Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

of course I voted for Thatcher, Labour were saying no increase to forces wages, whilst Maggie said 15% to the forces . it was the Forces that put her into power !

So you were asked and you voted for the person who was keeping you in.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

So you were asked and you voted for the person who was keeping you in.

there's a job at the concentration camp

oh, I am not sure about that, I do have a moral stance

we'll up your wages

right, when do I start

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You will be declining the vaccine then ?.

Lots of Pfizer being used, you might find that’s German being manufactured in Belgium and the 1st one dose vaccine will likely be Italian or an Oxford / Russian combination
There are limited amounts of AstraZeneca coming from the U.K. as at present even most of that is shipped from the Netherlands currently.

Better check where those syringes and vaccine vials come from too.

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Open borders, lack of vaccine and the failing single market is why the virus is going to kill so many in the EU and all they can worry about is haulier's ham sandwiches.  Our borders are now mostly closed although belatedly and ironically thanks to the EU's bitterness , which should now work to our benefit.

You keep gloating about Europeans dying, this is totally out of order.

Had AstraZeneca not had their European plants manufacture the Oxford vaccine the Oxford vaccine would only have started coming today. AstraZeneca is a Swedish company.

Once again I stress we are doing an amazing job I am just making a point comparisons are totally irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

of course I voted for Thatcher, Labour were saying no increase to forces wages, whilst Maggie said 15% to the forces . it was the Forces that put her into power !

More lies from mouse brain

the recommendations for a pay increase were put in motion under Callaghan in 1978

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/103664

the number of forces voters did not equate to the margin of victory in 1979

ps these mist uncertain of times is it not reassuring to know that one thing remains in permanency, this racists ability to consistently lie

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You keep gloating about Europeans dying, this is totally out of order.

Had AstraZeneca not had their European plants manufacture the Oxford vaccine the Oxford vaccine would only have started coming today. AstraZeneca is a Swedish company.

Once again I stress we are doing an amazing job I am just making a point comparisons are totally irrelevant.

I'm afraid the deaths of foreigners is  the only thing the sad xenephobe can find as a potential "benefit" from Brexit. 

https://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/brexit-woes-at-ely-based-horizon-rms-6900006

Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland

A company “paralysed by Brexit” has been forced to launch a £100,000 operation in Holland in a bid to get around new overseas VAT complications. 

New rules after Brexit mean packages arriving into Europe must have their VAT paid for one day before delivery as opposed to being accounted for afterwards like before.   

The rules also require those at the delivery address to pay, not head offices or accounts teams – meaning shops and customers are forced to pay VAT for packages or have them returned to the UK – incurring more costs. 

The charges have been described by one customer as “a ransom note” and “a complete surprise” before the shipment can be delivered.   

Director Andrew Moss, who started the business from his bedroom in Ely 12 years ago, now has a team of 37 staff to look after and has had to take drastic action.   

We’re discovering things before the Government is and it’s impossible,” he said. “It’s just an absolute nightmare.   

“And when you combine that with all the Covid problems we just want to give up and go home, we are struggling to trade .”

Edited by horsefly

Was that clause a bit that was added into the oven, when it had already been going some while ?

Jokes aside, what we are seeing is a 'deal' that owes more to fat boy's desperation to 'get it done' at all costs, as the sh ite the thickos were told in 2016, was never going to happen.

The cost is now being seen in extra fees, tariffs and delays as UK trade comes to terms with being a third country

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I'm afraid the deaths of foreigners is  the only thing the sad xenephobe can find as a potential "benefit" from Brexit. 

no, it is one thing amongst much else that he knows will provoke a response

stop wasting your time treating him as worthy of replying to

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Re your post it said “Nope. I didn’t know that, do you have evidence” 

Re BBC Brexit bashing for 5 years. You have to be kidding me. You would have been forgiven thinking Nigel Farage was a BBC correspondent the number of times he and his pals were on the BBC spouting all their sh!te about Europe and how Brexit was going to be the solution to that. 

The simple fact is the truth hurts, and plenty of people have hands over their eyes or fingers in their ears mumbling “nah nah na nah na” as they don’t want to face the consequences of their actions - consequences that were plain to see and were pointed out would happen by those opposed to this self-destructive Brexit policy. 

You're shouting at a ham sandwich, Surfer.

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Note to self - Please ignore RTB, PM and SC. At least Jools' seems have the nous to know when to hide away in embarrassment. They are just not worth it.

If it's a note to self why are you posting it on here?

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I landed at Brisbane Airport one time and this sniffer dog made a beeline for one of my bags and nosed around, waggng its tail excitedly. 'You have some fruit in there' the handler said. Me: 'No, I don't.' Reply said with deep certainty: 'My dog is never wrong.'

So I opened the bag and took everything out and the dog homed in on a Sainsbury's plastic bag which contained...drum roll...a pair of plimsolls, and no fruit. But obviously had done on its first trip back from Sainsbury's some time earlier and on another continent. So the dog was not entirely wrong. You cannot even take fruit across the state line in Oz.

Or maybe you just need to wash your feet more often?🤣

I wasn't allowed to bring in boomerangs from Oz to NZ for my lads when we lived there. Or the peanuts I had left from the flight.

I told the customs man at Wellington airport not to throw the boomerangs away but he stayed miserable.

There was a kind of unwritten law in those days that you didn't bring stuff in from other countries just because it was Tax Free because you were jeopardising Kiwi jobs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill said:

More lies from mouse brain

the recommendations for a pay increase were put in motion under Callaghan in 1978

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/103664

the number of forces voters did not equate to the margin of victory in 1979

ps these mist uncertain of times is it not reassuring to know that one thing remains in permanency, this racists ability to consistently lie

Mrs. Thatcher

I should like to put three points to James Callaghanthe Prime Minister. The first is a general one. Is he aware that his statement shows that the Government have failed lamentably to provide the levels of pay that the Services need and deserve? Our people are deeply disturbed that the forces have been let down in matters of pay and this statement means that they will continue to be let down for some time to come.

Secondly, social benefits. Will the Prime Minister assure the House that, as a result of his statement today, members of the Forces will no longer need to apply for rent and rate rebates and other social benefits?

Thirdly, comparability. As average earnings for the nation as a whole are rising by about 14 per cent. a year and as forces' pay has fallen behind that of their civilian equivalents by some 32 per cent., is the Prime Minister aware that this award means that for another year the Services are going to stay as far behind as they are now? Why have the Government done nothing this year to reduce the gap which has led to so many resignations and sapped morale in the Forces? Is he aware that we welcome the promise to restore comparability in two years, but note that promises so far in the future cost this Government nothing? We shall restore comparability, and restore it more quickly.

poor mouse brain, as clueless as ever

those comments were made in response to the pay board review published on that date 25/4/78

if you understood the implications of a pay board recommendation you would not have blindly put up that quote

as thick and ignorant as ever

Edited by Bill
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wasn't allowed to bring in boomerangs from Oz to NZ for my lads when we lived there. Or the peanuts I had left from the flight.

I told the customs man at Wellington airport not to throw the boomerangs away but he stayed miserable.

There was a kind of unwritten law in those days that you didn't bring stuff in from other countries just because it was Tax Free because you were jeopardising Kiwi jobs.

My favourite old Ozzy joke.

Arriving at immigration / customs.

Sir, Do you have any thing to declare, no food, drugs etc ? No

Any criminal record?

Didn't think you needed one anymore.....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

My favourite old Ozzy joke.

Arriving at immigration / customs.

Sir, Do you have any thing to declare, no food, drugs etc ? No

Any criminal record?

Didn't think you needed one anymore.....

Definition of an Aussie vibrator?

Empty Fosters bottle full of flies

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I do know that in 1944 the Dutch people were literally being starved by the Germans and we Brits made food drops to save them. We lost a number of pilots and crew saving the Dutch. 

Unsurprisingly the resident troll has chosen to misrepresent this by putting a 1950's boys war comic slant on it.

In Sept 1944 the Dutch railways went in strike, hampering food distribution. A harsh winter saw canals frozen, which caused further disruption to food distribution. Any lorry movement was subject to Allied attack as it could not be known whether they were military or civilian.

It was the Germans who alleviated matters by allowing in food by air and road without attack.

Three aircraft were lost. Two to a mid air crash and one to engine fire - non to hostile enemy action.

12 hours ago, paul moy said:

No worries.   We must protect our borders too !!

I must add though that all  EU goods are now off my shopping list 😎

Paul, I'm rather baffled why, especially given your very well documented hatred of the EU and everything to do with it, all EU goods weren't off your shopping list donkeys years ago.

After all the EU has strict rules on Country of Origin labelling so you could very easily have stopped buying stuff from those nasty EU27 countries whenever you liked - surely it hasn't taken you this long to work that out, or then again maybe it has..😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

poor mouse brain, as clueless as ever

those comments were made in response to the pay board review published on that date 25/4/78

if you understood the implications of a pay board recommendation you would not have blindly put up that quote

as thick and ignorant as ever

Poor Billy liar is at it again 🤣 

47 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

German fishermen ERUPT as lucrative boats tied up at port due to new Brexit rules!

Erh not quite.

Last I heard unless its changed simply same as British boats also tied up as  can't fish Norway or Greenland waters yet as no deal agreed yet due to focus being on EU UK deal. (Previous EU deal with these nations of which we were part needs renegotiating).

Anyway story at least 5 days old. Keep trawling😄

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Erh not quite.

Last I heard unless its changed simply same as British boats also tied up as  can't fish Norway or Greenland waters yet as no deal agreed yet due to focus being on EU UK deal. (Previous EU deal with these nations of which we were part needs renegotiating).

Anyway story at least 5 days old. Keep trawling😄

they are finding it too expensive to travel as they can't fish  our coasts or Norway's  they are having a right go at Angela Dorothea Merkel 

Shall we check back in two weeks time and see who, out of British boats and German boats, is still having problems?

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Poor Billy liar is at it again 🤣 

yep, pointing out where Swindo is lying

of course our simple minded bigot could always point out the inaccuracies in my post

there’s always time for a first 😛