Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

24 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

They aren't "getting round to it"

They are doing it. France and Belgium have already banned it 

You don't expect RTB  to actually know the facts ? That would take some research or just reading any quality newspaper.

You didn't put much effort in did you,really?? Google "Scottish fish" and click on the "news" tab. Took about 20 seconds.

I watched a programme about Cornwall fishermen and the man chosen by the Cornwall fishing community is a remainer!  It was one the BBC  Only in this country could anyone believe that could happen! 

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I watched a programme about Cornwall fishermen and the man chosen by the Cornwall fishing community is a remainer!  It was one the BBC  Only in this country could anyone believe that could happen! 

I watched the same programme and there were a range of views re Brexit.

It's available on the iPlayer so anyone can watch and see that Swindon is wrong.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I watched the same programme and there were a range of views re Brexit.

It's available on the iPlayer so anyone can watch and see that Swindon is wrong.

I think the default position is Swindon is wrong, as simple as that

as after numerous years waiting for him to post something that is either factually accurate and/or true

I finally gave up, as he is nothing more than a racist who habitually lies

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's all in the details.

Remind me Herman, did we have any such restriction on trade with Japan when we were in the single market? I.e before our great new "Free tade deal" as a sovereign nation.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Remind me Herman, did we have any such restriction on trade with Japan when we were in the single market? I.e before our great new "Free tade deal" as a sovereign nation.

Funnily enough, I am sure we were part of a great EU/Japan trade deal not that long ago. Not sure what happened where we ended up with a worse version of what we already had?? Maybe Jools can give us some updates.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I live in Cornwall and the Fishing Industry has been finished for years. Just like Tin Mining.

They didn't adapt and their equipment is falling to bits.

A chap I used to Hash with is a fishermen and the writing was on the wall. So he adapted. He caught fish that suited the Sushi and Restaurant market particularly in London. And he sends boxes of it away every day. BBC even made a programme about him. He didn't sit in the local pub moaning, he got of his jacksie and turned it around.

A chap I play golf with has two boats which he has given to his son. And his son has relocated to Scotland because there is nothing down here.

Move on from fishing. Its a tiny industry. The UK doesn't eat fish unless there is batter around it. I was in printing that was a massive industry employing around a million. Now there is about 80K. I don't recall anyone sympathising with us.

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

Funnily enough, I am sure we were part of a great EU/Japan trade deal not that long ago. Not sure what happened where we ended up with a worse version of what we already had?? Maybe Jools can give us some updates.

Blimey! and there was me thinking that Liz Truss was a genius negotiator and paragon of truth telling. I'm truly shocked.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I was in printing that was a massive industry employing around a million. Now there is about 80K. I don't recall anyone sympathising with us.

I believe Ricardo was also of the ink stained hands, as I recall

he once posted on here about meeting William Caxton as an apprentice

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I believe Ricardo was also of the ink stained hands, as I recall

he once posted on here about meeting William Caxton as an apprentice

He was chiselling out "to do" lists for Moses.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

He was chiselling out "to do" lists for Moses.

and maybe if he didn't have to rely upon counting on his fingers

.....................we might have got a few more commandments 😄

Quelle Surprise !!   Macron deliberately delays our freight. 

Time to check every French boat in our waters methinks to ensure that they are sticking to our regulations on fishing as I am pretty sure they are not,  as well as checking every lorry coming in from France, especially the French ones.   If they want to behave like children then we have to respond in kind. 

All very predictable..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1381661/Brexit-news-france-border-eu-latest-UK-trade-dover-trade-emmanuel-macron

12 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Quelle Surprise !!   Macron deliberately delays our freight. 

Time to check every French boat in our waters methinks to ensure that they are sticking to our regulations on fishing as I am pretty sure they are not,  as well as checking every lorry coming in from France, especially the French ones.   If they want to behave like children then we have to respond in kind. 

All very predictable..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1381661/Brexit-news-france-border-eu-latest-UK-trade-dover-trade-emmanuel-macron

The Express reporting what someone says on Talk Radio is not reliable news.

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy.

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

has it ever been anything else ?

best put him on ignore

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just had a quick glimpse and that paper is a nasty, spiteful rag. No wonder Moyo has gone rotten reading that far-right propaganda all the time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Herman said:

Just had a quick glimpse and that paper is a nasty, spiteful rag. No wonder Moyo has gone rotten reading that far-right propaganda all the time.

The Express appears in my news feed, and all I can say is they are either predicting record snow fall from September till April,  or saying how the whole world will shower the UK in money and trade post Brexit.

Having avoided looking inside , on reading your post, I'm glad I haven't.

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

The Express appears in my news feed, and all I can say is they are either predicting record snow fall from September till April,  or saying how the whole world will shower the UK in money and trade post Brexit.

Having avoided looking inside , on reading your post, I'm glad I haven't.

You overlook the latest Princess Di death theory

....................along with endless stories trying to persuade us that Farage isn't a c**t 😏

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

You overlook the latest Princess Di death theory

....................along with endless stories trying to persuade us that Farage isn't a c**t 😏

Haha, overlooking the contents of the Daily Express is never a bad thing.