Nope, better to try and distract by saying how much extra hard work EU customs will have in confiscating UK food

Lorry driver loses his food supply v customs officer who throws it in the bin

The thickos have a point. The real loser must be the customs officer

Now wait till you see how lorry drivers are checked for what personal items they try to bring in. There's going to be a fair few who find their supply of cheap 'baccy' has dried up, and a fair few drivers who have lost a nice little earner

Some helpful advice on what you now can't take to europe. Rule Britannia!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-uk-eu-food-rules-travel-b1786462.html

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Some helpful advice on what you now can't take to europe. Rule Britannia!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-uk-eu-food-rules-travel-b1786462.html

That is actually very useful and it’s great news that I can still bring back Spanish ham from Mallorca. I am somewhat surprised at our laissez faire ( sorry about the use of the French language), attitude to bringing in food products from the EU compared to our European friends. Could it be that we trust their standards more than they trust ours? I suppose that now we have taken back control of our borders, we can do what we like. 

Well, at least Operation Kill Your Granny At Christmas has been a roaring success. Well done Bozza. 

10 minutes ago, dj11 said:

That is actually very useful and it’s great news that I can still bring back Spanish ham from Mallorca. I am somewhat surprised at our laissez faire ( sorry about the use of the French language), attitude to bringing in food products from the EU compared to our European friends. Could it be that we trust their standards more than they trust ours? I suppose that now we have taken back control of our borders, we can do what we like. 

it might raise alarm were the UK to ban EU high standard food while allowing dangerous filth from the US - even if the latter is labelled 'fit only for brexiteers'

as the problem there, is once this filth gets into the country it cannot be traced, so it could be in your pies, fried chicken, burgers etc

☠️that is why the EU are being vigilante, starting as they mean to go on ☠️

the consequences of which our greedy farmers will all too soon be made aware

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All motoring offences given to British people in the EU are now void 👍

No they're not.

You still have to pay on-the-spot fines, if you don't you'll go to jail.

Also EU registered vehicles caught by speed cameras in the UK will be able to avoid penalty.

Can you explain why this is a good thing?

• Thanks 1