Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

try finding anything I wrote which is racist IBET YOU CAN'T 

I and everyone else on here know that the most offensive racist remarks you made on here were on the old forum and cannot be retrieved you F.UCKWIT. Some of us have long memories of you and your teaching assistant racist wifes remarks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

I and everyone else on here know that the most offensive racist remarks you made on here were on the old forum and cannot be retrieved you F.UCKWIT. Some of us have long memories of you and your teaching assistant racist wifes remarks.

try finding anything I wrote about being racist none of you remouners can't do it. The classic fall back for anyone that voted out by remouners .

Edited by SwindonCanary

There were too many foreign kids in your wife's school, that's why you voted brexit. We all remember.... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

There was nothing wrong with those remarks about those, I was just pointing out how difficult it is when kids can't speak a word of English It was also the other kids from abroad that were in the class that were held back.   

Edited by SwindonCanary

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

try finding anything I wrote about being racist none of you remouners can't do it. The classic fall back for anyone that voted out by remouners .

You've posted racist cartoons, you make racist jokes and you claim that they are not racist.

You are the evidence.

4 hours ago, paul moy said:

Any friction can be resolved and the only reason we have extra friction is because the EU has to spite us for leaving.  In time, the EU will realise that their intransigence is self-defeating as they export many times more to us than we do to them.

I see that the EU are already lowering their own standards with their proposed agreement with China........ nobody should be doing deals with Covid-creating China but I suppose the EU are indeed desperate after losing one of their biggest contributors.

I facepalm with despair reading the comments of the Mad Moy.

Brexiters were insistent on "sovereignty", of being a country outside of the sphere of the EU. But when the EU expects exactly the same paperwork to be provided from the UK as any other third party country, in Moy terms it's "spite".

Since Boris declared the agreement on December 24th, without any kind of implementation period business preparations were based on best guesses. Over time they'll get used to meeting the new requirements, but God only knows if their businesses will make enough money to trade, or even if they can trade in the EU at all.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You've posted racist cartoons, you make racist jokes and you claim that they are not racist.

You are the evidence.

i did not do that !

The problem was, and still is, Brexiteers do not understand the difference between a single market and an FTA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This company has been mentioned on here before. They are freight forwarders/custom agents at Dover.

Going well then eh?  If we actually had an independent press they would be all over this demanding answers from HM Gov.

N. Ireland.jpg

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Stephen Kinnock's ideas of Common Market 2.0 is probaly closer to the mark than full membership. The failures of Brexit will be pretty evident by 2024, which would be a better time to negotiate a closer realtionship.

Edited by BigFish

1 hour ago, dj11 said:

The problem was, and still is, Brexiteers do not understand the difference between a single market and an FTA. 

About 15 billion a year for a massive trade deficit,  no fishing industry, and unlimited immigration, so not worth it........ 😎

12 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Stephen Kinnock's ideas of Common Market 2.0 is probaly closer to the mark than full membership. The failures of Brexit will be pretty evident by 2024, which would be a better time to negotiate a closer realtionship.

Maybe, because the EU simply has to change or die.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

I facepalm with despair reading the comments of the Mad Moy.

Brexiters were insistent on "sovereignty", of being a country outside of the sphere of the EU. But when the EU expects exactly the same paperwork to be provided from the UK as any other third party country, in Moy terms it's "spite".

Since Boris declared the agreement on December 24th, without any kind of implementation period business preparations were based on best guesses. Over time they'll get used to meeting the new requirements, but God only knows if their businesses will make enough money to trade, or even if they can trade in the EU at all.

Yes, it is spite. just as the whole process took nearly five years, because of spite and the EU's determination to try to keep us paying for their keep.    

Johnson said we can have our cake and eat it. We can, but before we eat it, we have to fill out a load of forms, and by the time they are completed, it might be off, and then we chuck it into the pile of rotting fish. 

31 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Yes, it is spite. just as the whole process took nearly five years, because of spite and the EU's determination to try to keep us paying for their keep.    

Idiot! The failures of the UK Government caused the massive delays, and who was largely responsible for that, your mates the ERG.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

For every plus Moy puts up, we can put up a minus. Just **** for tat really.

But the salient point for me is that he acknowledged there will be pain. I just want to remind him that in the past, it has been us bottom feeders that have endured the pain.

Every pound that is wiped off the stock market is to someone elses advantage. And the FTSE, which he is so fond of, has very little to do with the UK. 

He prattles on about immigrants taking money out of this country yet is quite happy for investors to do the same thing.

Don't be silly. Our pensions are invested in the stock market and so it has an awful lot to do with the UK. In fact, it has an awful lot to do with us as individuals. Every pound that is wiped off the stock market is to our personal disadvantage.

7 hours ago, paul moy said:

... and we can ban import of cruel veal from France too......

... and we can ban EU countries using cheap labour to fish in our waters, which was mooted a while back

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40152-019-00133-6

Oh the irony to hear the EU squeal because we raise standards🤣

We've banned pulse trawling, too. Another raise in UK standards over the EU standards. Another Brexit benefit.

Remoaners didn't predict any of this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Don't be silly. Our pensions are invested in the stock market and so it has an awful lot to do with the UK. In fact, it has an awful lot to do with us as individuals. Every pound that is wiped off the stock market is to our personal disadvantage.

Eeaaaaaaw  Eeaaaaaw  Willlberrrrr

29 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Idiot! The failures of the UK Government caused the massive delays, and who was largely responsible for that, your mates the ERG.

Yes, the failures of a remoaner government, aided and abetted by remoaner opposition parties.  We won in the end though thanks to an election, the ERG and an 80 seat majority to get Brexit done, and even won staunch Labour seats, the 'red wall' into the bargain . 😎

The strength is in true democracy shown in that election which all remoaners tried to avoid by trying to pass a 'remain' WA which thankfully they failed to do.  😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Yes, the failures of a remoaner government, aided and abetted by remoaner opposition parties.  We won in the end though thanks to an election, the ERG and an 80 seat majority to get Brexit done, and even won staunch Labour seats, the 'red wall' into the bargain . 😎

The strength is in true democracy shown in that election which all remoaners tried to avoid by trying to pass a 'remain' WA which thankfully they failed to do.  😎

Idiot! you said it was the EU that held up Brexit. It wasn't, it was the UK Government and in particular the ERG who voted down every deal May put before them (deals that turned out to be better than the one they accepted). So stop being so thick.

6 hours ago, BigFish said:

Inward investment has fallen by four fifths since the referendum

Your choice of 2016 as a starting point is twisting the statistics somewhat. Here are the statistics for total Inward FDI from 2010:

2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
37,666 26,339 35,099 33,054 14,993 25,309 191,952 74,884 65,860 35,598

A  better interpretation would be that the referendum caused an almost 400% increase in FDI when UK voted to leave the EU. That amazing performance maintained traction for three years and by 2019 FDI had returned to normal levels.

I fully expect 2021 will see amazingly good FDI numbers now that Brexit has actually happened. I fully expect you'll continue with your fake news trolling.

Data: ons.gov.uk

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

We've banned pulse trawling, too. Another raise in UK standards over the EU standards. Another Brexit benefit.

Remoaners didn't predict any of this.

The EU is implementing a ban this year 

Some countries in the EU have already banned it

The UK could have banned it whilst in the EU 

7 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The EU is implementing a ban this year 

Some countries in the EU have already banned it

The UK could have banned it whilst in the EU 

The EU getting round to implementing a ban sometime is a bit like the EU maybe, possibly, perhaps getting round to ordering enough doses of Covid vaccination. Once might seem unfortunate, twice - there's a pattern developing here... And it's only the second week in January. Perhaps they maybe, possibly, might just get around to banning live exports of animals but thinking about the French farmers, I can't see that happening anytime soon. Whereas I can definitely see that happening in the UK, perhaps this year.

Yep, there is a pattern developing here.

• Like 1